• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LFC Loan Watch - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nomad

Very Well-Known
I'll look to keep this updated as and when the deals happen for outbound players:

Name (POS) - Team (Country League - Tier)

Marcelo Pitaluga (GK) - Macclesfield Town (England - 8th Tier)
Jakub Ojrzynski (GK) - Radomiak Radom (Poland - Top Tier)

Conor Bradley (RB) - Bolton (England - 3rd Tier)
Billy Koumetio (CB) - Austria Wien (Austria - Top Tier)
Adam Lewis (LB) - Newport County (England - 4th Tier)

Tyler Morton (MF) - Blackburn (England - 1st Tier)
James Balagizi (AM) - Crawley Town (England - 4th Tier)

Last edited by a moderator:
Had high hopes for balagizi; shame thats the best we could do for him. Feels like the Pitaluga one is a bit shit as well

Balagizi just looks like one of those lads that's big and powerful for his age to me. Never really saw much class there tbh.

And yeah sending someone to the 8th tier just seems pointless - is that even really a step up from the reserves?

Macclesfield FC: Silkmen crowned champions in first season

[article]
Macclesfield FC have won the the North West Counties Premier Division title in their inaugural season.

After the original Macclesfield Town were wound up by the High Court in September 2020, local businessman Robert Smethurst purchased the assets the following month.

The rebranded Macclesfield FC then entered the fifth step of non-league.

The Silkmen were crowned champions with three games to spare after Saturday's 4-0 win over Ashton Athletic.
[/article]

[article]Macclesfield FC are thrilled to announce the signing of highly-rated Brazilian goalkeeper Marcelo Pitaluga, who arrives at the Club on a season-long loan from Liverpool.

A Brazilian youth international, Marcelo embarked on his career at Fluminense where his stunning rise through the ranks saw him advance into the Reserve Team at the tender age of 16.

Marcelo quickly began to attract the attention of the world’s most illustrious clubs and after being part of the Brazil squad that claimed the FIFA Under-17 World Cup on home soil, this was magnified even further.

After Liverpool Goalkeeping Coach John Achterburg became mesmerised by Marcelo’s standout performances and undeniable ability, the Brazilian made the move to Anfield in October 2020 for an initial fee of £1m.

This could well rise significantly in the future depending on Marcelo’s progression – yet training alongside the likes of Adrian, Alisson Becker and Caoimhin Kelleher on a daily basis will unquestionably push the 19-year-old towards fulfilling his breathtaking potential.

Marcelo has already made a mark at Anfield, becoming a regular in their Under-23s side and was named on the First Team bench four times during the 2021/22 campaign.

His progress has certainly not gone unnoticed and speaking to the Liverpool FC Official Club Website, Brazilian compatriot Alisson Becker stated –

“Marcelo is really talented. I saw him a few times back in Brazil, but I know more about him here as a goalie and as a person as well.

“He is a really special boy, he is really excited about having the opportunity to play for Liverpool. Now he has settled in and is doing really well in training.

“He is a boy who trains really hard and is really dedicated to what he is doing. And someone who likes to learn as well.

“So it is really good to work together with him, not only for being Brazilian but for being a really good talent and such a good person.”

Director of Football Robbie Savage commented –

“To attract players of Marcelo’s stature really does exemplify how far the Football Club has come – in what remains a very short period of time.

“For Liverpool Football Club to trust us with one of their most promising talents speaks volumes about how we are perceived in the wider footballing world and I would like to thank them wholeheartedly for allowing Marcelo to join us for the 2022/23 campaign.

“It was imperative that we were promoted from the NWCFL Premier Division last season – giving us the ability to bring in loan signings such as this and I am confident that there will be many more as we continue to evolve.

“But make no mistake, we can only bring in players like Marcelo due to the magnificent backing we receive from our incredibly loyal and passionate fans.

“Without them, this deal quite simply would not have happened.”

We are incredibly privileged to welcome Marcelo to the Leasing.com Stadium and wish him every success during his time with us.

In addition, we would like to thank David Woodfine from Liverpool FC, who has been instrumental in us securing this remarkable loan signing.[/article]

[article]Crawley Town Football Club is delighted to announce that Liverpool youngster James Balagizi has joined the club on a season-long loan.

The 18-year-old attacking midfielder joined Liverpool as an under-11 from the Manchester City Academy.

Balagizi signed his first professional contract with the European giants in September 2020 at the age of 15. James immediately linked up with the under-18 squad and scored a brace on his debut despite being three years younger than most of his opponents.

As well as having a successful youth career for his club, Balagizi has also appeared on numerous occasions for the England youth teams. James was handed his Three Lions debut at the age of 15 by current Crawley manager Kevin Betsy. The attacking midfielder also linked up with Betsy at under-18 level.

Having made over 50 appearances for Liverpool, this is Balagizi’s first loan move.

Speaking on Balagizi’s loan move, manager Kevin Betsy said: “We are really thankful to Liverpool for allowing James to join us on loan. He is an extremely talented young man who I have known for a very long time. He is highly thought of at Liverpool, so for them to send him to us and trust us with a real asset of theirs speaks volumes for the football club. James can be a box-to-box to midfielder with great athleticism and speed. He can also play a real defensive role at times, as he is really astute in his positioning. A real class act who I believe will show his quality once he gets on the pitch for us. This really is a fantastic signing for us as he already has a great pedigree and has played for his national side at such a young age.”

When asked about his move to the Reds, Balagizi said: “I am over the moon to sign here, and I feel like this is the right move for myself and my family. My relationship with Kevin is what brought me to the club as he was in my ear and telling me that I should join. However, after he spoke to me, I did some research on the club, and I really liked the project that they are building here.”

The club would like to extend their thanks to Liverpool for allowing James to join us on loan for this season.[/article]

They does seem like a couple of weird moves there, but if they consistently play and Star, then it can do no harm.

[article]We are pleased to announce the signing of Czech goalkeeper Vitezslav Jaros on a season-long loan from Liverpool.

The highly-rated shot-stopper arrived at Anfield as a 16-year-old in 2017, joining from Czech side Slavia Prague. He began his time in the Academy at Liverpool under the tutelage of Steven Gerrard, helping the Club win the FA Youth Cup in 2019. He then went on to make his first appearance for the Liverpool first-team in a pre-season friendly at Tranmere later that same year, before representing the Club’s U23s side in the Papa John’s Trophy.

Shortly after signing a new long-term contact with the Club, Vit then enjoyed a highly successful spell out on loan at Irish top-flight side St Pat’s Athletic, keeping 11 clean sheets in 38 appearances and winning both the club’s Player of the Season and the League of Ireland’s Goalkeeper of the Year awards.

His time at the Irish Club came to a successful conclusion, as his final appearance saw him win the FAi Cup final against Bohemians, in front of 37,000 fans at the Aviva Stadium.

The 20-year-old then spent the second half of last season on loan at National League side Notts County, enjoying the perfect audition for his move here with an inspired display at Edgeley Park back in March, despite losing the game 3-0.

The 20-year-old’s performances have also seen him recognised at international level, earning two caps for Czech Republic U21s, most recently keeping a clean sheet in a 7-0 win over Andorra in a Euros qualifier a month ago.

His addition adds further competition between the sticks alongside Ben Hinchliffe going into the new season, following Ethan Ross’ departure on loan to York City last week.

Director of Football Simon Wilson said:

“Vit is an exceptionally talented young goalkeeper who has gone out and had some excellent experience in men’s football for his young age. We are delighted that both he and Liverpool trust us for the next stage of his development, and believe he can help our team in its next phase of our evolution.”

Manager Dave Challinor said:

“I’m delighted that Vit has agreed to join us. We were one of several options that he had, so to have him choose us is a big positive. He’s a goalkeeper with a big future ahead of him and is very highly regarded at Liverpool and comes with real positive references.

“The big thing for us that differentiates him from Luca, who we had on loan last season and who I believe has a similarly bright future, is that Vit has played games over the past 18 months. His previous loans have been positive ones and have allowed us to see him develop.

“This season will be another year for him to develop and compete with Ben for that starting place on a regular basis. He obviously witnessed Edgeley Park first-hand last season with Notts County and the atmosphere within the ground. He’s had a bit of a break, having spent the last two years without a rest playing right through hence the time to get him with us, but I know how much we are all looking forward to him being him and likewise him getting integrated in the group.”

Goalkeeping Coach Shwan Jalal said:

“I’m delighted to be able to welcome Vit to the club and I’m really looking forward to working with him. We became aware of Vit during his hugely successful loan spell in Ireland with St Patrick’s, where he was a vital part of their Irish FA Cup winning team.

“He then took this great form into his loan at Notts County in the second half of last season. He is an excellent distributor of the ball and defends the goal superbly. His ability was there for all to see at Edgeley Park that night in March, making some outstanding saves, and we’re confident he will continue to develop during his time with us.”[/article]

I can't think of the last time a player went on loan to the lower leagues and then became a big success from a prem team

Interesting he got to go to a higher level than Pitaluga

Leicester seems to be doing it right with loan moves/lower league signings (Maddison and Justin).

Harvey Barnes went to MK Dons in League 1 as a 19 year before loan moves to Barnsley and WBA in the Championship. Dewsbury-Hall's loan path was similar - Blackpool in League 1, then Luton in Championship.

https://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2022...n-which-is-best-for-developing-elite-players/
P5pX1VVIoeuDRAEzwwfvhuFbXVRRGiaEoOElgHgkfeZcLswTl38iaQiyopSG3bMg6PGOf7dPCzROsogmMGqfQO1I-UwjHhCkM6_lyho4z8h4MtOITYQR0cHep8JyTr_PlXeKUWsm

Anderson Arroyo unfortunately followed Allan and (to a certain extent) Awoniyi's footsteps, work permit wise.

I can't think of the last time a player went on loan to the lower leagues and then became a big success from a prem team

Harry Kane, Mason Mount, Reece James, Connor Gallagher, Tammy Abraham, Fiyako Tomori, Jack Harrison, maybe Eddie Nketiah?

The Swansea move didn't work out. Hopefully this one does. Ironically, after Critchley has left Blackpool.

[article]Blackpool Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Rhys Williams on a season-long loan from Liverpool.

The defender, 21, joins the Seasiders on the back of an impressive couple of years having made 19 appearances in all competitions for Liverpool during the 2020/21 campaign, including all six of the Reds’ Champions League group stage matches that season. :)eek:wow I didn't realize it's that many matches)

A powerful and commanding centre-half standing at six foot - five inches tall, Williams also has experience of Championship football, following a loan spell at Swansea City last season and has gained numerous caps for England across various youth-team levels.

On signing for Blackpool, Rhys Williams said:

“I’m so happy to be here and I want to show everyone what I can do this season.

“I think I’m aerially dominant because of my height, and I’m a vocal defender. I like to have the ball at my feet too, so hopefully I can play the way the gaffer wants us to play.

“I spoke to him before signing, and he was really complimentary and said only good things about the football club and the journey it’s going on. I want to be a part of that, and I’m really looking forward to getting started.”

Head Coach Michael Appleton said:

“Rhys is a physical and athletic defender who has come through Liverpool’s Academy to go on and represent their first-team, and we are thrilled that he has signed for Blackpool.

“He’s had a good amount of experience despite his young age, and he is someone that is going to add real quality to our squad this coming season.”[/article]

Hoping for 3rd time lucky after Clarkson's move didn't work out, even though Elliot's did. They have a new manger (Jon Dahl Tomasson) in place now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom