• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Final match day of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
1:0 Swansea. Have to feel for Brentford though, bad luck with the red card and they look like a solid well-coached team.

In Ole we trust!

Hopefully he keeps them ticking over for a few seasons but he's clearly not dining from the top table with Klopp, Pep and Zidane.

State of Reina for West Ham's equaliser!

Has there been a more overrated keeper in Premier League history than that sack of shit? Shame we didn't let him seal his dream move to Arsenal when they were in for him all those years ago!

Brendan Rodgers Season at Leicester

2bdc1170ae0ac43e23527fc4161bac55.jpg

He was really good for a few years - and then he slipped.
That doesn't make him overrated.
It means he peaked and slumped ... he's done decently for Villa, considering his age and lack of agility.

He was an adequate keeper between 2005-2009. Between 2009-2013, he was average on a good day and disgraceful on a bad one. Worse than simply a slump. The goals he let in and his general demenaur stank the gaff out. It's just so well for Reina, it was a dismal 3 or 4 years on and off the pitch that his deficiencies were glossed over. I can't fathom why the guy is held in such high regard.

He was an adequate keeper between 2005-2009. Between 2009-2013, he was average on a good day and disgraceful on a bad one. Worse than simply a slump. The goals he let in and his general demenaur stank the gaff out. It's just so well for Reina, it was a dismal 3 or 4 years on and off the pitch that his deficiencies were glossed over. I can't fathom why the guy is held in such high regard.
Golden gloves winner 3 years in a row, adequate? Penalty shoot out hero in the FA cup final?
Imo probably the third best keeper we've ever had. Well at least from the 70s and onwards.

If you're going to ignore what he did early on (name me another "adequate" GK who has won 3olden gloves winner 3 years in a row?) because of your anger at what happened later, then it's hard to really judge him fairly.

Yeah, that's harsh on Reina. He's shite now and was shite for the last couple of years at us, but he was definitely more than adequate. He was a top keeper at one point.

Best keepers we've ever had?

Clemence, Grobelaar, Alisson, Reina...?

Feel like I'm missing someone really obvious.

Yeah, that's harsh on Reina. He's shite now and was shite for the last couple of years at us, but he was definitely more than adequate. He was a top keeper at one point.

GettyImages.824279336.jpg

The Flying Pig, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom