• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jenas punditary

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Just wanted to check this out with you lot.

Jenas was a moderately competent CM for average EPL teams. I'm used to ex-stars,mostly ex-liverpool! This looks like another reflection on the lack of British players at the top of the game for the last 15 years.

Who should be the 35-40 year old wave to replace lineker, shearer, rat face and Carra

Jenas was a moderately competent CM for average EPL teams. I'm used to ex-stars,mostly ex-liverpool! This looks like another reflection on the lack of British players at the top of the game for the last 15 years.

Who should be the 35-40 year old wave to replace lineker, shearer, rat face and Carra

I was looking at some random guy on telly, looking rather odd and lacking any charisma. Eventually found out that was Leon Osman when they flashed his name, another extremely meh player.

At least Shelby Singh is off the telly but recently I have had to endure Riise as an ex-red doing weird segments. I thought he's rubbish, cocky and disinterested at the same time. Didn't he make enough in his time with us?

Shelby Singh is/was an abomination. Thank God they don't screen Star Sports here any more. But that girl in that trio of presenters was sooo hot. Forget her name, very slim and dyed her hair red.

I don't care if they were stars or simply mediocre players in their previous career, so long as they are making honest and astute commentary/discussion/remarks. I don't mind Jenas as all, he seems relatively unbiased and calls it right most of the time. Osman seems rather bland and innocuous.

Punditry does some strange things to some players. Danny Murphy, who used to seem quite a decent and thoughtful chap, now seems to be in a chronic foul mood and tetchily unimpressed by anything. Dean Saunders appears to have dreamed one day that he was a barrister, and, upon waking up, now attempts to structure all of his comments as if he's clutching his lapels in court by the witness box. Lee Dixon was well on the way to becoming the best analytical pundit before moving to ITV, where he's atrophied during all the commercial breaks. Then there's poor Robbie Fowler, who starts just about every sentence with 'If I'm being honest' before saying the blandest things imaginable.

The rising star for me is Chris Sutton - he's done his apprenticeship in radio, developed a refreshingly down to earth approach and has a sense of humour. He's the one pundit I've heard recently who doesn't either bore me or make want to smash their face in.

Jack Butland could become a decent pundit - he's smart, articulate and sensible. Oxlade-Chamberlain is someone who enjoys doing media stuff and will probably settle into that kind of job pretty easily one day.

Shelby Singh is/was an abomination. Thank God they don't screen Star Sports here any more. But that girl in that trio of presenters was sooo hot. Forget her name, very slim and dyed her hair red.

I don't care if they were stars or simply mediocre players in their previous career, so long as they are making honest and astute commentary/discussion/remarks. I don't mind Jenas as all, he seems relatively unbiased and calls it right most of the time. Osman seems rather bland and innocuous.

I rate Jenas as a pundit too. He comes across as willing and able to engage brain before opening mouth, which always helps.

Osman I find OK on the radio, though that may be partly due to the fact that so many others on there are goppingly awful.

I don't mind Jenas. I don't think it matters how good someone was if they have a good ability to assess performances and give interesting views.

Punditry does some strange things to some players....

I used to love John Barnes as a pundit, he was very astute and very articulate. So good was he that they gave him his own show. However, as soon as he had to work from a script, he seemed to go to pieces. In fact, so poor was he that we almost saw nothing of him ever again in any punditry capacity.

I'm just glad I've got this flawless iptv which shows you the match and at half and full time shows you the goals from the other games. No punditry, analysis, nothing

My fave footy show is that CL one BT do that goes round all the grounds. The presenters all seem utterly unarsed about football and just chill, objectively mentioning what's going on. The contrast with that bullshit sky do on a Saturday where every five minutes you'd hear Merson or LeTissier scream something desperate for the camera to pan to them is huge.

So anyways, yeah. Clare Balding

The Premier League channel over here aired some debate with different pundits.
Le Saux, Dowie, Townsend, Paul Parker.

It was difficult to tell if it was a contest about who was the shittest pundit or who wore the worst looking shirt.

I used to love John Barnes as a pundit, he was very astute and very articulate. So good was he that they gave him his own show. However, as soon as he had to work from a script, he seemed to go to pieces. In fact, so poor was he that we almost saw nothing of him ever again in any punditry capacity.

Digger should have pre-recorded his contributions so that they could have been played at half-speed during shows.

Shelby Singh is/was an abomination. Thank God they don't screen Star Sports here any more. But that girl in that trio of presenters was sooo hot. Forget her name, very slim and dyed her hair red..

Seema Jaiswal?

CMOVNbbUcAAwixX.jpg

I dunno. It seemed to be that a famous face was the main criterion - Hansen, Lineker, Shearer, Wright - but there's so many around it's hard to tell what makes for a decent pundit now. They're still usually split into over-excited comedy value (Merson, Kamara, Aldo, Savage) and the more considered, thoughtful "intellectual".

Jenas seems quite articulate and keen, so that's fine. There's also the more recent ex-pros like Murphy and that cunt Chris Sutton, who appear to have decided that being surly, negative and controversial is the way to get noticed, having learned and watched from the master Mark Lawrenson. Of course, the likes of Sutton and Murphy had to go two-footed into the punditry biz due to being declared bankrupt, so they need some kind of schtick.

Of course, the likes of Sutton and Murphy had to go two-footed into the punditry biz due to being declared bankrupt, so they need some kind of schtick.

Didn't realise Super Dan was bankrupt. Seem to remember he had a cracker of a wife and a big house.

It surprises me TBH. He always seemed to me to be one of the less "intellectually challenged" players and at one stage I thought he might go into management.

It surprises me TBH. He always seemed to me to be one of the less "intellectually challenged" players and at one stage I thought he might go into management.

What surprises you? Murphy's money issues? Intellect has little to do with it, I think it was the usual - some ill-advised investments wrapped up in tax problems.

What surprises you? Murphy's money issues? Intellect has little to do with it, I think it was the usual - some ill-advised investments wrapped up in tax problems.

Yeah, get that. I just thought he might be better equipped to avoid poor decisions, but maybe he left them to some "wealth manager" with other fish to fry.

Found her : Jamie Yeo. God she's 40 now and on her 3rd husband (English, as was her previous so maybe I've still got a chance if she suddenly decides she likes more 'mature' guys). Not your typical stunner per se but she has that allure and oozes sex appeal so has always held me enthralled and bewitched.

401462.jpg

5.jpg

It pains me to say it, but I think the best ex-player pundit is Gary Neville.

Despite his previously professed hatred of Scousers, when he is covering a Liverpool match, he is always scrupulously fair. His analysis is usually spot-on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom