• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Harry Wilson - dead ball star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you searching for very specific weird posters on Derby forums? The majority think he’s quality, after a slow start getting used to the team.
A City supporter can look at a LFC forum and proclaim Liverpool fans are calling for Klopp’s head and advocating bringing back Rafa, but that wouldn’t be a fair reflection of the majority would it?
Well what I got from their thread is that he's good for them, not really good enough for us.

Awesome all-around performance. "Average" my arse:

I think his best free-kick of the day was the one he just missed at 2:32 – the trajectory on the ball is insane.

I'd absolutely prefer this Harry Wilson to Lallana or even Origi, Sturridge and whoever else sits on our bench. He looks tailor-made for our team and I'm sure Klopp could make him even better.

I wonder if he might be able to play a false 9 role, similar to Firmino if called upon? I just wonder whether he has the strength to hold up the ball and play with his back to defenders. Nevertheless, he definitely has a very useful range of skills. In any other season, I'd say we should leave him where he is, as Derby is obviously excellent for his development. In a season where we don't know what injuries may be ahead and we have a realistic chance of a first league win in aeons, however, I say bring him back. He may well have a role to play.

I wonder if he might be able to play a false 9 role, similar to Firmino if called upon? I just wonder whether he has the strength to hold up the ball and play with his back to defenders. Nevertheless, he definitely has a very useful range of skills. In any other season, I'd say we should leave him where he is, as Derby is obviously excellent for his development. In a season where we don't know what injuries may be ahead and we have a realistic chance of a first league win in aeons, however, I say bring him back. He may well have a role to play.
I would say no. He is clearly a winger / LAM. In that game Rurik posted he was ace, did he even give the ball away once ? Good technically on the ball, won FKs, took a player out when he had too (likely a Yellow for that but arguably worth it), and his FKs and shooting (not so much in that game), wow.

If we want a potential game changer on the bench we could do much worse.

Agreed. He’s also a much better suited, already imho, alternative to Lallana.
Quick thinking, movement and one touch football.
His shooting, free kicks and set piece delivery is a skill not many can match and makes him a very intersting impact player.

Agreed. He’s also a much better suited, already imho, alternative to Lallana.
Quick thinking, movement and one touch football.
His shooting, free kicks and set piece delivery is a skill not many can match and makes him a very intersting impact player.
He could also be a decent replacement for Mane should the circumstances offer up that opportunity (can't tempt fate).

If we continue to play this 4-2-3-1 or a 4-2-2-2 with two playmakers, and two forwards formation, he'd be a very viable option for one of the two playmaker slots. Especially given we have only Firmino and Shaqiri capable of playing there at the moment. Keita has been tried there, but long-term I feel he belongs deeper in one of the two CM slots, once Klopp starts trusting him defensively. We'll probably see that only next season.

For next year, I think this would be what the rotation will look like:

CMs: Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Keita
AMs: Firmino, Shaqiri, Wilson

I expect Milner and Lallana to move on in the summer. Wilson coming in would be a nice boost for the AM slots. Of course, there's still Chamberlain to integrate - I wonder how he'll fit in - he's probably more suited to a 4-3-3 rather than the present formation. Perhaps Klopp encourages him to move forward (especially given that we don't have any WFs other than Salah and Mane)?

Ideally, I'd love to add someone like Houssem Aouar (or say Pablo Fornals or Nicolo Barella) to that mix - he's capable of playing both CM and AM.

If we continue to play this 4-2-3-1 or a 4-2-2-2 with two playmakers, and two forwards formation, he'd be a very viable option for one of the two playmaker slots. Especially given we have only Firmino and Shaqiri capable of playing there at the moment. Keita has been tried there, but long-term I feel he belongs deeper in one of the two CM slots, once Klopp starts trusting him defensively. We'll probably see that only next season.

For next year, I think this would be what the rotation will look like:

CMs: Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Keita
AMs: Firmino, Shaqiri, Wilson

I expect Milner and Lallana to move on in the summer. Wilson coming in would be a nice boost for the AM slots. Of course, there's still Chamberlain to integrate - I wonder how he'll fit in - he's probably more suited to a 4-3-3 rather than the present formation. Perhaps Klopp encourages him to move forward (especially given that we don't have any WFs other than Salah and Mane)?

Ideally, I'd love to add someone like Houssem Aouar (or say Pablo Fornals or Nicolo Barella) to that mix - he's capable of playing both CM and AM.
Would be very surprised to see Milner leave this season. Imagine Klopp will fight tooth and nail to make him stay for one more

I've not seen him play a full game but I too have heard Derby fans saying that the kid isn't ready for the prem yet. Trouble is, I'm not sure what their idea of ready is. What are his short-comings? He seems to have great technique, but how would he fair against better keepers? Does he possess the intelligence that Klopp demands in his decision making - when to shoot and when to play the pass? Does he have the required work ethic? Is he physically strong enough? I'm thinking he should probably stay put and continue his development there till the end of the season but I have nothing to base this on.

I wonder whether some Derby fans expect a player performing in the Championship to be outstanding in every single game if he's genuinely of Premiership quality. I guess that's understandable in a way, but it's not realistic.

The one Derby fan I know reckons Wilson has the basic quality to play Premiership football but there's still work to be done to bring him up to that level consistently.

Wow what? Did you see him against Nottingham?
Have you seen him in other fixtures this season?
I have, I've watched like 4 Derby games and one with Wales. He's largely unimpressive.
But yeah focus on that post...

We'll see where the lad ends up. I'm thinking Swindon.

Wow what? Did you see him against Nottingham?
Have you seen him in other fixtures this season?
I have, I've watched like 4 Derby games and one with Wales. He's largely unimpressive.
But yeah focus on that post...

We'll see where the lad ends up. I'm thinking Swindon.

Racist

The news about Ox possibly coming back ahead of schedule might be a factor in deciding not to bring back Wilson this season. I wonder if it's possible to bring him back just for January when we have the FA Cup fixture(s) and then decide whether to send him back to Derby for the rest of the season.

Bruv you do know hes not English yeah?
Youre allowed to like him.

Bruv you do know hes not English yeah?
Youre allowed to like him.
I like him, I just don't think he's anywhere close to having the quality to play for the first team. From what I've seen anyway. I actually think Camacho is better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom