• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fidel on the Route

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkmacca

6CM Addict
My man Fidel takes another step to inevitable greatness by scoring in the Under 19s' victory:

PA-40484601-600x398.jpg

Liverpool U18s won the Mercedes-Benz Junior Cup by coming from behind to beat Rapid Vienna 3-2 in Sunday's final.

The young Reds travelled to Stuttgart to take part in the prestigious two-day indoor tournament and qualified for the semi-finals by advancing through the group stage on Saturday.

After losing 4-3 at Atalanta United in their opening pool match, Barry Lewtas' side responded strongly to register victories over VfB Stuttgart and FC Schalke 04.

Hosts Stuttgart were defeated 1-0 courtesy of Jack Walls' goal, before strikes from Elijah Dixon-Bonner and Fidel O'Rourke saw off Schalke 2-1.

dc6cad0873601eddfcdc2d77eb504982279b618c.jpeg

Another German opponent, Bayern Munich, awaited in Sunday's last-four match, and Jack Bearne netted decisively to book Liverpool's spot in the final with a 1-0 win.

Vienna opened the scoring in the showpiece game, but Abdi Sharif, O'Rourke and Remi Savage made it 3-1 to the young Reds, who then held on to claim the trophy after the Austrian outfit had pulled one back.

Reflecting on the tournament victory, Lewtas told Liverpoolfc.com: "It's fantastic to win it and the boys did the club proud.

"We had a young team out but they stuck at it and we showed what we are about. It was a brilliant experience for them and we are delighted with the boys.

"Vitezslav Jaros was named goalkeeper of the tournament and that was a nice reward for the progress he is making under Neil Edwards."

He's either going to be a famous superstar through some means, or will spend a miserable life in and out of prison. There is no in-between.

He's already made an impression:

Liverpool flop Lazar Markovic remained at the club this transfer window, against the odds after a move to Belgium fell through.
The Serbian flopped following a big money move under Brendan Rodgers and has been cast side from Jurgen Klopp's squad to play with the under-23s.

Markovic was in the Liverpool under-23 side at the weekend which was knocked out of the Premier League Cup competition by West Bromwich Albion.
The big story was the player who replaced him and almost inspired a successful fightback.
16-year-old attacker Fidel O'Rourke nearly made the breakthrough, withLiverpool's official website picking out his 'lively' performance for praise.
the_sun_out_the_sun_on_sunday_out_fidel_orourke_of_liverpool_and_936643.jpg

This was O'Rourke's under-23 debut and despite the defeat it was a good way to start.
O'Rourke was born back in 2002 and has been playing for Liverpool's under-18s this season.
A strong start has seen him net two goals in three games, enough for him to get the call up to the under-23s.
Outperforming Markovic on his bow may say as much about the Serbian's predicament as it does about the teenager's emerging talent, with the two players moving in very different directions.
the_sun_out_the_sun_on_sunday_out_fidel_orourke_of_liverpool_sco_936652.jpg

He's already made an impression:

Liverpool flop Lazar Markovic remained at the club this transfer window, against the odds after a move to Belgium fell through.
The Serbian flopped following a big money move under Brendan Rodgers and has been cast side from Jurgen Klopp's squad to play with the under-23s.

Markovic was in the Liverpool under-23 side at the weekend which was knocked out of the Premier League Cup competition by West Bromwich Albion.
The big story was the player who replaced him and almost inspired a successful fightback.
16-year-old attacker Fidel O'Rourke nearly made the breakthrough, withLiverpool's official website picking out his 'lively' performance for praise.
the_sun_out_the_sun_on_sunday_out_fidel_orourke_of_liverpool_and_936643.jpg

This was O'Rourke's under-23 debut and despite the defeat it was a good way to start.
O'Rourke was born back in 2002 and has been playing for Liverpool's under-18s this season.
A strong start has seen him net two goals in three games, enough for him to get the call up to the under-23s.
Outperforming Markovic on his bow may say as much about the Serbian's predicament as it does about the teenager's emerging talent, with the two players moving in very different directions.
the_sun_out_the_sun_on_sunday_out_fidel_orourke_of_liverpool_sco_936652.jpg

Already been noted:

http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/index.php?threads/fidel-orourke.128309/

Hit me up, bro: XXTERMINATOR1988
Haha - I'd LOVE to but unfortunately I'm in China and playing online here (Shanghai) is next to impossible with the speed of our internet and banned sites. A major PITA.

Strangely (or maybe not so strangely considering the 25 million that live in Shanghai) I had waaaay faster internet in a deserted fishing village on an island off the coast. The internet in Shanghai stinks. VPNs being attacked by the Govt. these past two weeks make access even worse (both Astrill and Vyper, the ones I've paid for, down).

How is it possible we have a thread on a kid with a superb name and nobody has commentes on his team mate Elijah Dixon-Bonner?

He's either going to be a famous superstar through some means, or will spend a miserable life in and out of prison. There is no in-between.

Heh, there's a family of O'Rourkes near me, I went through school with them. They are indeed a family of criminals and complete bullies. I ended up fighting with one of them throughout school and then in later years when I used to go clubbing, I'd end up in a kick off with one of them everytime we went out. The same lad used to then see me out and about during the week and would apologise profusely, and then do exactly the same thing the following weekend.

One of them used to turn up to the local Post Office in a big BMW, to pick up his giro (go figure) and he's been in and out of prison, when he wasn't pushing his pregnant Mrs down the stairs and stuff. The only good one out this group of brothers dropped dead a couple of years ago, just a couple of years younger than me. Then his son, who is the same age as my daughter, a good kid and best friends with my daughters boyfriend, went to a party last year and was fatally stabbed. A family of wankers and the few good ones ended up dead, usually the way. Anyway, yeah.. where I come from it's a bad name.

Heh, there's a family of O'Rourkes near me, I went through school with them. They are indeed a family of criminals and complete bullies. I ended up fighting with one of them throughout school and then in later years when I used to go clubbing, I'd end up in a kick off with one of them everytime we went out. The same lad used to then see me out and about during the week and would apologise profusely, and then do exactly the same thing the following weekend.

One of them used to turn up to the local Post Office in a big BMW, to pick up his giro (go figure) and he's been in and out of prison, when he wasn't pushing his pregnant Mrs down the stairs and stuff. The only good one out this group of brothers dropped dead a couple of years ago, just a couple of years younger than me. Then his son, who is the same age as my daughter, a good kid and best friends with my daughters boyfriend, went to a party last year and was fatally stabbed. A family of wankers and the few good ones ended up dead, usually the way. Anyway, yeah.. where I come from it's a bad name.
I've actually known (and know) some decent O'Rourkes. They've almost all been in the old Irish trope of hard drinking, dreamer, bardic types rather than nasty criminal types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom