• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Konate watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know lads. I wasn't as impressed. (first half)

For me he gave ASM far too much space in that first half, in 2 specific moments.

Their first goal where he let him pass the ball out wide and then failed to stop the cross.

And more concerning, when Thiago gave the ball away. Sure, he got back at him, but he left far too much space for ASM to shoot, and allowed him to cut in onto his strongest foot too. We were fortunate that Alli made a top save.

He can't be giving that sort of time and space to shoot, for the likes of Kane and Son. He did with Ronaldo at OT (when he over-covered) and the goal was chalked off for a tight offside.

I realise that it’s rather too early to pass judgement on a youngster but from what I’ve seen of both, Phillips is a better player.

He has Sakho tendancies, especially when it comes to ball control and passing.

Yes, he looks a bit unbalanced in a way.
I don't know how to explain it, like he has too much weight in his upper body, making him looks awkward in his leg movements.

I proper like him.

Absolute unit. Guaranteed to win all physical battles. He's no VVD on the ball, but we have been used to some very good ball playing CBs, which I think skews expectations slightly. He's no worse than average for a CB on the ball.

He's 22 and putting in performances far beyond his years. World class potential.

Yeah, tough game today, but he played well and won most of his duels. Reasons to be optimistic.

I thought he was great today. Especially when you consider who he was up against and how often our midfield let them attack them 1 on 1.

He’s already very good and physically dominant at 22 in a new league.

The sky’s the limit for this kid.

I think he's a better RCB than an LCB, but he's done well there so far in van Dijk's absence. He doesn't have the diagonal ball in his locker, which is kind of what we need from our LCB given how we attack with overloads down the right.

I really don't know what people are missing sometimes. He's got the lot (pace, power, strength, height, excellent passing, heading skills & technical ability) ... he just needs experience and a role model (VvD) to learn how and when to implement it. He's going to be a monster.

I think he's a better RCB than an LCB, but he's done well there so far in van Dijk's absence. He doesn't have the diagonal ball in his locker, which is kind of what we need from our LCB given how we attack with overloads down the right.
I think he does, though stand to be corrected.

That may be more to do with the fact that when he plays to the right of the two, the other one of the two is Virgil

FI0wn5rUUAEH4W6

I think he does, though stand to be corrected.

I certainly saw a number of them in the clips I watched before we signed him. It's easy to forget how young he actually is, and the fact that he hasn't had that long yet to get used to a new team, a new league and a new country. Not yet the finished article, perhaps, but overall I reckon he's shaping up well thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom