• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Haaland - the cheat code striker

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member

Football hasn’t seen this kind of absurd combination of power and pace, perhaps ever. Adriano might have been the last player to possess such inhuman power levels. Haaland stands with the stature of Virgil van Dijk, runs with the speed of Ousmane Dembélé and shoots, well he shoots like Adriano with an almost offensive level of power. He hits that thing like it owes him money.

He looks a lot less polished than Mbappe, but that combination of shooting power, strength and speed makes him just as unstoppable. It’s simple - whichever big club will get Haaland will dominate and win trophies for years.

I really hope his desire to leave Dortmund doesn’t align with city replacing Aguero

I really hope his desire to leave Dortmund doesn’t align with city replacing Aguero

City don't tend to spend crazy money on single players but they're going to have to do something big to replace Aguero. I wouldn't bet against them landing one of Mbappe or Haaland.

Mbappe has most frequently been linked with Real but they're also in a bit of a transitional state at the moment and Zidane isn't going to last. Will he still go there?

Has Haaland indicated any preferences as to where he'd like to end up?

City don't tend to spend crazy money on single players but they're going to have to do something big to replace Aguero. I wouldn't bet against them landing one of Mbappe or Haaland.

Mbappe has most frequently been linked with Real but they're also in a bit of a transitional state at the moment and Zidane isn't going to last. Will he still go there?

Has Haaland indicated any preferences as to where he'd like to end up?

:sick:
the thought of city with either of those two, I’d much prefer them to blow a fortune on twilight Messi and play him through the middle or something daft

So we want Mbappe, Mane, Salah or Haaland, Mane, Salah ?

Can we have both. Since we are going to clearly to blow our load in the transfer window..

City don't tend to spend crazy money on single players but they're going to have to do something big to replace Aguero. I
Not really arguing with you here, but they've just won 17 consecutive games, are running away with the league, and looking favourites for just about everything else - without Aguero.

I don’t love his style of play but you can’t argue with his goal return.

Yeah hes weird, he looks like the worst great player you've ever seen. Something is off about him, he's like Crouch had a baby with Ivan Drago.

Do people really see City buying him, Guardiola loves technically superb players with great close control and ability to retain the ball, thats not Haalands game at all, he's a marauding powerhouse who bludgeons opponents and footballs into submission. He'd suit Madrid or Chelsea much better than City.

There's a release clause next summer (2022). I imagine he'll have his pick of clubs. No idea how much that clause is though.

Haaland is really getting the short end of the stick by some here. The lad is a generational talent that has everything in his locker.
Great close control, technique, vision, built like a brick shithouse but with superb pace and World class finishing ability.

The thing is that his game is evolving all the time. Getting better and better. His timing in his runs is impeccable and his offside numbers are ridiculous.
His winning mentality and hunger for goals sees no end, and he's never happy with just one or two. Always looking for more.

His release clause is 75 mill £ and he will have suitors all over the biggest leagues when that is activated. I've got no idea where he'll end up, but Chelsea and Utd will definitely be interested. Hopefully we aswell as I think Klopp could turn him into a legend. Real, City, Italian teams. The list is long.
City and Guardiola have previous with Raiola, so not sure how that relationship is, but they might be interested.
The thing about Haaland is that he has set out his career plans somewhat already. Doing whats best for him and his development. Thats why he went to Dortmund first, and his next move will be carefully planned aswell. Money will come second, place for success and further development first.

If Dortmund dont get Champions league football then they risk losing him to a big bid this summer, but Marco Rose is taking over and he was the manager at Salzburg when they bought Haaland. So he could potentially give him another year.

As long as he scores goals and wins us titles he can look like Thanos for all that I care..

Haha, might be a bit of Gloop about him.
His hunger for goals can be compared to Gloop's hunger for chocolate at least.

0aaf668a1d886b9a5e7e3dfcbfebc5f9.jpg

Haalands dad used to play for City. They'll also offer him 350k a week plus.

I think Mbappe will stay at PSG until next year, and City will be favourites for Haaland, unfortunately.

I think Mbappe will stay at PSG until next year, and City will be favourites for Haaland, unfortunately.
I think you are right.. City is the most natural destination for him for a few reasons.

I can imagine City offering above the release clause to get it done 12 months early too. Aguero looks to be done.

Must be weird being Aguero. One of the greatest strikers of all time but literally no-one outside a little bit of East Manchester gives a shit

Alfie also played for Nottm Forest and Leeds though. I doubt the City connection will mean that much.
Haaland has his own plans and ideas regarding development, and a uncertain Pep roulette future might not be what he wants at 21-22. Regardless of money.

He chose Dortmund over other top European clubs in just that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom