• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

jonjo shelvey

Status
Not open for further replies.

peekay

Very Well-Known
Liverpool are set to win the race to sign Charlton starlet Jonjo Shelvey, skysports.com understands.

The 18-year-old midfielder has long been touted as one of the finest young prospects in England.

He has previously turned down Chelsea's overtures, whilst Tottenham, Arsenal and West Ham are also known to have been keen on securing his services.

However, skysports.com now understands that Liverpool have indeed won the battle for his services.

Despite the ongoing uncertainty at Anfield over boss Rafa Benitez and the club's owners, they have managed to seal a deal for Shelvey.

It is understood that the teenager will travel to Merseyside early next week to undergo a medical before completing a summer switch.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6116529,00.html

Isnt this kid really highly rated.

Shelvey will finish the season with Charlton, who he still hopes to guide back into the Championship.

in five years time liverpool will be ACE!!

the young liverpool stars will grace the new anfield ensuring the highest attendances in the championship

First Raheem Sterling, now Jonjo Shelvey. Which impressively named youth will we sign next?

he's looks like a slimmed down Dr Evil. Great on FM, so maybe a slight correlation. *fingers crossed*

Heh, well the situation would probably be helped if he had hair, but unfortunately the guy has alopecia.

I think he's being judged because of his physical resemblances to Stephen Ireland.

Though Bren is right that being called Jonjo does add weight to the idea he's a tinker.

He's been quite disappointing this season, I've seen him 4 or 5 times and he didn't play well in any of them. having said that, the whole Charlton team has been poor this season (god knows how they're still in with a chance of promotion) and their midfield has looked unbalanced so to ask a 17/18 year old to perform to his best in such a midfield is unfair. He is also probably suffering from 2nd season-itis as he broke into the team last season to great fanfare.

He has huge potential but I'd be more excited if we were linked with Conor Wickham (Ipswich) who is only 17 but already looks like he could be a huge star.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=39940.msg1093412#msg1093412 date=1272263802]
Heh, well the situation would probably be helped if he had hair, but unfortunately the guy has alopecia.
[/quote]

wouldn't he loose his eyebrows aswell, the picture I saw he had enough eyebrows to compensate for the no hair.

benjamin-buttoncopy.jpg

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=39940.msg1093678#msg1093678 date=1272318483]
Can someone buy him on FM please?
[/quote]

I did, and after 3 years he'd made one league cup appearance for me (sub)

[quote author=Stulikesdrums link=topic=39940.msg1093679#msg1093679 date=1272318534]
Good call Pesam, Wickham looks quality.
[/quote]

He's being linked with Utd, not unsurprisingly given Keane's links with Ferguson.

I like Shelvey. As Pesam's said, he's slipped a bit this year, but he's still a kid and a promising one at that.

Looks like missing out on the likes of Ramsey might have been a lesson learned.

Liverpool in Shelvey talks
Reds and Addicks also discussing strategic partnership
Last updated: 27th April 2010

Charlton have confirmed that they have given Liverpool permission to speak to teenage star Jonjo Shelvey ahead of a potential £1.7million move to Anfield.

Speculation has been linking the Premier League Reds with the 18-year-old attacking midfielder for a number of weeks and now the interest has become official.

England youth international Shelvey travelled to Liverpool on Tuesday to undergo a medical and discuss personal terms with the club's hierarchy.

A statement on Charlton's official website read: "Charlton have given Premier League side Liverpool permission to speak to 18-year-old midfielder Jonjo Shelvey about a transfer."

Future
As part of the potential transfer, the Addicks have also announced that the two clubs are in talks to develop a strategic partnership involving the development of players in both directions.

Liverpool, who have been placed up for sale by co-owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks amid unrest and financial difficulties, would pay an initial £1.7m and that figure could rise depending upon domestic and international appearances.

Shelvey became Charlton's youngest debutant when he made his maiden first-team appearance in April 2008, aged just 16 years and 59 days.

The teenager has made 48 appearances and scored eight times for the Addicks, including four goals this season.

Liverpool's move for Shelvey is undoubtedly an investment in the future, but it could also cast Alberto Aquilani's long-term career on Merseyside into further doubt.

He looks like one of the 'special' players they get quite late on in Escape to victory.

Does Stephen Ireland have a rival for footballs biggest Chav lookalike?

Johnjo looks quite the tinker.

*Looks forward to the glenjo & johnjo connection on the right".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom