• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hero or Zero# 13 - Milan Baros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Astaire

Member Of 'The Toilets At The Harry Fan Club..
Hmmmmm this one could spark a little debate. How could a 2005 CL winner be a zero? Do they all automatically get hero status? Even Traore?? Well he is 72 on the list of players who shook the Kop. I'm pretty amazed at that as he only scored 19 goals in 70 appearances. Maybe stats don't tell the whole story though. I honestly never had much faith in him when I saw his name on the teamsheet. That might partly be because he was often the only striker available with Cisse only having half a leg.

I'm going to go Zero. Harsh but I'm just telling it like I see it.

45.jpg

EDIT : He could possibly be a hero if only for his taste in women!

Mrs Baros!

baros.jpg

Nah. Zero for me.
One of the dullest cunts to ever play for us.
And really really greedy.

Hardly ever scored for Liverpool but at the same time had an amazing goal scoring record for Czech republic.

Meh

His always looking at his feet whilst running did me head in..

He never look ahead, always at his feet...

He was terrible at not being offside. Genuinely awful. I used to watch the reserves and he was offside 10 times a game

Definite zero

Though he gets a decimal point for not getting hit by Smicers goal in Istanbul

His record is 27 goals in 108 appearances.

It's a below par record for any striker worth his salt, certainly. But, he started pretty much every single game in that CL run, and most of them as a lone striker. And while he had some frustrating limitations, he did run his socks off for us. He's quite under-appreciated for that.

Also, I think his issues were less with selfishness and more with a complete inability to play the game with his head up. A bad habit he probably picked up at a very young age, and could never be coached out of. A pity, because he had some excellent attributes.

Very frustrating. I was at the match at Bolton when he scored those two goals and looked really exciting, and I remember thinking that could be the game that marked his arrival as a great goal scoring talent, and then...not much. Zero-ish.

When are we getting to the really controversial ones; Paul Stewart, Stan, Saunders, Mark Wright, Mickey Thomas, Paul Ince, Stig

Sadly another Zero, will be grateful for his efforts in Istanbul and for winning me £330 as top scorer at the Euros but as others pointed out, he was very much a heads down chicken type of player.

When are we getting to the really controversial ones; Paul Stewart, Stan, Saunders, Mark Wright, Mickey Thomas, Paul Ince, Stig
Well Stan has already been. Also I don't have the monopoly on posting Hero or Zero debates. If there is someone you feel merits a discussion start the topic yourself you lazy bugger!

His always looking at his feet whilst running did me head in..

He never look ahead, always at his feet...
I'd forgotten about the head down thing - So annoying. He'd just run into people or into the advertising board.

strange player, so much potential and very clinical at international level (where he was surrounded by class) - but never really did it. tough one to call, but being part of Istanbul makes you a hero in my book.

Hero, if only because he played a crucial role in Istanbul:

1. Had a thankless role as a lone striker up front for us but never, ever stopped running the whole game;
2. Had the presence of mind - and the unselfishness - to make sure he got out of the way of Vlad Smicer's shot for the second goal;
3. Dinked a lovely little ball through to Stevie for the run which led to the peno; then
4. When Dida saved Xabi's first kick the ball spun towards Nesta, who went to rush into the area. Milan was next to him on the edge of the area and stood his ground, making Nesta struggle his way past. Without that delay Nesta would almost certainly have reached the ball first and cleared it.

His record is 27 goals in 108 appearances.

It's a below par record for any striker worth his salt, certainly. But, he started pretty much every single game in that CL run, and most of them as a lone striker. And while he had some frustrating limitations, he did run his socks off for us. He's quite under-appreciated for that.

Also, I think his issues were less with selfishness and more with a complete inability to play the game with his head up. A bad habit he probably picked up at a very young age, and could never be coached out of. A pity, because he had some excellent attributes.

He was our very own Stephane Guivarc'h in the CL run, he did scored in the first group game but that was it.

Remember being excited by his signing, thats about it, a hero by default i suppose, without that CL medal he would be one of the easiest zeros.

1. Had a thankless role as a lone striker up front for us but never, ever stopped running the whole game;
2. Had the presence of mind - and the unselfishness - to make sure he got out of the way of Vlad Smicer's shot for the second goal;
3. Dinked a lovely little ball through to Stevie for the run which led to the peno; then
4. When Dida saved Xabi's first kick the ball spun towards Nesta, who went to rush into the area. Milan was next to him on the edge of the area and stood his ground, making Nesta struggle his way past. Without that delay Nesta would almost certainly have reached the ball first and cleared it.

Good post, makes me feel a little more for him reading that.

He was also unlucky in coming to the club when Owen was firing on all cylinders for us. He and Heskey looked a very good combo in the rare games they played up front together.

If the goal was in the corner the flag, the cunt would have scored 50.

Also, he's fooling no one re inventing himself as Sami Khedira.

Good memory JJ. I never noticed the Nesta thing.

Zero, never really warmed to him. He was good as our 4th choice but when he was all we had (bar Neil Mellor...) it was a sign of dire times.

A big 'meh' player.

Zero till I read JJ's post. How about a mero?

Corner flags were his best friend, seriously. He always ended up there, like roger milla without the goals.

I saw him score a dinger v Chelsea. I thought that was it...he was going to be amazing, but no.

Great assist for Smicers goal. Instinctively let it go. Another player would have blocked it!

One of the most frustrating players Ive seen in red. Zero, despite playing well in the final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom