• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Football Finance

Liverpool FC is delighted to continue its journey with Expedia, one of the world’s largest full-service travel sites, re-signing the travel company as a principal club partner and official shirt sleeve sponsor for both the men’s and women’s team for a further four years.

Jolly good, much to forward to seeing that money from that lucrative partnership splashed out on Jude and Mbappe.

You only need to look at them rarely, it's not like there's a lot going on there.....we have 3, only 1 of which gets posted/updated on a regular basis and props to Hass for doing so.

Lads!!!!

PIN EVERYTHING!!!!

This is the way.

Except pre match threads, traditionally....until we next lose a game we shouldn't be losing. So MoMo get ready to start pinning from next week onwards)

Last edited:
There used to be a pinned thread of the parody Fat Sam tweets. I loved that one, but then the smart asses complained about it and said that anyone who really wanted to see them should just follow him on twitter. So I had to sign up to twitter account .... cunts

There used to be a pinned thread of the parody Fat Sam tweets. I loved that one, but then the smart asses complained about it and said that anyone who really wanted to see them should just follow him on twitter. So I had to sign up to twitter account .... cunts

Is Fat Sam still going? What have I been missing out on???

He can take his fucking apologies and stick them up his hole. He was more interested in wining & dining the bigwigs than dealing with the situation as it developed and then was instrumental in trying to stick the blame on us. An apology is worth fuck all when it only comes once the lies have been officially uncovered

[article]Brighton's financial records have revealed the massive fee Chelsea paid to prise Graham Potter away earlier this season.

Their financial statements for the 2021-22 season, which were published on Wednesday, confirmed the exact number to be £21.5m.

The £22m in compensation Bayern Munich paid RB Leipzig for manager Julian Nagelsmann in 2021 is the biggest ever fee paid for a boss, according to Planet Football.

That makes the fee paid for Potter the highest amount spent on a manager in Premier League history.

And it also makes it the second highest compensation fee for a manager in football history.

The Blues moved to appoint Potter in September after owner Todd Boehly axed Thomas Tuchel.

But landing the club's top target did not come cheap.

As well as spending over £600m in the last two transfer windows on players, a staggering £21.5m was also shelled out in order to bring Potter to Stamford Bridge.[/article]

[article]Huddersfield have been taken over by a North American group after chairman Dean Hoyle acquired 100% of the club's shares and subsequently sold them.

Hoyle initially took over in 2009 before selling the club to Phil Hodgkinson, after 11 years at the club.

He returned in 2021 to provide funding due to Hodgkinson's financial difficulties but stepped down as chief executive for health reasons in 2022.

"We would like to thank fans for their patience and support," the club said In a statement,

Huddersfield added that the unnamed group's takeover was subject to "legislative and governance procedures", and that more information would be provided after completion.

The takeover comes towards the conclusion of a campaign which has seen the club struggle in the Championship despite reaching last season's play-off final.

Neil Warnock's side are 22nd in the table and three points from safety, while they were also placed under a transfer embargo earlier in March for submitting their annual accounts late.[/article]

Takes me back to protest songs of my youth

Build a bonfire, build a bonfire
Stick the blueshite on the top
Put the mancs in the middle,
and we'll burn the bloody lot

(it was "tories" and "liberals" back then)

While we're on the subject:

Maggie Thatcher's illegitimate,
She ain't got no birth certificate,
Maggie Thatcher's illegitimate
She's a tory bastard

And my all time favourite (to the tune of Robin Hood)

Maggie Thatcher, Maggie Thatcher riding through the glen,
Maggie Thatcher, Maggie Thatcher, with her band of men
Robs from the poor, gives to the rich
Robbin' bitch, robbin' bitch, robbin' bitch

Back
Top Bottom