• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Are we spending 150m on Bellingham?

Status
Not open for further replies.
His price tag is increasing with every match

FgQCTGXWQAUytD2

FgP6p9VXwAEUF5e

Don't think there's any way of signing the sort of quality midfielders we need without spending 75m odd at least on each player. That just seems to be the going rate. Unless we go for someone injury prone and/or old

Don't think there's any way of signing the sort of quality midfielders we need without spending 75m odd at least on each player. That just seems to be the going rate. Unless we go for someone injury prone and/or old
Or we could simply cut out the middleman.

Without releasing or selling players, we cannot get new players.

Milner, Firmino, Adrian, Ox and Keita are out of contract this summer. Firmino might get an extension but I can't see any of the others, that would be 4 squad places up for grabs. Jokes probably takes 1 of the home grown slots vacated by Milner and Ox.

Getting Tielemanns on a free would take Nabys position on the cheap.

yea i was going to say all Keita has to do is have 4 decent games in the remainder of the season and we’ll throw our knickers at him… unfortunately

I reckon if this site collectively throws their knickers at Keita - he’ll run as far away and as fast as he’s ever run in his entire life.

Milner, Firmino, Adrian, Ox and Keita are out of contract this summer. Firmino might get an extension but I can't see any of the others, that would be 4 squad places up for grabs. Jokes probably takes 1 of the home grown slots vacated by Milner and Ox.

Getting Tielemanns on a free would take Nabys position on the cheap.
Forget summer, we need to save this season and come 4th at least. I am talking about Jan

I dont think Jude is that midfielder. But I have no clue who would be that midfielder however

I don't think any one MF will be enough, but I don't know how we fetch enough quantity as well as quality in under our current financial parameters. This is what makes the stuff which City spout about "more expensive players in the Liverpool squad" such utter bullsh!t. They're forever buying players as squaddies that any other club, ourselves included, could only consider for top line status.

after city signed grealish as a squaddie for 100 mill, they can forever keep their trap shut

Ramsey as Hendo's heir
Tielemans to take over from Thiago, who can only play now and again when we don't need too much help for Fabs
Bajetic is the cover for Fabs in the mid term

after city signed grealish as a squaddie for 100 mill, they can forever keep their trap shut

They’ll sell him for £60m in a few seasons to Newcastle off Chelsea and their fans will herald how good at balancing the books they are.

You see, there are other options out there. It’s not Bellingham or bust.
I believe make a creditable bid for Bellingham is more about showing our intent in the market. Showing that we are long term contenders for Titles and Trophies rather than just being there for four season then it's back to top four contenders

We really shouldve sold Keita after the end of last season. Keita reminds me more of a worse version of thaigo type rather than Fabinho... Keita not particularly tall, he gets bullied off the be ball... His attacking stats are decent though but we need more Fabinhos at the moment. Can we copy and paste him?

We really shouldve sold Keita after the end of last season. Keita reminds me more of a worse version of thaigo type rather than Fabinho... Keita not particularly tall, he gets bullied off the be ball... His attacking stats are decent though but we need more Fabinhos at the moment. Can we copy and paste him?
Jan, is when we need to buy, with Melo, Ox and Naby not moving, the options we have left are deregister Spearing and Adrian. I don't think Klopp would deregister Naby and Ox

If money wasn't a problem, I'd spend everything on Jude and Rice. That'd be our central midfield for the next 10 years.

I don't think any midfielder is handling Klopp ball for 10 years. Four to five years max and they will be playing like 60 year olds.

Aye, and for Nunez type money to boot.

That would still be about half the fee for Bellingham. Reality is if we want to go out and get top quality midfielders who can go straight into the team we will need to pay big transfer fees. It's all well and good signing long term projects like Carvahlo or Bajcetic but we don't have the 2 or 3 years it takes to develop those guys into first teamers. If we were taking that approach we needed to do it 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom