• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Keepers

Status
Not open for further replies.
credit to him for coming out, it does take balls so credit to him for that.

Having said that he has to go.

We ain't going to sign 2 keepers, so unless Danny Ward suddenly falls into Jurgens plan, he'll be staying. Hopefully no better than number 2 though.
Mignolet will be allowed to leave, klopp is done with that saga. But not Karius.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Contrast that with the save Navas made from TAA with his chance - which he got hold of and wellied.

Not only did Navas stop it - he held it when a parry might have led to a certain goal.

That was a sensational save

He didn't even put much effort in for the second goal, for all it's brilliance from Bale. Watch the replies and he dives backwards but doesn't stretch an arm at all. He's not a particularly good shot stopper full stop. Only Pat, after one of the most ridiculous goalkeeping performances on the absolute highest stage, could label that farce a "good game". The lad is on another planet.

Ha I didn't say that Mark,I merely meant those two howlers aside he had a good game. As in it's not like everything he did was awful from start to finish.

Obviously after those two goals it will go down as the worst performance ever by a keeper in a CL final

Klopp should put him transfer list immediately. Sign new first choice keeper and Ward as a back up.
All this crying on twitter "oh please forgive me i haven't been able to sleep" bullshit and trying to make everyone pity him tells that he is mentally too weak to play in top level. Sure he fucked up but this begging for pity is embarrassing.

Klopp should put him transfer list immediately. Sign new first choice keeper and Ward as a back up.
All this crying on twitter "oh please forgive me i haven't been able to sleep" bullshit and trying to make everyone pity him tells that he is mentally too weak to play in top level. Sure he fucked up but this begging for pity is embarrassing.

Rubbish. It shows that he has the strength of character to acknowledge that he almost single-handedly cost us the European Cup. That's all.

Now, that doesn't mean that he's good enough for us, but he's not begging for pity - He's (rightfully) shouldering the blame, rather than hiding from it, like so many others would / do.

Shut up and fuck off.

Klopp hasn't even given Ward a sniff of ralgex on a Saturday afternoon, so he is unlikely to suddenly promote him to number 2. We need a new number 1, Karius will be number 2 moving forwards.

Klopp isn’t the type of manager to throw his players under the bus. I wouldn’t be surprised if he stuck with Karius. But he isn’t good enough. Not because of the errors on Saturday, he’s been ropey since day 1.

I can't see us paying more than £40m for a keeper, so that rules out most that have been mentioned. I think he'll pay £20-30 for a younger one to develop, possibly sticking with Karius for a little bit first.
By Christmas we need to have a new number one whos been bedded in.

Klopp hasn't even given Ward a sniff of ralgex on a Saturday afternoon, so he is unlikely to suddenly promote him to number 2. We need a new number 1, Karius will be number 2 moving forwards.

He did say that Ward was probably the best #3 in world football. I bet Ward was thrilled with that.

I can't see Karius staying as #2, not after all the chopping and changing since he arrived. It'll surely be a case of either Klopp persisting with him as first choice or dumping him altogether.

Karius will be number 1 next season with donnarumma/lafont/lunin as the backup.

As the season progresses he'll phase karius out, and we'll see more and more of the backup.

Is my guess

Last edited:
If Klopp wants to keep Karius, he'll sign a Butland type GK and they'll "compete" for the shirt. With Butland starting the season as number 1.

If he's gonna sack him off, Klopp will sign an Allison/Oblak/Courtois.

I'd love a good redemption story on Loris where he put in De Gea like performances, and everyone praised him next year for bouncing back. But he's made far too many basic mistakes this year (many of which went unpunished until the final), which means I can't see this happening. It's best he's moved on quietly.

Heard the other day donnarumma was being touted for 30-40mil. Burned a lot of bridges at Milan and the fans still hate him.

Lafont could be expensive too, but lunin shouldn't be as he's only had 1 decent season

Heard the other day donnarumma was being touted for 30-40mil. Burned a lot of bridges at Milan and the fans still hate him.

Lafont could be expensive too, but lunin shouldn't be as he's only had 1 decent season

As I said earlier, LaFont would be great, but he needs more time. We dont really have that

I'd rather not have a 20 year old in goal for us.

Especially after making 2 laughable mistakes in a cup final himself this year.

We need a man in nets. I'm not talking about age here. When I look at our new keeper I should be able to imagine him getting off a beaten up old fishing boat, salt in his stubble, hauling his catch ashore with hands like a pair of gnarly spider crabs. Our keepers all seem to look more like sociology undergraduates. No more.

We need a man in nets. I'm not talking about age here. When I look at our new keeper I should be able to imagine him getting off a beaten up old fishing boat, salt in his stubble, hauling his catch ashore with hands like a pair of gnarly spider crabs. Our keepers all seem to look more like sociology undergraduates. No more.

I think you're taking the "in nets" bit of the analogy too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom