• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

For those of you who are six to death of Adam Lallana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

It ain't getting better. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...oyed-jorginho-role-jurgen-klopp-looks-create/

[article][h2]
Adam Lallana deployed in 'Jorginho' role as Jurgen Klopp looks to create more options for Liverpool
[/h2]

Jurgen Klopp is not averse to the occasional summer experiment.

James Milner once spent a season at left back after being summoned to a surprising pre-season chat with his coach.

Trent Alexander-Arnold was a midfielder until Klopp convinced him of the merits of trying to become the best young right back in Europe, while Jordan Henderson added a new dimension to his game as a deep midfielder.

Even Roberto Firmino’s development as a number nine came after a debut season where his position was undefined.

The 2019 reinvention involves Adam Lallana, who has spent the first two warm-up games in a deeper midfield role and – fitness permitting – will be considered as an alternative number six in the campaign ahead.

TELEMMGLPICT000203770418_trans%2B%2BY0SEsacEdDHrZ3HuZDIMov08QXP3Ck0dl1BMsQl4Hv0.jpeg

James Milner dispatches his penalty amid much booing for his Leeds links from the Bradford fans

“Adam is the kind of player who can play that and he enjoys this 'Jorginho' role – I hope Maurizio Sarri doesn't see the games or he will make an offer,” said Klopp, after a 3-1 over Bradford City.

“It is about getting Adam rhythm, bringing him in early and doing things he is naturally good at: small spaces, passing the ball, and then from time-to-time offering the runs in behind as well and together with Milly (James Milner) that is possible. For us it is another option.

“He needs a bit of luck, like we all do in life. We have to come through without injuries, that would be cool, and then we have a couple of new players, I would say, this season.”

Lallana is always a delight to watch and, like James Milner, was a class above the hosts as Liverpool took a three-goal lead at half-time at Valley Parade before mass changes at half-time made for what Klopp described as a ‘boring’ second half. Perhaps minds were on the cricket. Or tennis.

Milner was credited with two goals in the first 12 minutes, even if the first took such a deflection from ex-Everton striker James Vaughan.

He struck the second with a penalty, silencing the pantomime jeers of home fans recalled the acting Liverpool skipper’s Leeds association.

TELEMMGLPICT000203776075_trans%2B%2BO2wBkCq2Mm4bNdLs0EhrY6wcMyFj4IH6Enwy9ehZKyY.jpeg

Stephen Derby played for both Liverpool and Bradford before being diagnosed with motor neurone disease in 2018

Rhian Brewster hit his third in two warm-up games, reacting sharply from a tight angle after Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s shot was pushed sideward by Richard O’Donnell.

Bradford found encouragement in the low-key second half with an 81stminute penalty, converted by Eoin Doyle. But there was more to this occasion than match practice.

Stephen Darby, a former FA Youth Cup winning Liverpool captain and tenacious Bradford full-back whose career has been ended by serious illness, spoke movingly before and after the game. Milner’s charity made a £40,000 donation to Bradford’s gate receipts in order to assist the Darby Rimmer Motor Neurone Disease Foundation and other causes related to the debilitating condition.

Liverpool's presence meant this was Bradford’s highest attendance since 1986, over 24,000 in the stadium.

Darby led both teams on a lap of honour at full-time, concluding with trademark hug from Klopp - a reminder that some battles are more important than those on a football pitch.

“It was very important – whether he played one game for Liverpool first team or 400 it doesn't matter. It was a real nice opportunity to show our support for Stephen and his family,” said Klopp.

[/article]

Wasn't Lallana moved into a deeper position in Klopp's first season? He had a bit of a resurgence before getting injured again if I recall correctly. How long is left on the lad's contract, I'm trying to work out if we'll ever see him in goal.

Wasn't Lallana moved into a deeper position in Klopp's first season? He had a bit of a resurgence before getting injured again if I recall correctly. How long is left on the lad's contract, I'm trying to work out if we'll ever see him in goal.

In his best season for Liverpool, 2016-7, he certainly played more centrally and a little deeper than previously, and unsurprisingly was far more involved in the build-up play than he managed when playing wider.

So yeah, I'm not sure why this is news or something different really, unless he's talking about him sitting REALLY deep like Jorginho does. Hope not, because that's just shit.

I'd be happy with Lallana sitting in a much deeper role. Like a few rows back in the Kop perhaps.

A bit uncharitable and tongue in cheek - but I'm not hoping for or expecting much from him this season. Chamberlin's return is much more important.

Clearly he’s taking over Henderson’s deeper role.

Modo needs someone English in that role to moan about - now the he can’t whinge about Henderson.

Highly doubt Lallana will be competing with or playing alongside Fabinho. He's more likely to be competing against Ox and Shaq.

I won't be writing him off making an impact this year, however history tells he's likely to get plenty of niggling injuries and struggle to compete.

Nicol seems to think Lallana could be on his way this window. Maybe Klopp is just talking him up.

Nicol seems to think Lallana could be on his way this window. Maybe Klopp is just talking him up.
I really hope he is right. I want to see him just leave. Not been horrible but his time with us is almost as bad as Andy Carrol.

I really hope he is right. I want to see him just leave. Not been horrible but his time with us is almost as bad as Andy Carrol.
It's not clubs are knocking on our doors asking for players. We've sold 1 player this season, talks were prior that we'd sell £100m worth of players. Kent is for sale, yet Rangers can't afford the £12m fee for him. Wilson another player available for £21m which is good value in today's market yet no takers.
I have no issues keeping Lallana, it's not like he is stopping the club buying players.

It's not clubs are knocking on our doors asking for players. We've sold 1 player this season, talks were prior that we'd sell £100m worth of players. Kent is for sale, yet Rangers can't afford the £12m fee for him. Wilson another player available for £21m which is good value in today's market yet no takers.
I have no issues keeping Lallana, it's not like he is stopping the club buying players.
Thats coz even if someone bought him, they know he would not be able to play more than a few games.

Fuck this - we don't need square pegs in round holes. He looked useful in that Burnley game where he came on in the #10 position and pressed the hell out of their defence, teeing up one of our goals. Pressing from the front is his forte. I'm not convinced that positional discipline, tracking runners, reading the game and making interceptions on attackers/midfielders is his forte.

Only positive is that it is one less competition for Ox in that attacking role, but he would have been ahead of AL anyway.

That's ridiculous.. There was a period he was our best player.
I think there was a time under Kenny when Carroll was our best player..

Well unplayable at least...

He then became unplayable because he had glass legs.

I dont fall for that shit, he was playing to save his career at Liverpool by doing a load of running and pressing that was essentially beyond his physical capacity. Everyone thinks he was the best because he was the pressing leader for a few games but ultimately never really good enough for us and still isn't. I wish him well but think he is a waste of space. Unfortunately no one will buy him and personally if the club had an offer of 2M, they should really consider selling him. I really wished he never recovered the season before so that Klopp would ave had no option but to play Solanki in that final when Salah had to go off.

Not surprised if Klopp is going to attempt to re-invent Lallana in a new role.

I'm pretty last season it was 0 goals, 0 assists, 50 Cruyff turns, 50 pass the ball backwards?

Only thing I can remember from last season is that block he did at Anfield from which Mane scored.

Ox is a much better option in an advanced role - offers more & has the ability to crack them in from distance.

Injured again for the Dortmund game. It’s a big ask to pin your hopes on this guy for the number 6 role

Injured again for the Dortmund game. It’s a big ask to pin your hopes on this guy for the number 6 role
I don't think we should be asking him at all to do anything, can't we just end his contract on the basis that he is just cannot play for us - because he obviously physically cannot.

I think there was a time under Kenny when Carroll was our best player..

Well unplayable at least...

He then became unplayable because he had glass legs.

Carrol was never anything close to our best player, he was a complete waster and arguably the worst transfer weve made in the premier league era. Lallana does not deserve to be compared to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom