• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

I'm Lovren it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Cool, I guess? Kinda hard to be happy after he single handily cost us three points against Palace.

He's good enough to be in a decent pairing, but he needs top quality next to him. Having said all that tho, i would love a brand new cb pairing. Ain't gonna happen tho. It'll be him, AN Other and matip, with Gomez coming through.

He's good enough to be 3rd choice. But 100k is to much.
The problem is I'm guessing that we trippled his wages when we signed him from Soton, so any increase now would see him reach those sorts of wages.

I'd rather spend 50m on Van Dijk.

We've had Lovren for three seasons now and he's shown he us he is wildly inconsistent and is now so injury prone that its pretty much guaranteed that he is incapable of playing a full season.

I must be close to getting a contract from Klopp at this point.

We need depth in the Squad, and Lovren will play lots of games NeXT season. He can surely improve, but "not good enough" is not the accurate answer. He has played well in majority of games, won us that game against Borussia, clearly has shown he is willing to be part of this (or else Klopp wouldn't allowed this to happen) and he will be useful the next few Seasons.

We'll get him as well, it's going to be a hard summer for you I fear!

We probably will.

I'll just wait until the middle of next season when we're leaking goals and our centre backs are either shite or injured and quote my post in this thread to remind you how silly you were to think this was a good idea.

We need depth in the Squad, and Lovren will play lots of games NeXT season. He can surely improve, but "not good enough" is not the accurate answer. He has played well in majority of games, won us that game against Borussia, clearly has shown he is willing to be part of this (or else Klopp wouldn't allowed this to happen) and he will be useful the next few Seasons.

Klopp wouldn't have allowed this to happen?

Oh dear, we're slipping into "Can Do No Wrong" territory again. Like he's some kind of omnipotent footballing God, who never makes a mistake or thinks a player is better (or worse) than he actually is.

Fuck Lovren. He's obviously not good enough to give a long-term £100,000 a week contract to, and I couldn't give a tin fuck what Klopp thinks.

You'd like your better players tied to longer contracts - also the ones you are considering not good enough long term but who'd still attract decent value in the market.

I kinda reckon this is a case of the latter - we need as good a price as possible when selling. Or maybe Klopp rates him. Either way I've not been impressed with Lovren at all.

I mean hes been not been that bad over the course of the season as he ?

I get that's a tough argument given our goals conceded and general defensive lapses but hes been the best of a wildly inconsistent and even bad bunch hasn't he ?

Matip's form and fitness seemingly changes with the wind

Klopp wouldn't have allowed this to happen?

Oh dear, we're slipping into "Can Do No Wrong" territory again. Like he's some kind of omnipotent footballing God, who never makes a mistake or thinks a player is better (or worse) than he actually is.

Fuck Lovren. He's obviously not good enough to give a long-term £100,000 a week contract to, and I couldn't give a tin fuck what Klopp thinks.

Bizzare post.

If he hadn't impressed Klopp, he would not have tied him Down on a long contract (or allowed it to happen)? I don't state anywhere if that is a right or wrong decision. He still manage the club and hence have the final saying on how the first team looks? I know its Friday, but it is still a bit early sinking into the ales?

I suspect Lovren would look much better with a decent keeper behind him and a decent DM infront of him. But giving him 100k on his form this season is a bit of a piss take.

I mean hes been not been that bad over the course of the season as he ?

I get that's a tough argument given our goals conceded and general defensive lapses but hes been the best of a wildly inconsistent and even bad bunch hasn't he ?

Matip's form and fitness seemingly changes with the wind

OK, I think the context has maybe made me overreact a bit. He's been good in some games, but is simply too unreliable. And I don't give Matip a free pass: neither has been consistent enough, which is why I would probably buy two CBs, and fuck off Lovren, Lucas and The Binman.

There's loads of central defenders better than him in the Premiership, and hundreds around the world.

Bizzare post.

If he hadn't impressed Klopp, he would not have tied him Down on a long contract (or allowed it to happen)? I don't state anywhere if that is a right or wrong decision. He still manage the club and hence have the final saying on how the first team looks? I know its Friday, but it is still a bit early sinking into the ales?

If you're unsure whether it's the right or wrong decision, why are you even talking about it? It's pretty fucking obvious that Klopp rates him, otherwise he wouldn't have wanted to give him a huge new contract.

That's not the point. He's wrong. That's the point.

If you're unsure whether it's the right or wrong decision, why are you even talking about it? It's pretty fucking obvious that Klopp rates him, otherwise he wouldn't have wanted to give him a huge new contract.

That's not the point. He's wrong. That's the point.

So were did the "Can do no wrong" spout come from then? If you had a point why on earth didn't you just try to say that in stead of that bizzare bs you came up With?

OK, I think the context has maybe made me overreact a bit. He's been good in some games, but is simply too unreliable. And I don't give Matip a free pass: neither has been consistent enough, which is why I would probably buy two CBs, and fuck off Lovren, Lucas and The Binman.

There's loads of central defenders better than him in the Premiership, and hundreds around the world.
I mean , does he start for a team that wins the premier league ? Probably not but he can definitely do a job. Its got to be preferable to klavan or lucas at cb.

I like matip as hes a good footballer and brings the ball out well but hes definitely not bucking the trend of defenders in recent years shitting the bed every 90 minutes,i mean neither is lovren but yeah..

Id like to bring in THE MAN , whoever that is, whoever out of matip and lovren partners him ,im not entirely sure or bothered. Make em duke it out with the 90s gladiators cast for the position

Reading through this thread it sounds like we've resigned Lucas to a new deal worth 100k a week.

Lovren has been good this season. Has played in 25 league games and missed 9.
He's still a bit unreliable and can play 3 good games and then have 1 horrendous one (like Saturday). But still only 27 and will be a good 3rd choice CB next season.

I'd rather we bought 1 top quality CB to start alongside Matip instead of 2 with lower quality.

100k is a lot but he was probably earning 75-80k already.
He isnt one of the players that we need to replace in defence first anyway, and we cant change to much at once.
He'll be a good 3rd choice CB and then replace him next year if he doesnt continue to improve.

Its nothing to get so wound up about.

Where does it say he's on 100k a week?

Klopp brought in a new GK after handing Mingolet a new long-term contract. Let's just hope a CB is coming in the summer and we have better luck this time.

We probably will.

I'll just wait until the middle of next season when we're leaking goals and our centre backs are either shite or injured and quote my post in this thread to remind you how silly you were to think this was a good idea.

Wait, when did I ever say signing VVD for £50million was a good idea? I'm pretty sure I made a thread 2 days ago saying the very opposite, please get your facts right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom