• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Let's get a grip here FFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not being all neggy, but we seem to have lost all momentum.
Since Jan 1st we
Lost to City
Lost to Wolves
Drew with Leicester
Drew with West Ham
We scraped a 1-0 against Brighton and beat palace by the skin of our teeth.

We have kept 1 clean sheet in that time vs Brighton
Weve scored 9 and conceeded 9

We won all 8 matches in December keeping 5 clean sheets.
We scored 23 goals and conceeded 3

If this form isnt alarming I dont know what is.

Yes we are still in the league and champions league races, but our form is god awful and the way we are going about things is haphazard at best.

We should have strengthened in January imho.

Would anyone not swap our position for Citys right now if they had our eskwad and us theirs?

They are far better equiped to kick on from here than we are.

Im still happy with where we sit, but 3 point gap or not, they are in the box seat.

We look tired and more worryingly we look disinterested. Yesterday only Mane and Robertson looked like they REALLY wanted it.

Attitudes need adjusting. Results are a by product of effort and application.

Its not meltdown time, but its a worry.

Agree with every word here.

The only positive I can remotely gleam, is last year around this time was when it all clicked

People need to get a grip crying over this jinx/negative stuff. It's just a joke.

Or is it?

Last edited:
I never believe that any Liverpool player is "disinterested" as a general rule. Are you saying that Milner has the wrong attitude or doesn't care?

I think maybe there's a belief issue, or nerves, or just being unable to change the course of a game - and that is a mental attitude, I suppose - but not caring? Nah.
I think he meant Clyne, not Millie.

Last week, after losing to Newcastle, people on Bluemoon were giving up on the league and saying to focus on the Champions League - it was quoted on here, and, oh,how we laughed at them.

Now people here are doing the same thing, only in their miserable dark world there isn't even the "focus on the CL" mantra to fall back on

Right now momentum is with City. If we fuck up against Bournemouth its all over IMO. Once CL games come again our lack of squad depth is going to fuck us up(unless we get knocked out against bayern).

Right now momentum is with City. If we fuck up against Bournemouth its all over IMO. Once CL games come again our lack of squad depth is going to fuck us up(unless we get knocked out against bayern).

Nah, nobody is looking that great right now. Not us, not City, not Spurs.

Nah, nobody is looking that great right now. Not us, not City, not Spurs.

Unfortunately for us, this is where City's giant squad helps. They have more people likely to provide moments of individual quality that will drag them forward without playing well.

tenor.gif

Look what you did! Poor Liam. He got a grip.

Unfortunately for us, this is where City's giant squad helps. They have more people likely to provide moments of individual quality that will drag them forward without playing well.

I don't think anyone would argue with that. It's fucking obvious. They have the resources and gigantic wage bill that affords top quality cover in most positions, and you only have to look at the respective benches over the last few weeks to see that clearly.

They can bring on proven match-winners like Jesus, Mahrez, Sane or Silva, who are ready to play at the very highest level and prove they deserve a starting place. They can rotate Gundogan, Stones, Delph, Otamendi in and out.

We've got Milner at rightback, Matip in defence, fucking Lallana starting games now, and Origi as our game-changing attacking sub.

It's amazing we're even top when you think about it. Although we won't be by 9pm tonight.

I don't think anyone would argue with that. It's fucking obvious. They have the resources and gigantic wage bill that affords top quality cover in most positions, and you only have to look at the respective benches over the last few weeks to see that clearly.

They can bring on proven match-winners like Jesus, Mahrez, Sane or Silva, who are ready to play at the very highest level and prove they deserve a starting place. They can rotate Gundogan, Stones, Delph, Otamendi in and out.

We've got Milner at rightback, Matip in defence, fucking Lallana starting games now, and Origi as our game-changing attacking sub.

It's amazing we're even top when you think about it. Although we won't be by 9pm tonight.

Yeah. I'm not even sure we'll ever be able to compete in that respect. Realistically with the owners we have we don't have the capacity to spend that much money. That's why when we do spend a lot it matters, and why Keita not playing well has much more of an impact.

Yeah. I'm not even sure we'll ever be able to compete in that respect. Realistically with the owners we have we don't have the capacity to spend that much money. That's why when we do spend a lot it matters, and why Keita not playing well has much more of an impact.

Yep, it essentially means we have zero margin for error.

If City had wasted £60m on Keita then it wouldn't matter, they've got plenty of cover and can just buy someone else. We can't afford that, and we're paying the price.

We need every signing to be at the level of Salah, Virgil and Robertson

It's not so much that, it's doing it in a small time frame, which is crucial to winning quickly. Our problem is we compete for a season, and then big players leave us having won nothing.

If we fuck up against Bournemouth it will be bad news, but to say it is "all over" is madness. At worst, we would be level on points with City on Saturday and 3 points behind with a game in hand on Sunday. Who, in that position in February, would give up on the league?

People have really short memories, it is only just over a week since City went to Newcastle, a relegation threatened side, and LOST the match, and yet all the talk is of us having momentum against us and caving it.

Put it this way - if Everton pull off a shock tonight and scrape a draw, we win against Bournemouth, and Chelsea draw on Sunday will people be saying its all over for City? Of course they won't, yet the eagerness of our own supporters to write off our chances, from a far superior position to that City would be in under those circumstances, is seemingly widespread..

If we fuck up against Bournemouth it will be bad news, but to say it is "all over" is madness. At worst, we would be level on points with City on Saturday and 3 points behind with a game in hand on Sunday. Who, in that position in February, would give up on the league?

People have really short memories, it is only just over a week since City went to Newcastle, a relegation threatened side, and LOST the match, and yet all the talk is of us having momentum against us and caving it.

Put it this way - if Everton pull off a shock tonight and scrape a draw, we win against Bournemouth, and Chelsea draw on Sunday will people be saying its all over for City? Of course they won't, yet the eagerness of our own supporters to write off our chances, from a far superior position to that City would be in under those circumstances, is seemingly widespread..

Quite a few fannies would do that obviously. Am I surprised? Nope, people doesn't have what it takes to be in a title race.

Last week, after losing to Newcastle, people on Bluemoon were giving up on the league and saying to focus on the Champions League - it was quoted on here, and, oh,how we laughed at them.

Now people here are doing the same thing, only in their miserable dark world there isn't even the "focus on the CL" mantra to fall back on

Thing is, had we won both games, I think City, in the back of their minds, would be thinking more about the CL.

We've given them a huge boost.

Thing is, had we won both games, I think City, in the back of their minds, would be thinking more about the CL.

We've given them a huge boost.

That's the big issue. We could have been 7 points clear, capitalised on their dreadful Newcastle result, and left them knowing that they simply could not afford to let a point slip. That's pressure. And also a nice cushion for us.

Now they just have to beat Everton and they're top again. This is why so many of us are despairing, we know what a blown title challenge looks and feels like.

No one is giving up on the league as there's still loads of points to go. i simply said the momentum is with city right now and we are struggling to get a draw these days let alone a win. With their squad you would have to make them favourites right now.

That's the big issue. We could have been 7 points clear, capitalised on their dreadful Newcastle result, and left them knowing that they simply could not afford to let a point slip. That's pressure. And also a nice cushion for us.

Now they just have to beat Everton and they're top again. This is why so many of us are despairing, we know what a blown title challenge looks and feels like.
Exactly. The leics game was MASSIVE in terms of momentum and the psychological edge and we blew it. If we had won that a few city players heads would have dropped and our team would be on a massive high.

Reactions: Ijg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom