• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Gakpoll

Prefix for Poll Threads

Based on what you’ve seen (at LFC and before), will he be a success here?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you even know how Jota played? You said you were gonna pull the head off it watching Shitty play the arse?

Back to Jota. He wasn’t the worst of our forwards yesterday. He also wasn’t the best. However, he was more of a threat than Mo. His passing was poor but not as bad as Mo’s. But he’s getting a free ride today.

Jota’s press and defensive display covered up the poor midfield we had. Gave more protection to Robbo. Otherwise we’d have been overrun in that part of the pitch and lost.

Then there is Nunez. The stupid cunt can’t even be arsed to learn the language. He’s a stupid mong which is a mongy signing made by other mongs.

Mo would have got a goal of Jota could get a simple pass right when played in and we had a chance for third. Probably got a free ride be because he’s our leading scorer and assits king.

If anyone had a free ride it’s Jota, not scored for a year but finally got 4 goals.
He can press ok but his hold up play and setup is shocking compared to the rest of other strikers.

Mo would have got a goal of Jota could get a simple pass right when played in and we had a chance for third. Probably got a free ride be because he’s our leading scorer and assits king.

If anyone had a free ride it’s Jota, not scored for a year but finally got 4 goals.
He can press ok but his hold up play and setup is shocking compared to the rest of other strikers.
Jota hasn’t had a free ride. Not at all.

Mo doesn’t deserve a free ride either because he’s meant to be our leading man. He was fucking shit last night. When you’re on 350k a week you can’t be serving up shit.

His link up play and build up play is hit and miss too. Sometimes it's good, but generally he's the most limited attacker we have, outside the box. He's a great option for someone who will nick a goal, but I'm not sure he's a week in, week out mainstay. To me, he would be the perfect supersub type player, if he can get his goalscoring back on track. I'm giving him a bit of leeway because I think he's struggled to get over that big injury, but he's a good option to have, if a bit streaky.

Re Gapko, as we've said a few times, he's obviously the replacement for Firmino in the long run. He's a bit like Bobby in terms of scoring goals too, but sometimes he looks like he needs a halftime word to get some focus and to be more involved. he sprang into life yesterday after a couple of things went his way, and he's that type of player. From being on the fringes and not really in the game, to suddenly taking players on and being more direct and generally more alert. He's young, like Nunez, it will take a bit of time, but he's a good player, I'm just not sure if (like Bobby) he will ever be a big goalscorer. Not that it matters, if Nunez, Diaz, Salah and Jota deliver the goods. Personally I'd like to see us add another attacker though, who's more right sided. We need to look at the inevitable with Salah, and he could do with the occasional breather anyway.

How do you even know how Jota played? You said you were gonna pull the head off it watching Shitty play the arse?

Back to Jota. He wasn’t the worst of our forwards yesterday. He also wasn’t the best. However, he was more of a threat than Mo. His passing was poor but not as bad as Mo’s. But he’s getting a free ride today.

Jota’s press and defensive display covered up the poor midfield we had. Gave more protection to Robbo. Otherwise we’d have been overrun in that part of the pitch and lost.

Then there is Nunez. The stupid cunt can’t even be arsed to learn the language. He’s a stupid mong which is a mongy signing made by other mongs.
Sometimes I change my mind or just catch up on the game after.

Mo was pretty anonymous but we're not talking about Mo....but if you wanted to talk about Mo then he has 27 goals and 11 assists this season (only 3 other players in Europe have more direct goal contributions than him and Jota isn't 1 of them btw), so yes back to Jota....the same guy you were happily willing us to flog off because he was a "sick note cunt"

Sometimes I change my mind or just catch up on the game after.

Mo was pretty anonymous but we're not talking about Mo....but if you wanted to talk about Mo then he has 27 goals and 11 assists this season (only 3 other players in Europe have more direct goal contributions than him and Jota isn't 1 of them btw), so yes back to Jota....the same guy you were happily willing us to flog off because he was a "sick note cunt"
I said Jota was in the last chance saloon. If you want to lay into someone lay into the worst players on the pitch. Mo falls into that. Don’t lay into someone who actually helped the side.

And Mo can fuck off. Ooooooo goals and assists. Ronaldo got goals and assists last season too. Doesn’t mean his overall game is good. Fuck off Mo.

I said Jota was in the last chance saloon. If you want to lay into someone lay into the worst players on the pitch. Mo falls into that. Don’t lay into someone who actually helped the side.

And Mo can fuck off. Ooooooo goals and assists. Ronaldo got goals and assists last season too. Doesn’t mean his overall game is good. Fuck off Mo.

Yes sorry last chance saloon that was it, "that sick note cunt is on last chance saloon".

I'm tired of laying into the worst players on the pitch, it's the same 2-3 guys every game....used to be 4 until Klopp changed things up.

You can joke about goals and assists all you like, it's what counts...that's how you win games....all well and good having 11 mad men on the pitch who run about pressing non-stop to make up for your lack of ability in other areas, but what good is it if you don't have the guys who put the ball in the net?

We won shit when he was putting the ball in the net and working for the team. No point being half a job.

19 people write him off so few games. Had we got a MF and Gakpo we would have been in the top 4 hunt closer to Newcastle and United. 3 wins is what separates us and top 4. With 6 games to go, I don't see either of those two dropping 9 points

Salah’s overall play pissed on Ronaldo’s. Assists are linked to overall play and Ronaldo got 3 while Salah got 16, Salah’s contribution to Ronaldo’s not in the same league.

Ronaldo was also a disruptive cunt in dressing rooms, Mo isn’t.

Jota hasn’t had a free ride. Not at all.

Mo doesn’t deserve a free ride either because he’s meant to be our leading man. He was fucking shit last night. When you’re on 350k a week you can’t be serving up shit.

Is Jota on pay as you go for us?

Jota is on a third of what Mo is on. With big bucks comes big responsibility. Jota was also getting up to fitness and started to show how important he is to the team.

The reason I use Ronaldo’s stats is because it shows that they don’t show the whole picture. Mo has had huge crap spells over the last 18 months. He’s on the wane and most won’t recognise it because of goals. Despite the impact of his overall game on the rest of this side. Should’ve sold him.

The Ronaldo comparison is such a lazy use case.
His work rate out of possession was non existent and his overall body language, attitude and opinion of his teammates was terrible. He’s a freak in front of goal and was on the tail end of arguably the greatest top flight career ever.
Comparing Mo to him is an oversimplification to the extreme.

As mentioned there are only two players in Europe with more goal involvements this season across the top leagues and Mo overall attitude is second to known.
It’s criminal how he is treated. Sure he’s not what he used to be but it’s not one extreme to the other. Oh he’s not beating 2 players and lashing it into the top corner every game so he’s shit and doesn’t deserve his wage.
Give a rest, he’s fucking magic and carried the team along with Alison this season.

Alison made us better than we are this season. Salah has reflected exactly how bad we are. When we are functioning better, he scores more. When we aren't, he doesn't really adapt, and he's just nowhere near as much of an individual threat anymore on the ball. Salah is the only forward we have who gets a bit of a pass on pressing. I think it's clear by now, or should be, that he also needs two other forwards around him making space and doing work.

Right now, until we get more legs in midfield, Nunez isn't going to feature much. It's clear that klopp has singled him out for lack of application learning the language, but it's also the case that if the ticket into this team is pressing, then Gakpo and Jota are ahead of him every time. If the general message that gets through is "I need to work harder and prove myself" and he can handle that, great. He was always a project player. If that doesn't get through he'll be a super sub and injury dependent and not work out. No news there. I think it would have been the case that he came off the bench a lot anyway, if things had gone to plan. Finally, Nunez is a player who threatens space. We are now dominating possession.

I think this is good. Not just in that Nunez will understand he has to work, but that all the aspects of his game he has to work on are very solvable. You don't need to be a genius in link up (jota has been poo quite a lot), you have to work and know your position.

Gakpo was an inspired purchase that solved a couple wholly unnecessary problems. Remember when Klopp said he wasn't coming in to ride the train, he was willing to push it. He's pushing the train.

And I'm sorry, but Salah rides the train. Plenty of great forwards ride the train.

Last edited:
Gakpo will prove a bargain - there's no doubt about it. The club deserves some credit for recognising his suitability to play the false 9 role and responding by taking advantage of the financial circumstances at PSV.

I like that he's getting the confidence to strike from distance. His ball striking is among his top assets and we haven't seen anywhere near enough of it to date. He's now showing the confidence to turn and drive at the opposition and his passing and general link up play of a high level. He lacks some of of the flair and he pressing of Bobby, but he is taller, faster and hit a ball better, so there's lot of promise.

How the Gakpo signing is compatible with the Nunez signing is anyone's guess, but that's for another thread.

Who’s earned their wages more since Mo’s new contract? Mo or Diogo
This week Jota.

I just want to get this straight. We can lay into Jota who put effort in last night and did a defensive shift, but we’re not allowed to talk about the horror show that was Salah?

This week Jota.

I just want to get this straight. We can lay into Jota who put effort in last night and did a defensive shift, but we’re not allowed to talk about the horror show that was Salah?
This week wasn't the question though....just shows how you have to avoid the entire question and put your own spin on it to suit your argument.

The Ronaldo comparison is such a lazy use case.
His work rate out of possession was non existent and his overall body language, attitude and opinion of his teammates was terrible. He’s a freak in front of goal and was on the tail end of arguably the greatest top flight career ever.
Comparing Mo to him is an oversimplification to the extreme.

As mentioned there are only two players in Europe with more goal involvements this season across the top leagues and Mo overall attitude is second to known.
It’s criminal how he is treated. Sure he’s not what he used to be but it’s not one extreme to the other. Oh he’s not beating 2 players and lashing it into the top corner every game so he’s shit and doesn’t deserve his wage.
Give a rest, he’s fucking magic and carried the team along with Alison this season.
Just saying goals is easy too. Also an oversimplification. This is a team game and everyone needs to put a shift in. Mo needs to do other things well which he isn’t. His passing was dire and lacked pace last night. Mo has dropped off a cliff. In 12-18 months he will be worse.

This week wasn't the question though....just shows how you have to avoid the entire question and put your own spin on it to suit your argument.
No it isn’t. You’re laying into Jota when ignoring the shite the other side of the pitch.

No it isn’t. You’re laying into Jota when ignoring the shite the other side of the pitch.

Mo was pretty crap last night, you're not wrong.

But what you wanna do is only mention Salah whenever he's been crap, and you don't even acknowledge when he's involved in winning games for us.

27 goals....that's only 1 less than Jota's managed in 3 years in the league.

Mo was pretty crap last night, you're not wrong.

But what you wanna do is only mention Salah whenever he's been crap, and you don't even acknowledge when he's involved in winning games for us.
Go read what I said about him after Forest.

Don't need to, I read enough what you say about him in general. Always using what he's on (which is what we offered him btw) against him.

Well what was Jota doing before the Leeds game to pick up 180k every week?

Gakpo will prove a bargain - there's no doubt about it. The club deserves some credit for recognising his suitability to play the false 9 role and responding by taking advantage of the financial circumstances at PSV.

I like that he's getting the confidence to strike from distance. His ball striking is among his top assets and we haven't seen anywhere near enough of it to date. He's now showing the confidence to turn and drive at the opposition and his passing and general link up play of a high level. He lacks some of of the flair and he pressing of Bobby, but he is taller, faster and hit a ball better, so there's lot of promise.

How the Gakpo signing is compatible with the Nunez signing is anyone's guess, but that's for another thread.

In respect of that last point I reckon we're transitioning to a situation in which most, if not all, our front players will be regarded as options for more than one position along the front three. When Nunez caught the eye for causing us problems he primarily came in off the left. Jota was playing there for Wolves and can do so for us in case of need, but he's always looked more dangerous to me playing down the middle. Diaz has done both for us too, and pretty well. The one place in the front three which IMO most needs reinforcing is wide right, where Mo Salah needs competition.

Last edited:
Alison made us better than we are this season. Salah has reflected exactly how bad we are. When we are functioning better, he scores more. When we aren't, he doesn't really adapt, and he's just nowhere near as much of an individual threat anymore on the ball. Salah is the only forward we have who gets a bit of a pass on pressing. I think it's clear by now, or should be, that he also needs two other forwards around him making space and doing work.

Right now, until we get more legs in midfield, Nunez isn't going to feature much. It's clear that klopp has singled him out for lack of application learning the language, but it's also the case that if the ticket into this team is pressing, then Gakpo and Jota are ahead of him every time. If the general message that gets through is "I need to work harder and prove myself" and he can handle that, great. He was always a project player. If that doesn't get through he'll be a super sub and injury dependent and not work out. No news there. I think it would have been the case that he came off the bench a lot anyway, if things had gone to plan. Finally, Nunez is a player who threatens space. We are now dominating possession.

I think this is good. Not just in that Nunez will understand he has to work, but that all the aspects of his game he has to work on are very solvable. You don't need to be a genius in link up (jota has been poo quite a lot), you have to work and know your position.

Gakpo was an inspired purchase that solved a couple wholly unnecessary problems. Remember when Klopp said he wasn't coming in to ride the train, he was willing to push it. He's pushing the train.

And I'm sorry, but Salah rides the train. Plenty of great forwards ride the train.
Goals inspire and lift players confidence and in turn team performance more than anything else in football.

Goals from your best players do it even more.
Stevie G did it for over a decade.

Salah’s goals have done more to ‘push the train’ than anyone else this season. Ali is amazing but great saves don’t have the same effect as a goal.
It can be argued our recent turn around in fortunes started when Salah’s goal against Arsenal sparked belief and confidence in a team who looked dead and buried at 0-2.

Last edited:
Just saying goals is easy too. Also an oversimplification. This is a team game and everyone needs to put a shift in. Mo needs to do other things well which he isn’t. His passing was dire and lacked pace last night. Mo has dropped off a cliff. In 12-18 months he will be worse.
He provides more assists than anyone else in the front 6 too so it’s not just goals. He’s created the most big chances. He works back also. He didn’t have a good game last night but no player plays well every week, even Haaland has had the odd quiet game ffs. You don’t understand football if your definition of dropping off a cliff is what Mo has done this season. He’s changed sure. He’s not as dynamic as he was 3 years ago, sure. But it’s not dropped off a cliff change. And the 12-18 month comment is opinion only and all the evidence points to this not being the likely outcome. He’s up there with Milner for application and professionalism. He’s already lost his blistering pace that enabled him to beat players at will and he's adapted and scoring a hatful and assisting in spite of it. He’s not dropping off any cliffs. The best players in the world find ways to keep scoring and he’s done that this season and will continue to for years to come. He’s 30 not 35 ffs.

Goals inspire and lift players confidence and in turn team performance more than anything else in football.

Goals from your best players do it even more.
Stevie G did it for over a decade.

Salah’s goals have done more to ‘push the train’ than anyone else this season. Ali is amazing but great saves don’t have the same effect as a goal.
It can be argued our recent turn around in fortunes started when Salah’s goal against Arsenal sparked belief and confidence in a team who looked dead and buried at 0-2.

Salah has mostly scored goals when we play good attacking football, and mostly hasn't when we haven't. He hasn't scored great individual goals and nor has he lead by example in other aspects of the game. He's been our best finisher (not saying much).

You are picking an example I'd agree with, that is rare, but from a game where he missed a penalty.

Again, he's more a force multiplier than someone who is changing games.

Salah has mostly scored goals when we play good attacking football, and mostly hasn't when we haven't. He hasn't scored great individual goals and nor has he lead by example in other aspects of the game. He's been our best finisher (not saying much).

You are picking an example I'd agree with, that is rare, but from a game where he missed a penalty.

Again, he's more a force multiplier than someone who is changing games.

Games were Salah has scored goals when we have been playing iffy? I can think of a few but before this season, we ain’t had many games where we haven’t been on top over last 5yrs. Where that was the case top my mind was, those two goals against City away were pure Salah. But we are or were a balanced team, to expect a single player to constantly change games for a top team is not a reasonable expectation I don’t think. Only can think of Gerrard who did that constantly in an average team. Salah had been our top scorer every season since he joined, as well as winning 3 golden boots and top 5 I assume in assits consistently. I won’t argue he’s not as good he was but for a 37m buy it seems some expectations on SCM are never going to be met ever regardless of what he does.

Games were Salah has scored goals when we have been playing iffy? I can think of a few but before this season, we ain’t had many games where we haven’t been on top over last 5yrs. Where that was the case top my mind was, those two goals against City away were pure Salah. But we are or were a balanced team, to expect a single player to constantly change games for a top team is not a reasonable expectation I don’t think. Only can think of Gerrard who did that constantly in an average team. Salah had been our top scorer every season since he joined, as well as winning 3 golden boots and top 5 I assume in assits consistently. I won’t argue he’s not as good he was but for a 37m buy it seems some expectations on SCM are never going to be met ever regardless of what he does.

No one with a brain thinks he wasn't an absolutely incredible purchase. He's one of the players that defines an era for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom