• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lions squad

Few players do. The margin of defeat in the last Test might well have been even wider had he lasted the game.

Watching All Blacks v Australia. 3 tries already at half-time with some exciting hand to hand rugby. Australian kicking at the post is pants, though.

I’m a little bit worried….

Same here. Having essentially fixed what wasn't broke after the First Test, Gatland and his squad looked lost last time out. Some of the personnel changes this time may help, but some were too draconian for me and I can see those nasty S.Africans driving a roadroller through it all.

The selection isn't bad. There are good players in that 23. Big question is, will they be allowed to play rugby?

Really looking forward to this.

I think the lions have a great chance today......Just have a horrible feeling it could be decided by yellows and reds.

Yeah, I said something similar when the final whistle blew yesterday.

Congratulations to S.Africa. We let ourselves down by poor tactics at times but a winning side still has to score its points and make its tackles.

Agreed, JJ. I'm not too disheartened as I feel a more adventurous head coach than Gatland would have got much more out of this [quite talented] squad. I hope the talk about his going another Lions tour gets knocked in the head. He has had his chances.

Finn Russell showed what was possible yesterday. His first match in five weeks - it took the Boks until the second half to get a handle on him. The Boks ability to keep us out despite the first half dominance is what won them the game.

Russell had the attack moving well with runners constantly getting over the gain line because of his ability to play close to the gain line. Its the best the backline played in the test series by a mile - and it got the best out of the ball carriers in the pack too.

Naturally that was undone when Murray came on - that was the death knell for me yesterday.

But we still had chances to win the game even after that.

Kolbe's finish was really impressive too - the hand off to get rid of Cowan-Dickie was savage.

When we had that attacking 5m scrum and the commentator said "there are seven Englishman in the pack, that should add some cohesiveness".........I knew we were doomed ;)

When we had that attacking 5m scrum and the commentator said "there are seven Englishman in the pack, that should add some cohesiveness".........I knew we were doomed ;)

We were doomed when AWJ turned down two kickable penalties to kick for position instead. The first one was maybe understandable but the second was criminal, and I say that as an admirer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom