• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

It's Gonna Be a Blue Christmas... Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-everton-fans-delayed-after-21026372
Liverpool and Everton fans delayed after naked man 'puts testicles on car bonnet'
An eye-witness claimed drivers were beeping as the man "put his parts on the bonnet of the car" in Tuebrook, ahead of Liverpool's Premier League clash with rivals Everton

Should have been in the pre-match thread but I've only just seen it.
In fairness @Woland did tell us he didn't have a ticket, so he had to get his kicks by other means

Excellent reading as usual. That final picture of Divock spraying his yuletide joy is no where near as messed up as the Belgian / Dutch Zwarte Piet tradition alongside Sinterklaas.
Haha yea Im hoping all the Belgian Liverpool fans are not blacking up in celebration today.

We've already had one black dude in my work getting angry (understandably) about zwarte piet

79254191_1280453052126332_680139055215673344_n.jpg

Adrian 7 - Not at fault for either goal, held the crosses he needed to and looked assured and confident.

AA 7 - What a mixed game; I give him 10/10 for his attacking play and 5/10 for his defending, he gave Bernard all the time and space in the world for their 2nd goal.

Lovren 7 - Could have done better with their first goal but he won loads of important tackles/headers all night and played a superb long ball to set Origi up for our 3rd goal.

VVD 7 - Not at his imperious best but decent enough.

Robertson 8 - Was in their faces all night, a constant thorn in their side and defended well.

Gini 8 - The goal topped off a very good performance, I don't remember him losing the ball once.

Lallana 7 - Would love to see his stats because he covered an amazing amount of ground, was constantly involved.

Milner 6 - Beginning to worry a bit about him tbh, he seems a bit off the pace in recent outings.

Shaq 7 - Looks to be trimmer and more energised than previously, well taken goal, always provided an option to the man with the ball and played thing simple (which he hasn't always done) when there was no obvious killer pass to be made.

Divock 9 - Not much to say really but on this form he's gonna be difficult to drop. His 2 goals were pure art.

Mané 9 - Unplayable!

Just a quick bit of love for Robbo - I fucking love the guy. He's a right little shit stirrer isn't he?. Niggles, swipes, pinches and digs. I mean that is such a small part of his game but one I absolutely love seeing. I bet if it all kicked off in a melee he would be right in the thick of it gurning like a loon and loving it.

Last edited:
This is how we should be wining games, most of our goals coming from free flowing play with the odd set piece here and there...
Over all the Subs (Lallana, Origi,Shaqiri) played very well, felt we should have let them have the full 90 mins.
They Linked well together and with the rest of the team
Could have and should have had a few more goals. In the end I thought the score line flattered Everton a bit

CBs do the least running in the team. I expect them to play every game throughout this run of games. Maybe get a rest in the WCC Semi.

Robbo, Mane and Trent are the next 3. But I don't think we can not start both FBs in the same game.

Away to Bournemouth, we need Robbo more than Trent, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Gomez/Milner start at RB.

Following weekend, home to Watford, we need Trent's creativity. Robbo can be rested there.

Lovren has a terrible fitness record. If he plays all the games in December he’ll be walking a very fine tight rope on the injury front.

VVD hasn’t had a rest in ages and is looking a little jaded for it.

Can't stop watching the highlights of yesterday's game. Another thing about the ref last night. Did Dean even use VAR? He was like "fuck that" it's the Merseyside derby shouldn't be "tarnished" by VAR.
I mean there were several situations where they could have used VAR but one of the least talked about situations was the last goal. Considering how refs have been using VAR this season surely they would have checked if Firmino was offside initially when he received the ball from Gomez.

Looking at it objectively, even as an avid Tranmere fan, Dean surely want the title to come to his city?

A whole lot of decisions went our way...lol.

Edit: not confirmed, but apparently his two sons are season ticket holders. Lol again.

Last edited:
What is really pleasing is the team can score from open play. Against Brighton with tight defense, from set pieces.

Can't stop watching the highlights of yesterday's game. Another thing about the ref last night. Did Dean even use VAR? He was like "fuck that" it's the Merseyside derby shouldn't be "tarnished" by VAR.
I mean there were several situations where they could have used VAR but one of the least talked about situations was the last goal. Considering how refs have been using VAR this season surely they would have checked if Firmino was offside initially when he received the ball from Gomez.

Looking at it objectively, even as an avid Tranmere fan, Dean surely want the title to come to his city?

A whole lot of decisions went our way...lol.

Edit: not confirmed, but apparently his two sons are season ticket holders. Lol again.

Hush man!! Bluefume is watching!! Don't give it away!

So after Brendan said he likes more ratings I’ll add mine so you can appreciate his even more

Adrian - 7 considering he had to come in rusty and it was a derby he gets a 7. Couldn’t stop the goals and did well in everything else. He’s quickly getting into the cult hero status especially if we go onto to win the league

TAA - 8 what else is there to say about this lad? Sublime passes, great running, some local nastiness thrown in for the fans, an assist and all round high energy. -1 for the second goal.

Lovren - 6 he’s so frustrating, he does things I love and is a real everything on the line last ditch defender in the Henchoz mould. However his mistakes are magnified as they often lead to goals. Poor body shape for both goals. His long ball was great but any decent CB should have dealt with it and not many strikers could have finished like Origi.

VVD - 7 not a lot to do but got caught badly twice and once should have led to a penalty to make it 2-2. Could have had a pen of his own at the other end.

Robertson - 7 another who added a bit of bite to the fixture. My only concern is he’ll get caught out for it eventually when Refs and VAR catch on. It’s ok to have a bit of Ramos in you but Ramos has been sent off 1000 times.

Gini - 8 another very impressive display capped with a tidy goal. Our midfield was by passed a lot in the first half but he controlled the second half really well.

Lallana - 6 not as effective as the others given a chance but worked hard and did release Mane early for the first goal. A decent option which is step up from where he was.

Milner -6 his industrious self without setting the world alight but he was part of a team that smashed the bitters 5-2

Shaq - 7 superb movement for his goal and his energy, all round movement and strength brought a liveliness we haven’t had in the middle even with Ox. Great to have him back.

Mane - 9.9 saw stats today that showed this was as close to perfection as it gets.
Shots 3 =1st
Chances created 2 =1st
Assists 2 1st
Touches in opps box 10 1st
Dribbles attempted 6 1st
Dribbles completes 4 1st
Sprints 19 1st
Duels 18 =1st
Fouls won 3 =2nd

He’s become my fav ever player and with displays like this is easy to see why. MERRY FUCKING XMAS EVERTON indeed!

Origi - 9 flawless first 45 from the big man. Back to where he was pre injury to this mob. If he keeps this form up he’ll be knocking on the door. First goal was well taken the second was as good as you’ll see anywhere. But it wasn’t just that his all round game was amazing and his strength could be a real asset on days where Firmino struggles.

Klopp - 10 huge gamble that paid off. Rested key players, gave big players a chance in a big game. Got confidence sky high coming into a defining period in the title race. Delighted the red half of Liverpool while giving the blues to the bitters again. Got another another manager sacked and is basically on track to get a statue built and sit along side Bob and Bill.

Comment on the VvD penalty call.

I believe it was on ESPN I saw Foy (ex -PL ref) state it wasn't a penalty and he wouldn't have given it either (both panelists agreed with him on slow motion review - which showed VvD's foot didn't come into contact with CL though his shin did). Basically he said contact is permitted and he didn't feel it was over the top so he would be firm on No Penalty.

Comment on the VvD penalty call.

I believe it was on ESPN I saw Foy (ex -PL ref) state it wasn't a penalty and he wouldn't have given it either (both panelists agreed with him on slow motion review - which showed VvD's foot didn't come into contact with CL though his shin did). Basically he said contact is permitted and he didn't feel it was over the top so he would be firm on No Penalty.

Nah not having that. He leaned into him, put his foot in and didn’t get near the ball. Penalty all day long. We got very lucky.

Also a comment on Origi 's first goal : note his starting position when Mane made the pass. He was probably no more than 6-7m ahead of Mane to his right ! It was an incredible pass but also a brilliant run started from way in front of the defenders.

Nah not having that. He leaned into him, put his foot in and didn’t get near the ball. Penalty all day long. We got very lucky.
Yeah that's your opinion. However refs are clear on it and former players are split so it comes down to interpretation. And no he didn't lean on him - he was behind him and first contact was VvDs shin.

Around 5:40 on this video. Chris Foy.

Last edited:
Yeah that's your opinion. However refs are clear on it and former players are split so it comes down to interpretation. And no he didn't lean on him - he was behind him and first contact was VvDs shin.

Exactly players are split so it could easily have been given. And then there’s the incident where he shouted at Keen the end as he shot. Should have been a yellow and free kick.

Exactly players are split so it could easily have been given. And then there’s the incident where he shouted at Keen the end as he shot. Should have been a yellow and free kick.
Players are split because, as many fans always seem to claim, there was contact. However if the referees deem the contract wasn't sufficient to call a foul then the contract is irrelevant.

It’s wasn’t a pen. Otherwise we’d pull all contact from the game. He shit himself fucked up his shot and went down.

Some on here are making out Virgil swipes his leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom