• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Brighton - Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome then to this great site, it was formed by a rebel group from another LFC group, Due to the way we were created - as @FoxForceFive has pointed out - we are a hated group - there is no going back now to the other forums for you. You are a marked man, but don't worry you are in good hands.
Cheers mate... from what I have seen already this is the place to be :smuggrin:

Honestly, People are pretty decent on here. Don't see too many eejits. You get to discuss the game, relatively intelligently, without dealing with the usual internet BS.

I don't see it as a place where you can say anything, because most people are self restraining. Anyhow, be decent to people and you'll be grand.

I'd never even heard of it, they've got thousands of members, but they edit out the word fuck with stars. Fuck me.

What type of forum is it that doesn't let you swear FFS?!

Maybe thousands signed up but not that many active. It’s a shit show over there.

Honestly, People are pretty decent on here. Don't see too many eejits. You get to discuss the game, relatively intelligently, without dealing with the usual internet BS.

I don't see it as a place where you can say anything, because most people are self restraining. Anyhow, be decent to people and you'll be grand.

I posted very little here at first, choosing instead to watch any listen... I notice a strange yet strong camaraderie between posters/contributor and loved the fact that no one here took themselves too seriously...

Not sucking up to anyone but this is a great site and I thank you all for making it so

I posted very little here at first, choosing instead to watch any listen... I notice a strange yet strong camaraderie between posters/contributor and loved the fact that no one here took themselves too seriously...

My pleasure

Not sucking up to anyone but this is a great site and I thank you all for making it so

Last edited by a moderator:
The point I am making is that at the time people where saying that it is not a problem drawing so many games, until it became one.. So is it, or will it become a problem not scoring so much from open play as we did last season...? That's all I am asking
Sorry lad, it's a stupid point. Last season we were moaning we weren't free flowing as the season before that, people would often reference that Porto game where we eviscerated them with attacking play, saying we were nothing like that last season, Salah was criticised for not being as free scoring and looking more selfish than the season before, sound familiar? That was last season, we won the champions league and got 97 points, improving massively on the season before.

We've improved again this season, we are picking up more points, that's all that matters, enjoy the ride.

I fancy Utd to beat them.
If utd perform anything like they have done against sheffield utd and villa, theyll get absolutely battered.

The proximity in league games beteen wolves playing so deep and packing the box and newcastle doing the same thing and yielding results against City hopefully shows sides of a similar calibre like utd how to approach the game.

If utd perform anything like they have done against sheffield utd and villa, theyll get absolutely battered.

The proximity in league games beteen wolves playing so deep and packing the box and newcastle doing the same thing and yielding results against City hopefully shows sides of a similar calibre like utd how to approach the game.
I expect Utd to sit deep and hit them on the break with City’s recent problems could be very effective

:p
I’m in, I cum inside 15 seconds anyway and the thought of you one you having chow down on my biscuit delight will reduce that 5 seconds ;)
Errrrr you know when one of a group says something in jest but one of them think he's being serious? :p

Here's my raaaaaaatings
Here's my Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatings!
Home again
Across the sea

I fucking hate Rod Stewart, but I do love getting three points, even if YET AGAIN we made fucking heavy weather of it. I don't know what the problem is really, seems a bit simplistic to say "we aren't scoring enough and we can't keep a fucking clean sheet" although that sums it up nicely.

Alisson (3) I love the big grock, but he was a total spaz on Saturday. I suppose he did finally manage to keep a clean sheet, so there is that.

TAA (8) Worked his nuts off and seemed to have a bit more of a spring in his step. Maybe the little rest did him good. Pinged in two utterly EVIL balls for Big Virg to thump in with that magisterial big swede, and was a beacon of sheer class all afternoon. Seems a bit underwhelming to even call him a full-back, such is his influence and importance to the side.

Virgil (9) An unimpeachable bastion of aceness, Virgil bossed the game at both ends of the pitch, bringing calm to stormy waters in the late chaos, after bagging the win with two fucking glorious headers. Yes lad.

Lovren (6) Was kept busy by the busy Connolly, who was at times a total fucking pest and was certainly giving Lovren a tough time, especially early on and we saw some worrying glimpses of Lovren's panicky drunk horse impersonation. He then eased into more of a "back to basics" type of groove, which was simple but more effective.

Robertson (7) The Scottish dynamo was his usual one-man industrial revolution on the left, building attacks, churning up and down the pitch and scrapping every inch of the way. Had a bit more attacking opportunity as the game went on, and took it, tearing past their defenders on the overlap.

Henderson (6) You can't ever question his effort or commitment, and he was again in "work-horse" mode in the "Fabinho role" even if he doesn't play it as well. There were a few moments when he got left stranded, although to be fair, this happens to Fabinho too. Reacted to the sending off in the way a captain should, but there wasn't too many moments in the game where we looked in total control.

Wijnaldum (5) The control issue was partly due to Fab's absence, but also because Wijnaldum had one of his, ah, "less visible" games. He made a couple of good interventions and didn't waste the ball, but he didn't do enough with it either and was just....sort of there. Pretty average to be brutally honest.

Chamberlain (6) Showed in flashes what he adds to the midfield; he's always, ALWAYS looking to drive forward with the ball and attack. Had a couple of decent efforts and probably should have scored. He needs to be more involved though, as he can hover about the periphery at times, but he certainly adds another dimension to the midfield, ie he can shoot on target and is an attacking threat.

Salah (5) Started like he meant business, and looked a threat, but then just couldn't find enough space for the shot, or simply wasted the final ball. He got more and more frustrated and was eventually subbed, which he didn't look too happy about. He's not playing anywhere near his best.

Mane (6) He loves running our Sadio. Fucking loves it. Never stops. And was again our most obvious attacking threat, he's always a clear and present danger. Should have done much better with one shot that he fluffed badly, and didn't have too many other opportunities really.

Firmino (4) Had a shot. Erm, that's it. He looked ponderous and didn't offer any genuine attacking threat, and then started just giving the ball away fucking CONSTANTLY, which was hugely frustrating. Poor, and rightly subbed, but should have been off earlier.

Subs:

Adrian (5) One good stop, two fuck-ups, one goal conceded. Maybe 5 is generous.
Lallana (5) He's never been quick, but he looks to have lost even the yard of pace he used to have.
Origi (5) 5? I dunno, he didn't seem to even have a touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom