• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

It's unreal, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
10 games in, and we're joint top.
It's incredible - a team that has already lost it's goalie for a few games, the best RB in the league for a few games, the best CB combo in the league for a season, the best DM for a few games, their captain for a few games, their big midfield purchase for a few games, and we're still top.
If it wasn't for bullshit VAR, we'd be up by 4 points already ...
It's going to be a tough season and if the 'injuries' & 'VAR' take their toll on all teams, we could very well have an even more impressive accomplishment than last year ...
An incredible testament to our manager and this team.
Make us dream again.

If we get through Christmas with no more injuries and still within a few points of the top it'll be a minor miracle. Reinforce the defence, jib the FA cup, and go for the league.

That said, I've previously stated that I'm a bit meh about this season. The refereeing/VAR is fucking abysmal and sapping the enjoyment out of it for me.

If we get through Christmas with no more injuries and still within a few points of the top it'll be a minor miracle. Reinforce the defence, jib the FA cup, and go for the league.

That said, I've previously stated that I'm a bit meh about this season. The refereeing/VAR is fucking abysmal and sapping the enjoyment out of it for me.

Yah, further injuries are probably the only thing that can prevent us from being in the top 4 come 2021 ... We are a very very good team.
I just hope we do reinforce the squad with minimum two signings - we need it, and it could be the difference between silverware or "what ifs".

I hear you re being "meh" on the season. I can empathize.

Agree, if we get through Christmas within 3 points of top spot I think we will go on and win it. For me the key period is the 4 games in 10 days weve got against Wolves, Fulham, Spurs and Palace. If we can take enough points from that we should have enough to get through til Jan when it gets a bit easier schedule wise.

Yah, further injuries are probably the only thing that can prevent us from being in the top 4 come 2021 ... We are a very very good team.
I just hope we do reinforce the squad with minimum two signings - we need it, and it could be the difference between silverware or "what ifs".

I hear you re being "meh" on the season. I can empathize.

I agree, but Jurgen/the Board won't spend in Jan, unfortunately.

Perhaps if RBL go out of the CL (and fall far behind Bayern in German league) and Upamecano was our number 1 target for next summer, anyway, we might offer 1 or 2m more for an earlier deal.

But, can't see us spending otherwise.

What would you say our data analysts predict is the likelihood of Matip playing 30 games between now and June without a spell out injured?

So much negativity on this forum however as LTW said we are joint top despite the injuries and scheduling.

It is clear that this season there are going to be far more upsets than usual (Leicester losing at home to Fulham last night another). And despite the pessimists wringing their hands and claiming the sky is falling ... we are still top and once we get a few players back that is only likely to be reinforced. Cream rises.

Whether that will convert into a PL win is too early to say. If City and United win their games in hand then there are 7 teams within 3 points of the top. However, cliched as we all know it sounds, it's a marathon, and we are very good at those, with or without transfer reinforcements (though preferably with a CB inbound - that said Phillips has been superb in the two games he's started, is he enough, will the club decide to rely on him).

VAR has been a massive pain but it's more the fact that I feel like I'm watching a random patched together Carling Cup team every week.

Carling Cup is okay for what it is... but not every week. You want to see your team at their best.

I agree with most here. Personally I think it's very frustrating watching us play at the moment, especially while knowing our potential and also knowing that we'd be fulfilling that potential if we weren't decimated by injuries.
Just like Hal said, it's all about surviving until the next transfer window and hopefully we already have someone lined up by then.

I'm not enjoying watching us, as were a patched up squad and our best players just don't seem tip top. There's only Jota, Robbo and Fab I'd say who've had a good season so far. Salah and mane just seem a little off kilter. Bobby has mostly been awful. The midfield hasn't been particularly great, same with the defence.

I'm not enjoying watching us, as were a patched up squad and our best players just don't seem tip top. There's only Jota, Robbo and Fab I'd say who've had a good season so far. Salah and mane just seem a little off kilter. Bobby has mostly been awful. The midfield hasn't been particularly great, same with the defence.
Actually I think our list of performers is much longer than that !

Looking through the squad, even if they are starting to show signs of fatigue :

Good to very good:
Becker, Robbo, Matip (when playing), Fabs, Hendo, Gini (bar a couple that we can put down to tiredness) Milner, Mane, Jota and Salah, who has a league leading 20 big chances created (ahead of Grealish, De Bruyne etc.) and has 8 PL goals (jt 3rd with Vardy whose goals are mostly penalties) and 10 goals 2 assists overall.

Jones, Shaq, Thiago, Phillips, Rhys and Keita also did well in the very few games played.

Maybe questions against TAA (hit and miss but mostly good).

Could do a lot better:
Minamino, Tsimkas, Origi, Neco & Bobby for sure have been having issues.

TBH I think the generally very good performances from numerous players is why we're joint top (and leading our CL group), although the team is now being held together with safety pins and cellotape our top players are making the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom