• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

It’s goin’ down, I’m yelling timber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van der meyde and sneijder… are they more reliable than you’d imagine?

I'm not sure about this...
The sources or Timber?

Never knew Wesley and Meije were even sources until few hours ago, I’m gonna go sleep now and if he’s not signed in the morning then I’m making a mental note never to listen to either of them again.

The sources or Timber?

Never knew Wesley and Meije were even sources until few hours ago, I’m gonna go sleep now and if he’s not signed in the morning then I’m making a mental note never to listen to either of them again.
No, his height.

And btw Timber is an exceptional young player with a lot of experience under his belt, saw him at the world cup playing rcb of a 3 and looked so composed and mature.

Can play RB CB or DM as well. Only weakness he has is lack of aerial ability.

This potential signing is so weird. No talk, no rumours, no excitement at all. so the kid send his gf over house hunting, and gets his mates to generate some hype.

And btw Timber is an exceptional young player with a lot of experience under his belt, saw him at the world cup playing rcb of a 3 and looked so composed and mature.

Can play RB CB or DM as well. Only weakness he has is lack of aerial ability.

Martinez has done reasonably well at Utd despite being Hobbit sized.

That flexibility might be the key - I wonder if he might be earmarked to play as a DM rotating with Fabs, better cover at RB for Trent than Ramsey and the option of slotting in at a RCB if we did go more rigid 3 at the back.

He’d be like a young Milner able to slot in just about anywhere - although that usually means he doesn’t excel at any one position.

Martinez has done reasonably well at Utd despite being Hobbit sized.

That flexibility might be the key - I wonder if he might be earmarked to play as a DM rotating with Fabs, better cover at RB for Trent than Ramsey and the option of slotting in at a RCB if we did go more rigid 3 at the back.

He’d be like a young Milner able to slot in just about anywhere - although that usually means he doesn’t excel at any one position.
When @rurikbird first mentioned him a few weeks back I replied by asking, "why isn't he playing in MF?"
He drifts to the centre so often.

His contract apparently ends in 2025. Ajax are 3rd, 5 pts behind PSV with 2 games left so will probably miss out on CL qualification, thus chances of them letting him leave will be higher?

If Matip leaves, it'd be nice to have a new ball-carrying defender to replace him. Timber looks fantastic on the ball, and he has pace.

I don't think he can ever play in a 2-man CB at 5'10, but if we're going ahead with this hybrid system with 3 at the back, he'd do quite well at either RCB or LCB.

It seems to me that we're not really targeting an out and out DM, but will try to recruit two all-round midfielders and one pacy, aggressive CB to cover behind.

This only works if we trust that Fabinho will be good enough at that DM position in a double-pivot system.

It's a gamble because the days of single-pivot Fabinho are certainly gone, if we've learnt anything this season.

If Matip leaves, it'd be nice to have a new ball-carrying defender to replace him. Timber looks fantastic on the ball, and he has pace.

I don't think he can ever play in a 2-man CB at 5'10, but if we're going ahead with this hybrid system with 3 at the back, he'd do quite well at either RCB or LCB.

It seems to me that we're not really targeting an out and out DM, but will try to recruit two all-round midfielders and one pacy, aggressive CB to cover behind.

This only works if we trust that Fabinho will be good enough at that DM position in a double-pivot system.

It's a gamble because the days of single-pivot Fabinho are certainly gone, if we've learnt anything this season.

You mean double-pivot next to Trent, right? I still cannot decide if the current Trent+Fabinho pairing works. To be fair, against Leicester Fabinho produced probably his best performance of the season – maybe he's starting to get used to playing in this new system.

A big advantage of Timber is that since he plays at RB we can always go back to 433, even (or especially) if Trent is down

Yeah, he's clearly great on the ball, but a) I don't want my CB's doing Cruyff turns when if they get hijacked on the ball it's gifting a great chance to the oppo and b) in the world of CBs, a good big'un is definitely better than a good little'un.

So me too. CB in an absolute crisis, but otherwise DM or RB when needed.

Klopp really likes players that can play everywhere. Seems to be a big criterion for us.

It does makes sense. We're never going to afford 2 top class players in every position. So having top class players that can play in 2 or more positions is the only way we can compete with City

His contract apparently ends in 2025. Ajax are 3rd, 5 pts behind PSV with 2 games left so will probably miss out on CL qualification, thus chances of them letting him leave will be higher?
You’d like to think so but Ajax are pretty much known as a selling club anyway…they’ll sell for the right price.

We are known for signing a player or 2 off the back of playing them in the CL so wouldn’t surprise me if we were interested, fits the mould in terms of age but also with experience, value and versatility.

Timber, Grav and Macallister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom