• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

How much would you pay for a kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerOnions

Let's Push Things Forward
Administrator
I was walking past a JD earlier and fucking hell! £110 for a fucking home kit (just the shirt).

Would anyone here actually pay for that? I'm curious

Last edited:
I think I was about 17 when I last bought a football shirt, and that was a silly price at just under £50 at the time (though it did have name & number too). Natural inflation would suggest that'd be near £75 now, but that really is ridiculous for what they are and where the money goes, ie. not to the club. Anything more than that is a total pisstake.

I doubt I'd have bought one, but I did see and like Ajax's newest 3rd kit (3 little birds) and it got me curious on price. £50 for a junior, and double that for an adult. For a fucking Ajax 3rd kit!

£50-60

I'm in no rush to buy any of new the releases which I think go on our site for £79.99.

But yes £110 is a fucking travesty but then again it's JD...they've always been overpriced.

Yeah I'm in no rush to buy one but I figured I could stretch to 50 if I wore it for football but jaysus... That's almost the price of 3 home games in the right spot

I bought one from China and its faultless. Player edition. Name on back. CL badges.

£12 quid. Took 3 weeks to arrive, but that's the only downside.

https://www.soccer00.com/

XXL is about a UK medium/large in the sizing. The regular fan kit was less then a tenner and might be a bit larger. They've even got all the retro kits.

Last edited:
I'm genuinely mystified by grown men who shell out £100 every year on the latest kits and then pay money to put a players name on the back. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Particularly as most of them look awful and you'd never actually want to wear it.

Kids are surely the primary market for kits, how much is it for new kit for a 10 year old? Anything above £50 is a disgrace

How much does it cost to make a football kit? Probably buttons. It's a complete fucking scam.
Not that I am justifying it, however, sports apparel manufacturers pay huge chunks of their revenue to sponsor teams and individuals.
Is a football kit any different to trainers which people spend nowadays £100-200. Some into the thousands? My wife's nephew spent £450 on tanned pink and black nike. It also comes in mint green, which I think is even more expensive. Adidas Yezees start at the couple hundred mark and goto the price of a new £5k hatchback.
The PSG tops could go for double, they'll still sell out of it.
If you don't like the price and still want one, wait a few weeks, Sports Direct will have it for £40.

I get that for sure but since I play football a few times a week I figure wearing footy tops is normal

Otherwise going full kit wanker should put you on the register for sure
I understand that. When my body wasn’t broken I used to wear the training tops or other sports tops, like tennis ones. They were more reasonably priced. Even then I wouldn’t have wanted a proper shirt.

I understand that. When my body wasn’t broken I used to wear the training tops or other sports tops, like tennis ones. They were more reasonably priced. Even then I wouldn’t have wanted a proper shirt.
I used to wear random ones that were on sale at my local sports direct.. Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Brazil, Italy.. all because they were about a tenner. I did buy a couple of England shirts for the same reason

I do have our shirt from a couple of years ago (title winning). Just sits on a hanger at the back of the wardrobe.. oh and it was on sale.

Not that I am justifying it, however, sports apparel manufacturers pay huge chunks of their revenue to sponsor teams and individuals.
Is a football kit any different to trainers which people spend nowadays £100-200. Some into the thousands? My wife's nephew spent £450 on tanned pink and black nike. It also comes in mint green, which I think is even more expensive. Adidas Yezees start at the couple hundred mark and goto the price of a new £5k hatchback.
The PSG tops could go for double, they'll still sell out of it.
If you don't like the price and still want one, wait a few weeks, Sports Direct will have it for £40.
People are fucking fools.

Harmless hobbie. People spend money on a lot worse.
I love the superiority complex grown men have when they state they don’t buy a kit.

Who gives a fuck?

If it makes someone happy, more power to them.

are we just old now?
Possibly. I've a mate who works for a company that make perfume and shit like that. One bottle costs a few quid to produce then they sell them for about 70 quid. Drives me insane.

To be fair I just wear them to the gym and around the house. Anything over £30 takes them into the scam/not worth it category.

Possibly. I've a mate who works for a company that make perfume and shit like that. One bottle costs a few quid to produce then they sell them for about 70 quid. Drives me insane.

Perfume marketing though, I’m sure your man that plays Thor doesn’t come cheap.

i was hoping for a bit of a reckoning with bullshit frivolous products and services during COVID but i bet i could still get my asshole bleached and some furry dice for the drive home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom