• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gini in a bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I wasn't aware this was an award for personality of the year thread.

I have my opinions on things and I tend to stick to them unless I'm convinced otherwise.

Our midfield constantly goes missing in games and there's many times I've seen Gini go missing.

Especially when it's a 3 of Milner Hendo and Gini, all workhorses and not enough on ball quality.

Sorry I wasn't aware this was an award for personality of the year thread.

I have my opinions on things and I tend to stick to them unless I'm convinced otherwise.

Our midfield constantly goes missing in games and there's many times I've seen Gini go missing.

Especially when it's a 3 of Milner Hendo and Gini, all workhorses and not enough on ball quality.

OK, this thread has gone a bit awry, but the point about our midfield lacking a bit of creativity and vision is certainly a valid talking point, as is Wijnaldum's role within it.

Klopp has bought players like Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaqiri (and tried to buy Fekir), to address exactly those issues as and when circumstances allow, but Keita's done fuck all and Chamberlain has been mostly injured.

Are you saying Wijnaldum could be more assertive and creative in a Liverpool shirt? Yeah, of course. But would that mean slightly less of the not-so-glamorous work is shovelled onto Fabinho's shoulders?

Mad shout for a team who lost one league game last season as well as winning the Champions League.
I'm well aware what we achieved last year

But before we signed Alisson Mo VVD, this same midfield were struggling to finish 4th and being dumped out cup competitions to the likes of Wolves & Southampton at home.

I.e they need world class players around them to up their game because as a midfield unit they're not good enough.

I'm well aware what we achieved last year

But before we signed Alisson Mo VVD, this same midfield were struggling to finish 4th and being dumped out cup competitions to the likes of Wolves & Southampton at home.

I.e they need world class players around them to up their game because as a midfield unit they're not good enough.

That's because before Alisson and Van Dijk we had two goalkeepers with jelly wrists, and a center back who ate glue.

Binerrrrrrrrmial has always been a strong candidate, bluebell has shown some promise and of course, moron rarely fails to delight, but even those three can still disappoint with the occasional flash of lucidity.

Definitely think binomial is starting to outstrip all these guys, even Raz is struggling to live with him. Been throwing his mong around rightly. Of course, every now and again we get a full dreamy from the grizzled old silverback who puts every mong in their place, leaving them trembling and grunting consolingly to themselves after his awesome display of mong.

Definitely think binomial is starting to outstrip all these guys, even Raz is struggling to live with him. Been throwing his mong around rightly. Of course, every now and again we get a full dreamy from the grizzled old silverback who puts every mong in their place, leaving them trembling and grunting consolingly to themselves after his awesome display of mong.
I like to think when I come on shitfaced of a weekend or hungover I can mix it up with the crowd for some versatility

I like to think when I come on shitfaced of a weekend or hungover I can mix it up with the crowd for some versatility
I'm afraid you're not really mixing it with the leading mongtenders Sumo, not even close. We all remember your prior sentience. You're more like the chimp that scratches his arse and then sniffs his finger. An amusing distraction.

I'm afraid you're not really mixing it with the leading mongtenders Sumo, not even close. We all remember your prior sentience. You're more like the chimp that scratches his arse and then sniffs his finger. An amusing distraction.
I mean at that point I totally don't remember any prior sentience but you're probably right about the arse scratching

Anyway, there's no doubt that Gini has a more attacking side to his game that we have only seen in flashes in a Liverpool shirt. I think it is testament to him that he happily sacrifices this within the usually disciplined role Klopp prescribes for him– a role, we shouldn't forget, that he excels at.

Ah here, Binomial is way more intelligent than mise.

That header against Barcelona was an absolute smasher. The leap looked superhuman. He's a proper threat in the air.

There's no doubt he plays a million miles better for national side that he does for us.

On the ball a lot more, makes more runs, links up play. Scores & assists

Rarely seem him do that for us.

He started as a gymnast, so no wonder. I think the incredibly effective way he uses his body to protect the ball is also influenced by his training in another sport.

There's no doubt he plays a million miles better for national side that he does for us.

He is not being asked, nor is he expected to do that by Klopp, though.

He is part of that midfield engine, the creativity is from the fullbacks, and the front 3.

It's probably worth considering that he's asked to perform different roles and play in a different way and position for Holland vs Liverpool

It seems a bit reductive to say he "plays a million times better" for Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom