• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jan Transfer Window (rumours, wishes, exists and formation change)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could I make a list on his behalf? @StevieM

Wait, what's that Bluebell? You want me to add Mbappe Frenkie De Bruyne Vinicius Pedri Martinez on that list as well???? Jheeeze my guy!

If Jude happens - you’re never allowed to make a list of players we should sign ever, ever again!!!

This is the way!!!
I'm not always wrong, I had Fabio carvalho on my list before months before he was connected with us and the same with Nunez. Nunes was close but the club preferred Melo

Could I make a list on his behalf? @StevieM

Wait, what's that Bluebell? You want me to add Mbappe Frenkie De Bruyne Vinicius Pedri Martinez on that list as well???? Jheeeze my guy!
Nope, just the Georgian (the one who plays for Napoli)
Mbappe - really big headed, stupid wages
Frenkie De Bruyne, who the fuck is he? If you mean Frankie de Jong, he is good but would want stupid salary
Vinicious Jnr - I'd chose him over Mbappe, A) he'd be cheaper, and b) he hasn't got French "Fuck You" attitude

That Georgian who plays for Napoli, I swear the whole wold is fucked up the way they keep raving on about him. When he played us at Anfield, he looked completely erratic, with a ponderous shot on him, which makes me think he is really one of those that will in the long term turn out to be a player that blows hot and cold.

If Jude happens - you’re never allowed to make a list of players we should sign ever, ever again!!!

This is the way!!!
thisis.jpg

Nope, just the Georgian (the one who plays for Napoli)
Mbappe - really big headed, stupid wages
Frenkie De Bruyne, who the fuck is he? If you mean Frankie de Jong, he is good but would want stupid salary
Vinicious Jnr - I'd chose him over Mbappe, A) he'd be cheaper, and b) he hasn't got French "Fuck You" attitude
Well sorry to break it to ya Bluebell but the best players usually will demand the big wages including Vinicious

Well sorry to break it to ya Bluebell but the best players usually will demand the big wages including Vinicious
You might want to Google what Vinicious is on, its nothing like what Mbappe is on. If you want to create a list of players you want, by all means do so.

You might want to Google what Vinicious is on, its nothing like what Mbappe is on. If you want to create a list of players you want, by all means do so.

You don't need a list for everything, especially to know that the best players command the biggest wages....this is common sense.

Mbappe is the highest paid player in world football and by some stretch......so to use him to compare what any other player gets is a bit of a cheap shot.

What makes you think he wouldn't want stupid money to leave Madrid but Frenkie would to leave Barca?

Last edited:
[article]
Liverpool 'firm talks' with £45m defender Jamie Carragher says will become a 'superstar'
Liverpool are known to be in the hunt for midfielders, but could their next signing actually be a defender?

SPORT
By
Richard GarnettSport Trends Writer
  • 08:30, 8 DEC 2022
1_GettyImages-1244856886.jpg

Antonio Silva in action for Portugal (Image: Octavio Passos/Getty Images)

Liverpool's anticipated January spending spree could start with a defender, according to reports.
The Reds have been tentatively linked with a move for highly-rated Benfica centre-back Antonio Silva. But Portuguese outlet A Bola is now claiming that Liverpool's interest is 'concrete' and that 'firm talks' will be held with the Eagles after the World Cup.
The 19-year-old is currently in Qatar with Portugal, making one appearance so far in the final group stage match against South Korea.

The teenager can count Jamie Carragher as a fan. The former Liverpool stalwart was keen to praise him after Benfica's 2-1 Champions League victory against Juventus last month.

Speaking on CBS Sports, Carragher said: “The first goal is from that young defender I have highlighted a couple of weeks ago. I told you all about him, and there he is, Antonio Silva. I mentioned his defensive prowess. But goalscoring there as well. He is going to be a superstar.”

Should the Reds press ahead and try to do a deal, they will hope that their good relationship with Benfica, which has already brought Darwin Nunez to Anfield, will give them the upper hand in negotiations. Nevertheless, Silva is expected to cost any interested party around £45m

[/article]

[article]
Report: Liverpool now preparing January move for 24-year-old who 'dreams' of playing at Anfield

6 hours ago

James Brooke
Liverpool are preparing a move to sign Sheffield United midfielder Sander Berge in the January transfer window.
That’s according to French outlet Jeunes Footeux. They claim that the Reds are ready to ‘go on the offensive’ for Berge during next month’s window.
The 24-year-old is said to be keen to leave the Blades to play Premier League football. To that end, Liverpool are reportedly not alone in their interest of the Norwegian.
Chelsea are also claimed to be in the running. Both the Blues and Liverpool are described as being ‘attentive’ to Berge’s situation for the past several months.
GettyImages-1430630027-scaled.jpg

Photo by George Wood/Getty Images
Jurgen Klopp is reportedly anticipating the exit of midfield duo Naby Keita and Arthur Melo in the summer. Chelsea meanwhile are expecting to lose Jorginho, N’Golo Kante and Denis Zakaria.
As a result, the two teams are said to be preparing to do battle for the mid-season arrival of Berge.

[/article]

[article]
Report: Liverpool now preparing January move for 24-year-old who 'dreams' of playing at Anfield

6 hours ago

James Brooke
Liverpool are preparing a move to sign Sheffield United midfielder Sander Berge in the January transfer window.
That’s according to French outlet Jeunes Footeux. They claim that the Reds are ready to ‘go on the offensive’ for Berge during next month’s window.
The 24-year-old is said to be keen to leave the Blades to play Premier League football. To that end, Liverpool are reportedly not alone in their interest of the Norwegian.
Chelsea are also claimed to be in the running. Both the Blues and Liverpool are described as being ‘attentive’ to Berge’s situation for the past several months.
GettyImages-1430630027-scaled.jpg

Photo by George Wood/Getty Images
Jurgen Klopp is reportedly anticipating the exit of midfield duo Naby Keita and Arthur Melo in the summer. Chelsea meanwhile are expecting to lose Jorginho, N’Golo Kante and Denis Zakaria.
As a result, the two teams are said to be preparing to do battle for the mid-season arrival of Berge.

[/article]

haha this is more like it

[article]

[/article]

Anticipating the EXIT of Arthur? I've been anticipating his arrival!

@King Binny

Load me up on Amrabat stats you genius Wizard you - show us whether he’s any good - and not WC stats!!!

Lead us into the light!!!

My understanding is he is playing with injections right ?, that can only mean one thing if he comes to us....he won't just be injured, he will turn up with an entire leg missing. Whoever we are likely to get in Jan, the priority MUST be fitness and ready to start along with the requisite talent. No more unfit or potential crooket players, bad injury records etc..

@King Binny

Load me up on Amrabat stats you genius Wizard you - show us whether he’s any good - and not WC stats!!!

Lead us into the light!!!

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find much detailed stats of him in English but it's fair to say that he has been making progression - snapped up back Fiorentina after just 1 season in Serie from Hellas Verona for €20m in 2020. Those who follow Italian football seems to rate him even before this WC.

https://understat.com/player/7927
https://one-versus-one.com/en/players/sofyan-amrabat

2022/23
a1.jpg
a2.jpg
a3.jpg
a4.jpg
a5.jpg
a6.jpg

"His level shouldn't be so surprising: Sofyan Amrabat is among the best midfielders in Serie A in specific passing (% + long passes) and defensive (Tackles/was dribbled + interceptions) metrics."

Dated 14 Feb 2020
https://www.violanation.com/special...las-notes-from-verona-transfer-crazy-faithful

[article]Viola Nation: Amrabat seems like a bustling presence in midfield. What’s his best quality? To whom would you compare him stylistically?

Richard Hough: Bustling doesn’t even come close to be honest! Bristling, dynamic, high-octane. But it’s not just his physicality that is so impressive. Technically he’s phenomenal too. Creative and intelligent, he reads the game incredibly well, sweeping things up in midfield before launching the next attack with an outrageous change of pace or direction. He rarely loses a challenge and hardly ever gives the ball away. More than any other player, he epitomizes Verona under Juric this season.

In terms of comparisons, a turbo-charged Gattuso comes to mind! He’s the kind of player fans love because he covers so much ground and plays with so much determination, skill and confidence.

VN: He hasn’t exactly been a factor on the scoresheet this year. Is that more of a feature than a bug, or has he just been unlucky?

RH: Yes, this is the one obvious deficiency in his game. He’s been such a central figure for Verona this season (both offensive and defensive), that it’s amazing that he hasn’t scored yet. In fact, with just one assist, you may well question his overall contribution. But those stats only paint a partial picture. If you take a step back, you will find a crucial Amrabat contribution in the buildup to many of our goals this season.

VN: From what we’ve gleaned, his time in the Netherlands and Belgium was pretty underwhelming. What’s clicked for him in Italy this year?

RH: It’s fair to say that he’s been a surprise package since arriving in the summer. There were some clues as to his quality (his elder brother has 64 caps for Morocco and he made his professional debut for Utrecht aged just 18), but, as you say, nothing particularly remarkable about his time in the Netherlands and Belgium.

Remember though that he’s only 23 and he’s already gained important experience (including in the Champions League with Feyenoord and Brugges). But for sure, something at Verona has just clicked for him.

As players, Amrabat and Juric have similar characteristics. Perhaps having someone on the same wavelength has helped him develop as a player? He also plays alongside the massively experienced Miguel Veloso and they have formed a formidable midfield partnership. As with so many others at Verona this season, Amrabat just seems to have found a place where he can express himself and play the best football of his life.

VN: What’s the feeling around the Mastini about his impending departure? €20 million is a lot of money; is the general feeling that the deal is in Hellas Verona’s favor, or are folks upset to lose him?

VN: With a pretty good holding midfielder in Erick Pulgar, an attacking dynamo in Gaetano Castrovilli, and a solid box-to-box presence in Alfred Duncan, whose place would you say is most under threat when Amrabat heads to Florence in June?

RH: That’s an interesting question, but I’m probably not best placed to comment on the qualities of Fiorentina players.

As far as Amrabat is concerned, I don’t see him as traditional deep sitting holding midfielder – he’s much more expansive than that, but with his poor goal scoring record, he’s clearly no ten. For me, he’s the kind of box-to-box midfielder that every teams wants, and I’ve was Alfred Duncan I’d be looking to consolidate my position before Amra arrives in the summer!
[/article]

Last edited:
I'd love for us to sign him because I'm a sucker, but shouldn't we be a bit careful about these world cup one hit wonders?

Last edited:
I'm not really sold. He's been heroic for Morocco in this WC, but I'd be wary of signing him on that basis.

For starters, he's 26, and you'd basically be getting him for one contract cycle. That's not the way to go given how we need to completely reconstruct our midfield.

That apart, I'm not particularly sure he's at the technical level required to play for us. Seems like a good junkyard dog type no. 6, but I can't see him playing either of the no. 8 positions.

I'm not really sold. He's been heroic for Morocco in this WC, but I'd be wary of signing him on that basis.

For starters, he's 26, and you'd basically be getting him for one contract cycle. That's not the way to go given how we need to completely reconstruct our midfield.

That apart, I'm not particularly sure he's at the technical level required to play for us. Seems like a good junkyard dog type no. 6, but I can't see him playing either of the no. 8 positions.

Our energy levels have been fucking shit recently so someone that can run his ass off in place of Henderson (his technical level would have to be as good as Hendo's minimum though) for a few years would be good.

His age is only an issue if the price is an issue. If they're wanting 45-50M+ then yeah, fine for the likes of City (see: Kalvin Phillips), not so much for us.

My concern is can he handle the pace of the PL. He looks excellent in international football where the game overall is much slower. Not sure if those skills transfer over to the PL.

Come on Dmish, technical ability?
Hendo is afraid of turning with the ball when he gets it. He does the classic Hendo pass back.

Amrbat however, does it for fun. Turns defence into attack all the time.

What worries me is if he will have the same fire in him when he's at LFC. I mean some just play better for their national teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom