• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v FC Bayern München Match Thread CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree I'd have brought Shaq. on and moved Salah infield. However I don't get the major criticism of Origi because he was hardly in the game, and that wasn't his fault,

Yes. It was. It was his fault that he wasn't in the game. At all. Keegan could come on and get in a game even if the distribution was zero. Suarez could do the same. There's no excuse for just going through the motions. That's what Origi did. He gave up on the kind of passes that Rush would have raced towards. That's not what you need when you bring on a striker in the final fifteen minutes. It just isn't. At the very least you need a forward who makes tiring defenders feel anxious. Origi didn't make Bayern's fans feel anxious.

I'm not sure what Hendo and Gini did wrong. I thought some of Hendo's passing was his best all season. Gini was excellent. And Milner immediately made our midfield look a bit more 'smart' in a cynical way.

Never said they did anything wrong - it is Klopp's stabilizing threesome combination - let's face it they were not attacking us or pressing us, and he probably did not want Keita trying anything risky in the last 10 minutes which is why he took off our 2 best creative outlets in Keita and Firminio. I get and completely agree with comment that @Frogfish made.

I am still sticking to my view though - tonight was a very good opportunity missed, and I have no idea what Liverpool team will turn up at the away fixture as we all know what a great record we have in away fixtures in the CL - especially this season. Played 3 away - lost 3 away, even against shit opposition. Oh well - we can at least hope for a draw right ?

Yes. It was. It was his fault that he wasn't in the game. At all. Keegan could come on and get in a game even if the distribution was zero. Suarez could do the same. There's no excuse for just going through the motions. That's what Origi did. He gave up on the kind of passes that Rush would have raced towards. That's not what you need when you bring on a striker in the final fifteen minutes. It just isn't. At the very least you need a forward who makes tiring defenders feel anxious. Origi didn't make Bayern's fans feel anxious.

Origi made SCM very anxious.

Kimmich had Robertson in his pocket, clever player. He just knew we were going to pass it out to him when we break. We need to be smarter than that, do a fake, take a shot, do a dribble, anything than the obvious route to at least confuse him a lil.

Keita was rubbish in an attacking sense. I mean how hard is it to pass into 30-40 yards of open space? He can't even beat a retreating defender.

Good thing he’s out of the next leg

It’s all good we drew the home leg of our last 16 match 0-0 too.

5-0 drubbing in Germany incoming :D

So... Nil Nil...

much better than 1:1

And Bayern is far far from a bad side and regularly go deep into the tournament so...

Never watched it cos it was on at 3 am but apparently we missed a few and didn't deserve to win I gather but were not shite.

I doubt any team can go 180 mins against us not conceding...we will do em...

The inner optimist prevails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom