• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Abdulkadir Omir link seems to be gathering momentum, seems like a very moneyball type of signing. Young talented reasonably priced (if the £27m part is true), has a massive potential upside and a fairly limited potential downside financially. Hed almost certainly not be ready for premier league football this season but I could see it happening as a long term Lallana replacement.

This Abdulkadir Omir link seems to be gathering momentum, seems like a very moneyball type of signing. Young talented reasonably priced (if the £27m part is true), has a massive potential upside and a fairly limited potential downside financially. Hed almost certainly not be ready for premier league football this season but I could see it happening as a long term Lallana replacement.

It was hard to get excited about him from his videos - looked very one footed, average pace, slight and weak.

Must have something about him though to warrant the excitement of all the fans (*) over there.

* Though I'll never forget the rapturous reception Darius Vassell got over in Turkey.

It was hard to get excited about him from his videos - looked very one footed, average pace, slight and weak.

Must have something about him though to warrant the excitement of all the fans (*) over there.

* Though I'll never forget the rapturous reception Darius Vassell got over in Turkey.
I thought he looked decent in the video

The way he runs and shoots is a bit Messi-esk.

Like Origi, Solanke etc...
When you are at the top, and when success is expected in a very short timeframe, these players rarely get the chance to develop and become successful at LFC.
It might even apply to more established signings too. I wonder if Keita will get into the groove or be sold prematurely for instance.

I think its becoming very important now that we have someone that Klopp trusts to start in place of one of Mane/Bobby/Mo. Shaq is clearly seen as one of the midfield 3 rather than a replacement for the front three. The trust in Studge doesn't seem to be there and we are now getting rid of all of our backups. Bringing in someone that every opposition has no idea about would be fantastic - the element of surprise could be very powerful.

Obviously no one of similar calibre to our front three is going to want for sit in our bench, so I'm guessing we either go for youth, someone versatile, or stick with Sturridge and Origi.

@moron You've expressed excitement at the thought of signing Nabil Fekir, and consternation at the prospect of signing a player who last year was thought to be valued at £70m-90m, in Timo Werner.
lMX1rzi.png

If the reports are right, we could get Timo Werner for around £50-£60m, we've got a good deal

We always think that but big clubs have big players sat on the bench. We need a couple of top class players to come in and provide competition.

Yeah, deffo this. There's not enough competition in attack and attacking midfield, even with Shaqiri's arrival.
It would be less of an issue if Keita wasn't doing fuck all, but anyway. Thankfully Fabinho seems to be getting to a good level, but our attacking options are well thin.

I'm also a little concerned about Clyne leaving, we're not exactly overflowing with defenders, given that Moreno and Lovren are getting games.

3e5483b5c8e90ecfbd35d6639d7530dd.jpg

Fucking helllll

He's certainly been encouraging the link with us:

Ryan Sessegnon has spoken of his love for Liverpool and growing up idolising Reds great Steven Gerrard.

Speaking on the third episode of BT Sport's What I Wore series, Sessegnon said:

"I remember watching videos of Gerrard number 17, there was one goal I remember that he scored against Everton at Goodison Park (in 2001/02).

"It was a screamer, a right-footed shot. That's why I remember this kit."

Asked if he had a favourite Liverpool kit, Sessegnon added: "Yeah, I did. It was this one (the 2008/09 kit). Where did I wear it? Near my house to play football.

"I always supported Liverpool so my dad bought me the Gerrard top, he was my favourite player."

@moron You've expressed excitement at the thought of signing Nabil Fekir, and consternation at the prospect of signing a player who last year was thought to be valued at £70m-90m, in Timo Werner.
lMX1rzi.png

If the reports are right, we could get Timo Werner for around £50-£60m, we've got a good deal
Thank you....but just remember one of them is sifferring depression coz we never signed him...I mean when he scored against Man City in the CL game...did you not think..'his knee looks fine to me...'

Thank you....but just remember one of them is sifferring depression coz we never signed him...I mean when he scored against Man City in the CL game...did you not think..'his knee looks fine to me...'

My question to you is why has he played so few minutes? He has not been injured this season
[xtable]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Season{/th}
{th}injury{/th}
{th}from{/th}
{th}until{/th}
{th}Days{/th}
{th}Games missed{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}17/18{/td}
{td}Bruised Knee{/td}
{td}Feb 26, 2018{/td}
{td}Apr 2, 2018{/td}
{td}35 days{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}16/17{/td}
{td}Knee Injury{/td}
{td}Aug 28, 2016{/td}
{td}Sep 20, 2016{/td}
{td}23 days{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}15/16{/td}
{td}Cruciate Ligament Rupture{/td}
{td}Sep 7, 2015{/td}
{td}Apr 7, 2016{/td}
{td}213 days{/td}
{td}39{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

My question to you is why has he played so few minutes? He has not been injured this season
[xtable=skin1]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Season{/th}
{th}injury{/th}
{th}from{/th}
{th}until{/th}
{th}Days{/th}
{th}Games missed{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}17/18{/td}
{td}Bruised Knee{/td}
{td}Feb 26, 2018{/td}
{td}Apr 2, 2018{/td}
{td}35 days{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}16/17{/td}
{td}Knee Injury{/td}
{td}Aug 28, 2016{/td}
{td}Sep 20, 2016{/td}
{td}23 days{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}15/16{/td}
{td}Cruciate Ligament Rupture{/td}
{td}Sep 7, 2015{/td}
{td}Apr 7, 2016{/td}
{td}213 days{/td}
{td}39{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
These figures are bad ... dont like this..but we need someone ... we are still short.

It bothers me we're still looking to sell or loan players even though one of the lessons of last season was our squad wasn't big enough or strong enough to ensure we finished well enough. We were down to the bare bones for some of the final few league games. This season is likely to be even more intense, and yet we're letting several players go. It's a bit crazy unless we do what we're supposedly not going to do and bring a couple in.

It bothers me we're still looking to sell or loan players even though one of the lessons of last season was our squad wasn't big enough or strong enough to ensure we finished well enough. We were down to the bare bones for some of the final few league games. This season is likely to be even more intense, and yet we're letting several players go. It's a bit crazy unless we do what we're supposedly not going to do and bring a couple in.

I see what you are saying. But neither Clyne or Solanke has featured at all this season. They seem way back on the priority list and I can't remember seeing their names among those on the bench either. We have a better Squad than last year and although it can be seen as a gamble on all staying more fit than last year I also assume that the run in will be either a fight for the PL only or with an additional bonus of a good CL run. Last season we were left With 11 guys for every game. This season we will have more legs to rotate, but looking at that it is a title fight and possible a CL run into the semis/finals I Guess they would have had limited chances to play anyway. I suspect that we would have stuck to 11 core players instead of Solanke in such games anyway.

What's up with Brewster, is he back soon?

Yes. I think the plan is to give him a couple of under 23 games this month just to let him build up fitness, then if he comes through those okay he'll be in the senior squad by the end of the month. But he's been in full training for a while now. They're just being ultra-cautious.

I Guess they would have had limited chances to play anyway.

Well that's sort of the point. Some players are needed even though they have limited chances to play. Those chances, though, can make a big difference during periods of major pressure when the squad is strained.

I heard Brewster wouldn't be in full training till March or something

As for Werner, I'd say his stats are more impressive because Germany has a stronger league than France

Well that's sort of the point. Some players are needed even though they have limited chances to play. Those chances, though, can make a big difference during periods of major pressure when the squad is strained.

Origi in the derby frexample

Indeed. Clyne's appearance against United this season was a perfect example of that. He's a quality full-back and only 27. Him being in the side wasn't ever going to make fans nervous.

It's harder to make a case for Solanke, but in both cases they wanted to move in order to play more football and that's sometimes a major factor in them being "allowed" to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom