• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is this journo for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Journo is trying to get his stock up, and it's worked. I'm pretty sure this guy more than likely supports a rival team, Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal.
There is loads of Africans telling him he is chasing his 15m of fame

Last edited:
I'm British-born/bred Ghanain the AFCON is a little tournament, do I have to apologize as well?

I think this is the problem with modern society we lack the emotional intelligence to the extent that comments get taken literally without taking into regard 'how' someone said it or the context. Clearly, Klopp has a lot of respect for African players otherwise he wouldn't have signed 4 of them (Matip, Mane, Salah and Keita) which is nearly half of his first-team!!

This journo is trying to create outrage, when Trump called Africa a "shit-hole continent", that's the time for outrage this journo just lacks emotional intelligence to know this is widely different.

I think what Klopp meant is that the AFCON is not on the same level as the Euro or Word Cup...sure it means a lot to many Africans but most of the world people will find out the winners in a newspaper or only know its on because they'll see the likes of Minamino and Origi and Jota leading the line for Liverpool in January and wonder where Mane and Salah are... I might watch a game or two but I really couldn't care about the competition, to be honest, especially its affecting my 'Liverpool Country'.

Klopp didn't even mean it that anyway. He was pointing out that another journalist forgot about AFCON. It's a common English phrase when somebody forgets something important to say "you forgot the little matter of".

I’m surprised a German speaking his second language understands this common phrase in the English language and others do not.

Why the fuck didn’t any other journo explain it to him or someone from the club.

Amazingly, this storm in a teacup seems to be continuing... Apparently Klopp is a racist now.

Bringing Klopp’s record into it now, never gone win that and just leaves his own record open, how many AFCONs has he won despite been Senegal manager since 2015, fuck all.

Last edited:

Amazingly, this storm in a teacup seems to be continuing... Apparently Klopp is a racist now.

Cisse has made a that of himself there. Salah, Mane and Matip were all there when we lost to Real Madrid. It was Fabinho and Allison that were brought in to win the CL. So by his own logic Klopp owes his career to Brazil.

I can't believe this is still going on. I thought it was the yanks that didn't get sarcasm and irony. Add Africans to the list

This cunt of a journalist has caused so much furor over nothing.
It's really quite embarrassing.
Various threads on FB have popped up from various African sites, and half are slamming the article as garbage and defending Klopp, the the other half are slamming Klopp as rude/belittling at best, or racist at worst.
It's insane.
This journalist, and whoever he works for, should be barred from all Liverpool events going forward until an apology is issued.
It's just pathetic

Aren’t the questions vetted before being asked? If so, whoever allowed that question needs reprimanding.

It's not the journalist's fault. Klopp referred to Africa, and the word tiny was insulting to them. That fits our own definition of racism like a god damn glove. It's not the journalist's fault we were too stupid to forsee the consequence of that definition. In fact the criticism of the journalist is bordering on the old definition of racism.

We apologised to Evra. We should apologise to this guy too. Simple. The FA should probably ban Klopp too.

Journo is trying to get his stock up, and it's worked. I'm pretty sure this guy more than likely supports a rival team, Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal.
There is loads of Africans telling him he is chasing his 15m of fame
This is exactly it.

As an African myself, I can tell you he knows EXACTLY what he's doing. He understood the sarcastic nature of Klopp's response, but he saw an opportunity for fake outrage and to make a name for himself.

Cisse on the other hand is probably an idiot who read the headline: Klopp says Afcon is a "little tournament" and is responding to a misleading journalist's question, who probably asked him:

"What do you think about Jurgen Klopp calling the Afcon a "little unimportant tournament"?

That's how these things usually work.

This is exactly it.

As an African myself, I can tell you he knows EXACTLY what he's doing. He understood the sarcastic nature of Klopp's response, but he saw an opportunity for fake outrage and to make a name for himself.

Cisse on the other hand is probably an idiot who read the headline: Klopp says Afcon is a "little tournament" and is responding to a misleading journalist's question, who probably asked him:

"What do you think about Jurgen Klopp calling the Afcon a "little unimportant tournament"?

That's how these things usually work.
As a 'little' 5 ft 5 African man, I approve this comment.

I was just listening to some Christmas music and realized the song “Have Yourself a Merry LITTLE Christmas” is offensive to all who celebrate Christmas anywhere. I can’t believe no one noticed this highly insulting message in over 70 years since this song has been written. We need Mr. Babatunde on the case immediately!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom