• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gutted for Fat Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I think Hodgson was unlucky at Anfield. His arrival coincided with the departure of Mascherano who had been doing a hell of a lot of heavy-lifting for the team at the time. The fixture list was also very unkind to him with some very tough matches right at the start of the season.

Uh oh

Actually I think Hodgson was unlucky at Anfield. His arrival coincided with the departure of Mascherano who had been doing a hell of a lot of heavy-lifting for the team at the time. The fixture list was also very unkind to him with some very tough matches right at the start of the season.

I wanted him sacked 20 minutes into the Man City game which was his second game in the league. 4-4-2 against Man City meant we were getting battered. Fucking clueless

Then the smiling at the final whistle when getting beat by Everton (something they’ve done only 4 times this millennium).

He took days to pluck up the courage to defend Torres after Whisky nose called him out as a cheat.

Hardly unlucky. He was a useless twat. I bought a bottle of champagne to celebrate him being sacked. The cunt.

Nope.

To get a result there would have been Utopia....

I wanted him sacked 20 minutes into the Man City game which was his second game in the league. 4-4-2 against Man City meant we were getting battered. Fucking clueless

Then the smiling at the final whistle when getting beat by Everton (something they’ve done only 4 times this millennium).

He took days to pluck up the courage to defend Torres after Whisky nose called him out as a cheat.

Hardly unlucky. He was a useless twat. I bought a bottle of champagne to celebrate him being sacked. The cunt.

I think it's fair to say that he can certainly take a small club, with limited expectations, and make them perform better, or at the very least turn around a struggling club. He did that at Fulham and now at Palace. And he did a good job at West Brom also, where the fans liked him a lot, and still do.

It's only when he has expectations and the aspirations that are associated with bigger clubs with more money that he fails so miserably, with his steady-as-she-goes expectation-lowering schtick.

I wanted him sacked at Liverpool before he even started, the budgie-faced cunt.

I'm pretty sure he said (in his first press conference as shudder Liverpool manager)..

"I hope Sir Alex will forgive me"

FUCK OFF, YOU ABSOLUTE TWAT.

And Danny Murphy and his ridiculous accent(s), who gargles with Hodgcum, daily, can leave, also.

The Bitters on GOT are busily discussing who they want their manager to be. Most seem to think it's going to be Silva, and many seem already unconvinced, and would prefer Unai Emery, who has just won the domestic treble with PSG and been voted manager of the year, so Everton seems an obvious destination.

Apparently Emery is "very interested" in the opportunity, put his name forward and was "blanked" by Everton, who are going to appoint Silva instead.

That's according to Bitter ITK Twatter, Alan Nixon.

This has caused some consternation among the good folk of GOT, although some are distracted by the possibility of an Arteta/ Wenger partnership.

The Bitters on GOT are busily discussing who they want their manager to be. .

Do they have bitters on Game of Thrones? The Starks do have the curmudgeonly aspect that fits well, but they're a bit too brave and principled. Has to be those cunts the Boltons surely?

Do they have bitters on Game of Thrones? The Starks do have the curmudgeonly aspect that fits well, but they're a bit too brave and principled. Has to be those cunts the Boltons surely?

More like that in-bred wildling clan who were all fucking eachother in the wastelands.

It's been great fun reading through some of it, though; the last few decades appear to have expunged any sign of optimism or hope, and all that's left is different hues of despair.

Oh, and it stands for "Grand Old Team" apparently.

The Bitters on GOT are busily discussing who they want their manager to be. Most seem to think it's going to be Silva, and many seem already unconvinced, and would prefer Unai Emery, who has just won the domestic treble with PSG and been voted manager of the year, so Everton seems an obvious destination.

One of them on the radio last night actually said the following words, in this order...

"I'd consider taking Jose... We know that he was considering coming to Everton before he went to Man United."

Thoughts and prayers.

One of them on the radio last night actually said the following words, in this order...

"I'd consider taking Jose... We know that he was considering coming to Everton before he went to Man United."

Thoughts and prayers.

I'm sure they'll be putting a 50p bid in for Messi too, while they're at it.

They're a bit keen like.

For all the people on here who don’t interact with Everton fans every day. They aren’t all this deluded. I’ve just been for a pint with my best mate, who basically stopped going the match when Allardyce took over.

He just wants a manager who will take them forward and play ok football. Knows we are boss at the min, and admires it.

They aren’t all gobshites. Only 75% of them are.

For all the people on here who don’t interact with Everton fans every day. They aren’t all this deluded. I’ve just been for a pint with my best mate, who basically stopped going the match when Allardyce took over.

He just wants a manager who will take them forward and play ok football. Knows we are boss at the min, and admires it.

It is fair play to him taking a timeout when he sees what average shit they brought in with Sam. Still sad for fans to have to leave the club alone for periods due to the shit going on in boardrooms and management Levels. It does something to you as the importance of caring for something doesn' fade away.

Everton did spend money but they clearly hasn't the infrastructure to cope with such investments. What is good value spending and what is the long term plan? Even getting Rooney back is bad as he has spent the best of his career elsewhere and the club should have the next Rooney in place rather than the former. Such signing doesn' take them places. But they are heavy investments anyway.

Even as a panic stopgap the Sam appointment was poor, as it was early in the season and a long term appointment manager could have still saved them with a good margin.

I think Hodgson probably only succeeds at the smaller clubs in the short term. His methods are so regimented that, after the initial relegation battle is over, boredom and resentment will surely soon set in. He only had a year at West Brom. He's in his first year at Palace. Did he have two years at Fulham? Something like that. Left at the perfect time. He's like a less positive Pardew, before Pardew got even worse than Pardew. Really, he and Allardyce and Pulis should team up, like some Anglo-special Marvel super group, and pool all of their horribleness into one team. Probably Stoke. With a new crest for the shirt: a baseball cap, a pie and an expensive watch, all perched on top of a turd. They could then tour the world, teaching all countries how dull, awful, depressing and soulless football can be if you really put your mind to it.

Athletico Mince podcast occasionally has recordings from meetings at the British Managers Club.

Very insightful.

It is fair play to him taking a timeout when he sees what average shit they brought in with Sam. Still sad for fans to have to leave the club alone for periods due to the shit going on in boardrooms and management Levels. It does something to you as the importance of caring for something doesn' fade away.

Everton did spend money but they clearly hasn't the infrastructure to cope with such investments. What is good value spending and what is the long term plan? Even getting Rooney back is bad as he has spent the best of his career elsewhere and the club should have the next Rooney in place rather than the former. Such signing doesn' take them places. But they are heavy investments anyway.

Even as a panic stopgap the Sam appointment was poor, as it was early in the season and a long term appointment manager could have still saved them with a good margin.

They tried to do that, by chasing Silva first.

Who they are again trying to get.

I'm in agreement my blue mates are pretty sound on the whole as well...

And although it is anathema to suggest it in a way I think a decent Everton team is beneficial to us... a stronger local competition keeps you on your toes... it certainly worked in the 80's...

They tried to do that, by chasing Silva first.

Who they are again trying to get.

That's why a 2 year deal for Sam and Sam and probably a whole bunch of other backroom staff was poor. If loosing out on Silva let them in a position of no clue what to do next, then a season long deal would have done the business.

That's why a 2 year deal for Sam and Sam and probably a whole bunch of other backroom staff was poor. If loosing out on Silva let them in a position of no clue what to do next, then a season long deal would have done the business.

Which Allardyce, quite rightly, wouldn't accept. So he got a longer contract.

Which Allardyce, quite rightly, wouldn't accept. So he got a longer contract.

That is possible. I still think it was a shit appointment. Not sure if they hoped he stay for 1 or 2 years then? But what direction should the club take under Sam with a squad they had heavily invester in with no plan?

They did survive, which shows a stopgap solution was fine and you got a point. But they had to fire him with all included in that which proves my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom