• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hey Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s more to do with an inept manager not knowing how to use him and having to build a forward line around 89 year ol fake Ronaldo.

Sancho choose the wrong club to go to.

There is a lot of that, I agree. But in 13 or 15 games, Sancho has had 0 goals, 0 assists and not one piece of skill or going past a defender which showcases his ability (long may it continue, obviously). Even with the Ole factor, Sancho must be able to show something on the pitch showing that he has that ability. The Sancho transfer should be another warning, along with Keita, that skills in the Bundesliga may not transfer to our league for all players. I don't exactly know the reason, maybe it is the type of defending or the way they attack, pace of the game, but I would be nervous if we were to spend 75-100 million on Bellingham.

I don't think Bellingham is hyped at all. I think he's really fucking good.

There is a lot of that, I agree. But in 13 or 15 games, Sancho has had 0 goals, 0 assists and not one piece of skill or going past a defender which showcases his ability (long may it continue, obviously). Even with the Ole factor, Sancho must be able to show something on the pitch showing that he has that ability. The Sancho transfer should be another warning, along with Keita, that skills in the Bundesliga may not transfer to our league for all players. I don't exactly know the reason, maybe it is the type of defending or the way they attack, pace of the game, but I would be nervous if we were to spend 75-100 million on Bellingham.

You could say that about any player and any league that.

You could even say it about a player coming from another team in the same league.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m delighted that Utd spent £75m on a player that’s misfiring - but he’s hardly the only player that’s misfired this season.

Lukaku hasn’t exactly been on fire, neither has Grealish.

There was alot of hype around Havertz, Werner and Sancho. I'd never heard of Schurle before he signed so that's a bad comparison.

Werner looks like a flop, but Havertz has done alright, much better this season and I suspect in the long term he will certainly good. Sancho has only been there 2 months and was obviously signed before they knew they were getting Ronaldo, I won't judge him until he's played under a manager who has some sense of what he's doing. That may take some time.

German league is piss.

is this another proclamation that’s going to need added to the list of Dreamie-isms?

Do we need to compile a list of players signed from German teams in the last 10 years that have succeeded?

Or do we need to do a comparative analysis of players signed from other league to see if the success or failure rate varies?

You could say that about every league though. I think its more about getting in the right player that will fit in with your team.
For every Keita, Pulisic, Werner and Haller. There is a De Bruyne, Son, Firmino, Sane, Gundogan, Aubameyang etc.

Sancho will come good, sadly. Its more that he's integrated in a team that has no plan on how to use him at all.
He would have been boss for us, no doubt.

Dont think there is to much risk with Bellingham. He's just a fantastic player and talent.

There was alot of hype around Havertz, Werner and Sancho. I'd never heard of Schurle before he signed so that's a bad comparison.

Werner looks like a flop, but Havertz has done alright, much better this season and I suspect in the long term he will certainly good. Sancho has only been there 2 months and was obviously signed before they knew they were getting Ronaldo, I won't judge him until he's played under a manager who has some sense of what he's doing. That may take some time.

All true but certainly no guarantee someone tearing it up in Germany is going to have a huge impact instantly. Even Can took time to cement his place.
Not being a sick note will help though!

You could say that about any player and any league that.

You could even say it about a player coming from another team in the same league.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m delighted that Utd spent £75m on a player that’s misfiring - but he’s hardly the only player that’s misfired this season.

Lukaku hasn’t exactly been on fire, neither has Grealish.

I think Lukaku has been injured for about a month. Before that he had a decent goal return. I agree that both of them have not lived up to the money that was paid for the transfer, but Sancho has been a different level of non-entity. And not all of that can be placed on Ole. Also, Chelsea, City, United can absorb such a failure, we cant.

You could say that about every league though. I think its more about getting in the right player that will fit in with your team.
For every Keita, Pulisic, Werner and Haller. There is a De Bruyne, Son, Firmino, Sane, Gundogan, Aubameyang etc.

Sancho will come good, sadly. Its more that he's integrated in a team that has no plan on how to use him at all.
He would have been boss for us, no doubt.

Dont think there is to much risk with Bellingham. He's just a fantastic player and talent.

I am not saying every one from the German league will be a dud. Dortmund and recently RB appear to consistently generate players who put up some pretty good attacking statistics. Part of it could be the system, part of it could be the league - the quality of opposition, type of defense etc. I haven't watched enough of Bundesliga to know the answer. All I am saying is that those numbers need not necessarily translate well to the premier league.

I remember some 10-15 years ago, there were strikers putting up some insane goal numbers in the Dutch league. We had players like Afonso Alves, Kezman, Huntelaar who couldn't repeat those elsewhere. At the same time, we had players like Robben and Suarez and Ibra.

Sancho may come good, may not come good. Ole is a big factor, no doubt about it. But we cant blame 100% of zero goals, zero assists, no impact on Ole alone. Also Utd, Chelsea, City can afford to buy close to 100 million players and let them spend a year settling into the league.

We cant. Bellingham is going to cost close to 100 million. If we buy him ( which I don't think will happen anyways), he better be tearing up the premier league and have a Salah, Mane, Allison, VVD level impact on our first team. I am not quite sure he is there.

I am not saying every one from the German league will be a dud. Dortmund and recently RB appear to consistently generate players who put up some pretty good attacking statistics. Part of it could be the system, part of it could be the league - the quality of opposition, type of defense etc. I haven't watched enough of Bundesliga to know the answer. All I am saying is that those numbers need not necessarily translate well to the premier league.

I remember some 10-15 years ago, there were strikers putting up some insane goal numbers in the Dutch league. We had players like Afonso Alves, Kezman, Huntelaar who couldn't repeat those elsewhere. At the same time, we had players like Robben and Suarez and Ibra.

Sancho may come good, may not come good. Ole is a big factor, no doubt about it. But we cant blame 100% of zero goals, zero assists, no impact on Ole alone. Also Utd, Chelsea, City can afford to buy close to 100 million players and let them spend a year settling into the league.

We cant. Bellingham is going to cost close to 100 million. If we buy him ( which I don't think will happen anyways), he better be tearing up the premier league and have a Salah, Mane, Allison, VVD level impact on our first team. I am not quite sure he is there.

Yeah, that was also my point about the fee. It will be so massive that you have to be sure that he's a success. Which is impossible.
I think though that Bellingham has so much to his game that we shouldnt look blindly at the attacking stats but more to his overall contribution.
He also has age on his side, is English and will learn from Klopp. Having played a season in the Championship is also good regarding adaption to the Premier league.

I think Lukaku has been injured for about a month. Before that he had a decent goal return. I agree that both of them have not lived up to the money that was paid for the transfer, but Sancho has been a different level of non-entity. And not all of that can be placed on Ole. Also, Chelsea, City, United can absorb such a failure, we cant.

Sancho was injured too, wasn’t he and Utd signed Ronaldo, which changed things a lot.

I’m not disagreeing with you - Sancho has been poor, I just think a specific set of circumstances - injury, Ronaldo changing the dynamic of the attack, Greenwood’s form, being played on the left rather than the right, Utd’s tactics (or lack of especially their “press”) and a manager in OGS that’s clearly out of his depth (wants to convert Sancho into a RWB????).

Totally agree that we can’t afford to spend £50m+ on a player and not have them succeed - but we’re going to have to take a risk at some point, otherwise we’ll end up signing very young players, very old players, out of contract players or very average players that are even less likely to make it.

Is Jude the answer - don’t know - but he certainly fits the profile of what we need.

Don’t generally disagree, but 100M over 10 years is quite a bargain. He does not need to have the impact of a 100M player that is 25. If he can have a decent impact now and that level of impact at 22, it is great business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom