• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool face Gini Wijnaldum transfer decision as contract ticks down

Status
Not open for further replies.
He likely has a few Dutch heroes he’d consider following in the footsteps of if the chance arose

Many of the greatest Dutch players switched between several "big" teams in their career – like Seedorf who played for Ajax, Madrid and both Milan teams. Wouldn't be surprised to see Gini move on to another project; hopefully that doesn't affect Van Dijk.

Is he still mad about being "dropped" last season?

Perhaps he feels like doesn't get the kudos that some of the other players in the side get.

He looks relaxed and get well on with his games. That is all I need from him at the moment. Being such an integral and important part of our squad would of course mean it is a big deal to see him walk away. But he has given everything and more, so whatever comes for him in life I would applaud him.

I am not sure he is the galactico Real look for though. Reaching the 30's and not a big name player like Gerrard would have been I am not sure he is what they look for. They probably look to offload Kroos and Modric and will replace them with the Odegaards and other younger players. Also Barcelona need a renewal so they need to bread in younger players. Italy could of course be a destination and he would be an absolute monster there, but the main clubs would be Inter or Juve and their midfields are now so full that they probably have players not even making their 11 man strong bench.

Having said that I think he is a player all these clubs would need a role modell as Gini, but my guess is that he will pen a 2-3 year extention to his current deal.

So what do we think we’ll sell him for? I reckon he’d fetch 40-50m for a European club

I think we are in a position where a lot of players want to come our way if given the chance, hence I would be surprised if Gini left just due to money.

Ah... that stuff didn't seem accurate.

I can't imagine we won't offer him market rates to try and keep him - who is going to pay mad money for Gini? Inter perhaps?

I guess if he's only after one last pay day then he's better off going on a free somewhere the following summer.

Ah... that stuff didn't seem accurate.

I can't imagine we won't offer him market rates to try and keep him - who is going to pay mad money for Gini? Inter perhaps?

I guess if he's only after one last pay day then he's better off going on a free somewhere the following summer.
Oh someone will pay. Especially if he's free. He's very highly rated in Europe.

I he is going, I'd be highly tempted to make overtures to Leicester for Ndidi. 23 and the boy is ready for the big time.

Last edited:
They will want 60 million, Plus for chilwell. Nidii will go for silly money in 2021. They are rich and don’t need to sell.
Sorouchu will go for silly money too

We have bought midfielders for £138M since we bought Gini, and he still is in the first XI. Replaceable? Not so sure about that.

Fabinho plays, keita is always injured but probs would play if he wasn't. That's 100 million of it. If the others are minamoto and Shaq then that's not the same position

I get the feeling when we're getting misty eyed thinking back to this brilliant side in a couple of decades time, Gini will be up there with the likes of Kevin Mcdonald in our memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom