• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopp 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool Football Club are delighted to announce Jürgen Klopp has agreed a contract extension with the club.

The manager will extend his Reds tenure until 2024, ensuring he will remain at the helm for a further four-and-a-half years.
Assistant managers Peter Krawietz and Pepijn Lijnders have also agreed deals to continue working collaboratively alongside Klopp.
The deal comes after four hugely successful years in charge of Liverpool for the 52-year-old and will ensure the long-term foundations for the team’s – and indeed club’s – development will continue well into the next decade.
And Klopp has detailed his belief that the benefits for both parties of this agreement mean there is nowhere else in world football he’d want to manage.
The German said: “For me personally this is a statement of intent, one which is built on my knowledge of what we as a partnership have achieved so far and what is still there for us to achieve.
“When I see the development of the club and the collaborative work that continues to take place, I feel my contribution can only grow.
“People see what happens on the pitch as a measure of our progress and although it is the best measure, it’s not the only measure. I have seen the commitment from ownership through to every aspect and function of the club you can think of.
“When the call came in autumn 2015, I felt we were perfect for each other; if anything, now I feel I underestimated that. It is only with a total belief that the collaboration remains totally complementary on both sides that I am able to make this commitment to 2024.
“If I didn’t I would not be re-signing.
“This club is in such a good place, I couldn’t contemplate leaving.
“I must also highlight the role of our sporting director, Michael Edwards, in this journey so far. His input and collaboration has been just as important as anyone else’s in getting us into a position to compete for the game’s top titles.
“For anyone in football who aspires to compete in an environment where every element of the organisation is at its very best – from the support of the supporters to the vision of the owners – there can be no better place than this.”

Klopp was initially appointed as Liverpool manager on October 8, 2015.
He arrived after seven highly successful seasons in charge of Borussia Dortmund, during which time he steered them to two Bundesliga titles and a Champions League final, among other honours.
Prior to his stint with the Westfalenstadion club, Klopp was at the helm of FSV Mainz 05 and led them into the German top flight for the first time in their history in 2004, as well as into European competition one season later.
During his first campaign at Anfield, Liverpool reached the finals of both the League Cup and Europa League, the latter after a memorable run in the tournament, but narrowly lost on both occasions.
In 2016-17, Klopp navigated the Reds back into the Champions League for the first time since 2014, with a top-four finish secured with a final day victory over Middlesbrough at Anfield.
The club marked their return to Europe’s premier competition the following term by storming their way to the final in Kiev, though there was heartbreak after a 3-1 loss to Real Madrid in the Ukrainian capital.
Nevertheless, Klopp and Liverpool regrouped and, in 2018-19, the 52-year-old guided the club to their sixth European Cup as the Reds lifted the Champions League after a 2-0 win against Tottenham Hotspur on an unforgettable night in Madrid.
On the domestic front, the team produced a remarkable season in the Premier League, losing just one match and racking up a point tally of 97 – the best in the club’s history – narrowly missing out on the crown by a solitary point to Manchester City.
So far this season, Klopp has overseen Liverpool’s surge to the top of the Premier League, where they currently sit eight points clear after an astonishing 15 wins from their opening 16 matches.
The Reds’ defence of the Champions League remains ongoing following the 2-0 victory in Salzburg on Tuesday night, while the team will aim to add the FIFA Club World Cup to the UEFA Super Cup trophy they secured in August when they travel to the tournament in Qatar later this month.
And today’s news means Liverpool and Klopp’s journey together will continue into the next decade after he agreed a contract that will extend his Anfield story until 2024.

Klopp knows how he can become a true legend here , he clearly smells it in the air , he's already adored but a league title and then some and he's a God

Building Liverpool football club back into a global powerhouse and winning its first league title in 30 years , plus a European cup and who knows what else would be some hell of a legacy

first the minamino news.

then this.
[article]
Pep Guardiola's Man City 'break clause' that could see him leave in the summer

Mauricio Pochettino being eyed as replacement if Guardiola decides to quit at end of the season - although club are confident manager will stay
MAN CITY'S PEP GUARDIOLA NOT PRIORITISING CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DESPITE LIVERPOOL GAP

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola reportedly has a 'break clause' in his contract that could see him leave the club this summer.
Guardiola last year signed an extension to his contract, keeping him at City until 2021.

If he sees out the full contract he will have been at City for five seasons - longer than he stayed at either Barcelona or Bayern Munich .
However, when Guardiola extended his contract, the revised deal included an agreement that he could leave City at the end of this season, according to the Daily Mail .

The publication says he will able to quit without breaching his contract, as long certain stipulations that satisfy the club are met.​
0_Manchester-City-manager-Pep-Guardiola-arrives-before-the-match.jpg

Pep Guardiola last month said he was open to signing a new contract at City (Image: X01095)
City are confident Guardiola will stay for another season and see out his contract, despite the manager having shown signs of frustration recently as his defending champions have fallen 14 points behind Premier League leaders Liverpool .

However, the club are drawing up contingency plans in case of his departure, and are big admirers of Mauricio Pochettino, who was sacked as manager of Tottenham last month.

Guardiola, who last month said he was open to signing a new contract at City, is currently in his fourth season at the club.
After a trophyless first campaign, he led City to a silverware haul comprising seven out of eight of the domestic trophies available, including back-to-back titles and last season's unprecedented treble.​

0_Manchester-City-Teams-Celebration-Parade.jpg

Guardiola led City to an unprecedented domestic treble last season (Image: Man City/Getty)

While hopes of a third consecutive title appear to have gone, City still crave the Champions League triumph they believe Guardiola can deliver.

His side have qualified for the last 16 of this year's competition with ease as they wait to discover their next opponents in Monday's draw in Switzerland.
Guardiola spent four years managing Barcelona, where he won the Champions League twice and La Liga three times, also guiding the side to two Copa del Rey wins, two UEFA Super Cups and two Club World Cups.

He was then in charge of Bayern for three seasons, winning the Bundesliga title in each of those campaigns and again winning the UEFA Super Cup and the Club World Cup.​
[/article]

then BOOOM! Let's talk about six baby!

what a day.

Klopp knows how he can become a true legend here , he clearly smells it in the air , he's already adored but a league title and then some and he's a God

Building Liverpool football club back into a global powerhouse and winning its first league title in 30 years , plus a European cup and who knows what else would be some hell of a legacy

Clearly a smoke screen.
Mbappe wouldn’t agree to come unless Klopp signed a similar deal.

Unbelievable. Absolutely wonderful news for everyone supporting and associated with the club.

It should send RedCafe and BlueFume into substance abuse or depression - better send some counselors over there ASAP (OK maybe only RC)!

PS. I'd forgotten about Grand Old because they are hardly relevant.

No coincidence they announce after such shit political news and to lift the fans before a 1230 KO against rubbish. 10-0 incoming!

Incredible news

This aside, pretty sure Liverpool has a deal with the devil to let the Tories win in exchange for 19 and 20. I told my brother that this morning, his reply was 'yeah. It's disgusting' so make of it what you will.

Quite a few of our key players will be past their prime by 2022.
Perhaps it would have been difficult for Klopp to recruit replacements if he only had a short time left on his contract.
He should be in a position to pretty much rebuild the current team by 2024 and not leave us in a mess similar to Ferguson did with Man U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom