• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Keita - how does he fit in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Standing up more as well, that was one of his biggest failing s is that he tended to shirk out of challenges but and lose his balance but Ive noticed less of that in recent games. He is standing more with regard to challenges. He calls himself a defensive midfielder but he plays more like an attacking box to box midfielder, one that still needs to work on his defensive game. His attacking game? No question that is his best part of his game. Maybe with Fabinho being out he can get some game time and learn more about the defensive side.

His follow on runs in to the box add something that we have needed, and have lacked from many of our current CMs, he clearly is starting to link well with Salah as well which is only a good thing.

His follow on runs in to the box add something that we have needed, and have lacked from many of our current CMs, he clearly is starting to link well with Salah as well which is only a good thing.

Shaq can do that too but it’s a great weapon to have.

He has a fantastic habit of scoring goals, his late runs are another potent weapon in our arsenal. I hope that he continues to start for the foreseeable.

If it wasn't for Salah and Alisson, Keita would have been my pick for MOM.
Caused their midfield trouble during the entire game and made great runs in midfield. Well taken goal as well.
I think he's starting to show his worth. If he keeps it up, Klopp is going to have somewhat of a selection problem later when Fabs and Gini are back.

Same could be said of Keita.

Shaq didn’t do a bad job against Everton.

He did well against Everton. But I personally think they are different there. I have missed that our midfielders come on those runs though. It is good to see as we have quite a few players capable to release the ball in the right moment. That was my grunge against Lallana btw. He often used to drible when we had good movement around.

Caused their midfield trouble during the entire game and made great runs in midfield. Well taken goal as well.
I think he's starting to show his worth. If he keeps it up, Klopp is going to have somewhat of a selection problem later when Fabs and Gini are back.

To channel my inner @Ryan (God I miss that avatar), I adore that we don't have a "first eleven", mainly because the three midfielders can change easily and still be as good as the last, just for different objectives. I'm reading your post, and the first thing I'm thinking is I can't wait to see a Fabinho, Gini, Keita midfield, and I can't, but swap Ox for Keita, Henderson for Gini, heck even the Fabinho, Milner, Henderson midfield, they are all great in their own ways, it's a really really great place for us to be.

His runs were much more aggressive in Germany, more explosive (I got laughed at for saying expolosve pace, but I mean bursting into runs suddenly), we're seeing a more measured dribbling & mazy running style currently, I really hope he can inject a bit of that older style into it soon, cos he'll really cause defenders issues.

And Minamoto.

It's becoming crowded. Potentially more than one (Lallana) departure in the Summer perhaps?

Lallana is going to leave, he is just too injury prone, and if we are all honest, his body cannot hack Klopp style long term. We say Lovren has a 6 game sequence limit, i would say right now Lallana is limited to just 2 games.

He did well against Everton. But I personally think they are different there. I have missed that our midfielders come on those runs though. It is good to see as we have quite a few players capable to release the ball in the right moment. That was my grunge against Lallana btw. He often used to drible when we had good movement around.

Agreed, Lallana always has 2/3 too many touches in him when a quick pass is required. The flip side is he’s good on tight spots at finding space.

To channel my inner @Ryan (God I miss that avatar), I adore that we don't have a "first eleven", mainly because the three midfielders can change easily and still be as good as the last, just for different objectives. I'm reading your post, and the first thing I'm thinking is I can't wait to see a Fabinho, Gini, Keita midfield, and I can't, but swap Ox for Keita, Henderson for Gini, heck even the Fabinho, Milner, Henderson midfield, they are all great in their own ways, it's a really really great place for us to be.

Except we definitely do have a first 11.

Except we definitely do have a first 11.
Everytime, without fail.

135.png

His runs were much more aggressive in Germany, more explosive (I got laughed at for saying expolosve pace, but I mean bursting into runs suddenly), we're seeing a more measured dribbling & mazy running style currently, I really hope he can inject a bit of that older style into it soon, cos he'll really cause defenders issues.
We've seen a few good performances recently. Opposition has not been the strongest, and he has been unable to kick on from previous good moments. So - not getting too excited yet - but Naby has the potential to significantly improve us as a team, and for that I am really hoping that this time he stays fit and gains confidence.

Yeah I think he's coming to terms with the physicality. I suspect in Germany he had more space and time on and off the ball. In england you have to think a little quicker than he was used to.

I'm not bothered about his attacking game i it's his defensive game that needs work. Don't shirk those 50/50 tackles and maintaining individual rythym in a collective gengenpressing system.
We've seen a few good performances recently. Opposition has not been the strongest, and he has been unable to kick on from previous good moments. So - not getting too excited yet - but Naby has the potential to significantly improve us as a team, and for that I am really hoping that this time he stays fit and gains confidence.
I think he was one of our best players before his injury during the barca game, or am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom