• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Manchester City Post Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me why??

135847-backstreet-boys-tell-me-why.jpg

Our game is heavily based around pressing and energy.

We've just played Spurs, PSG, Chelsea twice, Napoli and City.

That's 5 of the best possession based sides in Europe (in a row).

When our legs were at 100%, we won games and created chances (Spurs, PSG). Towards the back end on the run, when our legs weren't 100%, our pressing game was off and we struggled. But that's to be expected.

Today what was encouraging was that we remembered to play football and keep the ball. We didn't try and counter attack after every time we won the ball. That gave us some rest (in possession). And meant we weren't absolutely dead on our feet around 80mins, as were in Naples.

Ox was a laughing stock after his first month or so. Keita has shown glimpses of class. But right now he's playing too safe and isn't running with the ball enough (one of his main strengths. I do wonder whether playing him on the left of CM has hurt him, as Mane drops in deep and kills that space. I think, like Ox, he'd be better served playing on the right.
Rurik is usually the poster I pay most attention to on this site, but these are excellent posts. Personally, I think our attacking game is a little off - not much, but enough. I also think Naby has not fully settled. But your points on the type of opposition we have been playing - and also on Oxlade-Chamberlain, are well worth reading.

Apart from the penalty, I was pretty calm the whole game that looks petering out with a draw, the teams cancelling out each other.

Any news about the Ox? We need more options in midfield now that Milner is injured... Milner never stay down....

On the plus side it appears as if Allison's skin has cleared right up, Nivea boys to the rescue! I like to imagine them soaping each other down in the shower...who brought that footy in here!? Towels for goalposts, marvellous, isn't it.

Ox is out til the emd of the season i think Y1...Fekir probably would have made a difference yesterday, I wonder if they will end up going for him in January.

Ox is out til the emd of the season i think Y1...Fekir probably would have made a difference yesterday, I wonder if they will end up going for him in January.
Just play shaqiri behind the front 3... With two defensive midfielders behind against a team like Man City, to allow the fullbacks to push up when required..

That being said, when Keita decides to play football like he did in the bundesliga, all well be ok the world..

Klopp sadly is starting to wind me up with his tactical approach atm

Ox has been out like forever and still not going to play for this whole season? wow

I saw that tweet earlier, and in the replies there is a video of a Liverpool fan doing the same thing (with the opposite reaction obv).

What sad bastards go to a match and then video themselves commentating all the way through???? That's worse than holding up an IPAD to get a clip of Mo Salah running past you

I saw that tweet earlier, and in the replies there is a video of a Liverpool fan doing the same thing (with the opposite reaction obv).

What sad bastards go to a match and then video themselves commentating all the way through???? That's worse than holding up an IPAD to get a clip of Mo Salah running past you

They do it because they have their own little fan channels, and I think there's a place for it if that's what they're doing, even if it's not my cup of tea. I don't think it will be commentating throughout, just key moments. There's supporters from far flung corners of the world that can gain something of the experience of going to the game.

I almost never post opposition managers' interviews, but Pep's analysis of Liverpool is quite interesting:

Achterberg tipped off Alisson:

Last edited:
What would be the point. We would spend it on more Keita/Fabinho types of bang average

Klopps and the clubs transfer policy and success in the transfer market has earned them that we give new players more than a few months to settle.
They'll both be very good players for us if we just let them settle and give them a bit of time.
Both are young, and were stand outs in their previous league/teams.

Klopps and the clubs transfer policy and success in the transfer market has earned them that we give new players more than a few months to settle.
They'll both be very good players for us if we just let them settle and give them a bit of time.
Both are young, and were stand outs in their previous league/teams.
Yep. As I kept banging on about all summer, their previous record has earned them all the benefits of the doubt we can manage.

Tbf though, it's not like Keita & Fabinho have shown fuck all, they've both shown glimpses of real class on the pitch, but both are clearly struggling positionally & with their role alongside the rest of the side.

I listened to a sports journo the other day on the radio saying that Klopp & Pep both have styles that look free flowing, but in reality it's constant coaching on where to be in every situation that brings it about, they coach using small spaces & areas in a grid like fashion & then move on to using larger areas & showing them where & when to overlap with each other.

Watching Keita especially, it seems like he's continually drifting in towards Mane's position & at times almost seems to be shadowing him, so obviously he's either not comfortable with his role or is nervous & wants the support of knowing Mane will mop up for him. I wonder whether a game without Mane there may help him come out of shell.

Regardless though, I think people need to stop being so fucking inpatient. Keita has started just a handful of games for us & yet people are already happy to practically wrote him off, it's fucking insanity.

Klopp said two weeks ago he's ahead of schedule and back on the training ground, but still quite a way off. So I reckon he'll be back sooner than the end of the season.

Yep. As I kept banging on about all summer, their previous record has earned them all the benefits of the doubt we can manage.

Tbf though, it's not like Keita & Fabinho have shown fuck all, they've both shown glimpses of real class on the pitch, but both are clearly struggling positionally & with their role alongside the rest of the side.

I listened to a sports journo the other day on the radio saying that Klopp & Pep both have styles that look free flowing, but in reality it's constant coaching on where to be in every situation that brings it about, they coach using small spaces & areas in a grid like fashion & then move on to using larger areas & showing them where & when to overlap with each other.

Watching Keita especially, it seems like he's continually drifting in towards Mane's position & at times almost seems to be shadowing him, so obviously he's either not comfortable with his role or is nervous & wants the support of knowing Mane will mop up for him. I wonder whether a game without Mane there may help him come out of shell.

Regardless though, I think people need to stop being so fucking inpatient. Keita has started just a handful of games for us & yet people are already happy to practically wrote him off, it's fucking insanity.

It’s prob more to do with the fact he was labelled as a world beater on here for 12 months before he actually came, we paid insane money at the time for him and had to wait for him to come. Everyone has expected a lot more. Hopefully it comes but you have to understand why some are pissed off.

We essentially are relying on the same CM as last year minus Can to keep us going until him and Fabhino find their feet.

It's all so ME ME ME ME innit. Just watch the fucking match.

As for the result. Very happy. We're well out of sorts but we got through this terrible run of fixtures without getting beat in the league, win away at Spurs, and we're joint top. Glad it's the international break. It's going to be a hell of a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom