• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting Grand National

Prefix for Betting Threads

Pesam

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Right who's on what?

5 of the last 6 winners have been @ 25/1, 25/1, 66/1, 33/1 and 100/1 so I'm definitely on the look out for an outsider with a decent chance of staying the pace.

Living Next Door @ 50/1 and Corrin Wood @ 180/1 look likely candidates.

I've an awful National record so best avoid the 3 that I fancy.

The druids Nephew

Just a par

Holywell

I'll be happy to get a run for me dosh to be honest.

I've an awful National record so best avoid the 3 that I fancy.

The druids Nephew

Just a par

Holywell

I'll be happy to get a run for me dosh to be honest.
I don't know anyone who has a good record regarding the national, it's a very difficult race to predict. I think I've had 2 winners (Red Rum 1st time and Papillon) in nearly 40 years of betting and I've also had 2 horses fall at the first.

I don't know anyone who has a good record regarding the national, it's a very difficult race to predict. I think I've had 2 winners (Red Rum 1st time and Papillon) in nearly 40 years of betting and I've also had 2 horses fall at the first.
It's probably become less of a lottery over the last few years with the fences getting smaller and the handicap higher but it's still nigh on impossible to fancy anything with confidence.
The two horses that you've picked are non runners there so hope you haven't backed them yet.

It's probably become less of a lottery over the last few years with the fences getting smaller and the handicap higher but it's still nigh on impossible to fancy anything with confidence.
The two horses that you've picked are non runners there so hope you haven't backed them yet.
Seriously? At least I hadn't actually placed the bets but now I gotta try and find another no-hoper to waste my money on.

Seriously? At least I hadn't actually placed the bets but now I gotta try and find another no-hoper to waste my money on.
Yep Corrin Wood runs tommorow in the consolation race and living next door is injured.

Boston bob and double ross. I'll also throw on them in a forcast

Yep Corrin Wood runs tommorow in the consolation race and living next door is injured.
Cheers for that Leo, I'll stick with Corrin Wood and have a few quid on him today if he's a decent price.

I have no idea who to waste my money on & was hoping for deluge of ideas from you lot, but not that many tips in here.

I've gone for kruzhlinin as well, so its a trip to the Andy carroll factory for that one

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like i have to back Double Ross even though it probably will struggle with the distance. .
I was planning on backing Sir Des Champs - which Ruby was going to ride. Nina taking over doesn't put me off.

I think Unioniste might be my third one. Not sure yet

Ok got my 2 outsiders sorted.................£5 on each Aachen @ 100/1 and Le Reve @ 95/1.

I ended up going e/w on Hadrians Approach.

The missus is even backing today and she's on Goonyella - we also have a bet with each other as to how the name is pronounced. Go on yella or Goony ella ?

Well your missus got something anyway.

Isabelle (we let the kids pick a horse each) picked that vics something horse that came third. £1 stake e/w. She won £13, put towards their spends for our caravan break.

Minus the quid we staked her. Obv. ;)

I ended up going e/w on Hadrians Approach.

The missus is even backing today and she's on Goonyella - we also have a bet with each other as to how the name is pronounced. Go on yella or Goony ella ?
Goonie Ella

Back
Top Bottom