• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Manchester City Post Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! Fair enough, although tbf, at no point did I give a timescale or suggest he'd be an immediate star.

Fuck, even Suarez took a fair few games to properly settle in & he was an example of a foreign player who bedded in extremely quickly.

What? Suarez tore Utd’s entire defence a new one immediately. It took him a while to score for fun but he was an instant improvement to the team. Keita isn’t yet and I think most would have expected him even with taking time to bed in to easily be better than one of our CM’s

What? Suarez tore Utd’s entire defence a new one immediately. It took him a while to score for fun but he was an instant improvement to the team. Keita isn’t yet and I think most would have expected him even with taking time to bed in to easily be better than one of our CM’s

Didi Hamann got criticised for near enough a full season before people started to see the best of him. I know he came from Newcastle, which may aswell be another country, but still...

Didi Hamann got criticised for near enough a full season before people started to see the best of him. I know he came from Newcastle, which may aswell be another country, but still...

You are missing the point - I know the market is inflated but the money we have paid for him would suggest he should be ready to play in any side. I was not expecting a long bedding him period - because he had a full pre-season with us too. Midfield is the one area we need some fresh ideas this season as most other teams are finding ways to counter our front three. From his body language on the pitch I am also getting the feeling that he feels he is not being used in the correct way - or our players are not passing to him take advantage of the spaces he covers in central midfield area. We should have let him run at them yesterday and try some of the stuff he is supposed to possess - he did really well when he came on late against Chelsea.

Ha true and I’ll happily give Keita plenty of time, I just pointing out that I can understand why people are frustrated. Certainly on here he was bigged up massively.

Personally I don’t think we strengthened enough in midfield in the summer and said so but was told to stop being so negative.

I still think it will be our strength in depth that does us in this year but time will tell.

Ha true and I’ll happily give Keita plenty of time, I just pointing out that I can understand why people are frustrated. Certainly on here he was bigged up massively.

Personally I don’t think we strengthened enough in midfield in the summer and said so but was told to stop being so negative.

I still think it will be our strength in depth that does us in this year but time will tell.

When you write things such as "I still think it will be our strength in depth that does us in this year " perhaps you might be able to see why people are calling you excessively negative.

We've been playing a game every 3 to 4 days for a month, including away games at Spurs, Chelsea and Napoli and home games against Chelsea, and City and PSG.

We did get a nice roll of the dice against Southampton but some might argue, correctly, that those fixtures are rather tricky even difficult, one following after another...

The last time I checked we are on the same points as City, I think we are pretty damned nifty and to point the finger at new players like Keita or indeed members of our front three or bemoan the absence of a coach...

Blimey...

City's last seven;

Newcastle
Fulham
Lyon
Cardiff
Oxford
Brighton
Hoffenheim.

Some of you folk need to check your heads.

When I saw the graphic before he took it I was fairly confident he would miss or Becker would save it.

But, given that past record, how the hell did Achtenburg (sp?) predict he was going to shoot high right (from GK perspective)?
I was wondering that. I can only assume its either a long term thing, as in they've studied past seasons & he always shoots top right after a series like that, or he always goes top right on high pressure penalties.

The only other alternative is that we have been getting footage or information from the city training grounds.

However daft that sounds, reading about us scouting players for 20 odd games on the trot & watching them train during that period, plus city saying he'd been taking penalties all week in training & nailing them, means I suspect the latter is a real possibility. Also, we had problems with teams doing that to us at melwood so it's not that outlandish a suggestion imo.

Allison (6) Did well enough, made a couple of regulation saves, but wasn't that busy. Some less than impressive distribution though.

I think that one he made at the near post is worth a mention, the save from Mahrez. He hit it hard and low at close range, and if that was calamity karius or the mong it was pretty much guaranteed to go in, but Allison got down and got to it in a billionth of a second.

When I saw the graphic before he took it I was fairly confident he would miss or Becker would save it.

But, given that past record, how the hell did Achtenburg (sp?) predict he was going to shoot high right (from GK perspective)?

By looking at his previous penalty attempts allied with the likelihood of a left-footed player hitting the ball there.

None of his previous attempts were top left.

Anyways, thought it was odd Guardiola saying after the game he didn't know Mahrez prior record on pens. I thought that was the kind of stat he'd have branded into his cortex.

None of his previous attempts were top left.

Anyways, thought it was odd Guardiola saying after the game he didn't know Mahrez prior record on pens. I thought that was the kind of stat he'd have branded into his cortex.

So maybe he's a......mind-reader? Or just got lucky?

Not like he had a wealth of options, given that Jesus has missed his last few aswell. Whatevs, it was very funny.

Think he wants you to rate city's attackers

Considering they were as shite, if not shitter, I don't know what's to be achieved

Yeah, they were poor. Aguero looked listless and Sterling did nowt either.

Mind you, they've scored as many goals between the two of them as our front three put together, so we should be quite thankful.

Kinda mad that Aguero has never scored in ten attempts at Anfield, and they've only beat us there times in a hundred years or something.

I don't get the whole bogey team thing, but we're defo theirs.

Kinda mad that Aguero has never scored in ten attempts at Anfield, and they've only beat us there times in a hundred years or something.

I don't get the whole bogey team thing, but we're defo theirs.

Hmmm, their record at Anfield is actually quite understandable given they were shit for 100 years, and they've only been in a position to actually expect any kind of result since Qatar bought them.

I think I heard on the radio that Keegan was the last City manager to win at Anfield. Heh heh.

(And how did that happen?)

The fact that they haven't won since they became Human Rights FC is kinda boss. I was scared to post such shit pre match as I feared it would all end on Sunday. Still very happy with a point.

So maybe he's a......mind-reader? Or just got lucky?

Not like he had a wealth of options, given that Jesus has missed his last few aswell. Whatevs, it was very funny.

Hope Achtenburg didn't jump like that on the sideline based on a pure gut feeling or chance of luck..... But if he had knew he would put it over to Goodison he could just as well told Allisson to lay down.

8 games, 20 points … that's trending to 95 points for the season. That'll win it for us
City got 100 points last season

#justsayin

OK - I've been thinking about this. Let's look at it this way :

At this stage last season (i.e. after 8 games) we had 13 points and we ended the season on 75; applying the same trajectory for this season, our current total of 20 points implies we will end the season on just over 115 points.

Do the same to City's projected total: after 8 games last season they had 22 points, and they finished on 100 - so this season they are heading for just short of 91 points.

#justsayin

PS Unfortunately finishing 24 points ahead of them means they pip us to the tile by 1 point due to that 25 point handicap we have to deal with, but at least it means we start the 19/20 season with just a 1 point handicap

At this stage last season (i.e. after 8 games) we had 13 points and we ended the season on 75; applying the same trajectory for this season, our current total of 20 points implies we will end the season on just over 115 points.

Do the same to City's projected total: after 8 games last season they had 22 points, and they finished on 100 - so this season they are heading for just short of 91 points.

#justsayin

PS Unfortunately finishing 24 points ahead of them means they pip us to the tile by 1 point due to that 25 point handicap we have to deal with, but at least it means we start the 19/20 season with just a 1 point handicap
Thanks for not cheering us all up...so we wait for season 19/20...we will find other shit why we will not win the title...of that i am sure.

Fuck this ... lets just try and win all our remaining games ... that should land us the title ..but also we need to score loads as this season i think it will be decided on goal difference.

#justsayin

Tom, I never realised you were such a talented mathematician.

Maximum 114 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom