• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Faboutho

Status
Not open for further replies.
In being more than a bit mischievous in suggesting we sell sone of our better players - and I agree with everything @mark1975, @Frogfish, & @keniget have said.

I think we should retain our best players, that we have an exceptional core of players and that there is a unique set circumstances that have adversely affected our season.

There’s clearly a problem in midfield where we are 2-3 players short in that 24-28 age range where players are generally in their prime.

That saying, we do have to be more ruthless because we are hanging on to players too long - Kieta should have been fucked off for £30-40m years ago - it would have been a loss, but we could have funded a decent replacement from the sale.

Yes let's sell Trent for £200 mill. Announce it to the world too.
"Alexander-Arnold to Real Madrid for £200 mill"

Then go to Dortmund and ask them for Bellers II.

- How much do you guys want for Bellingham?

718yc3.jpg
Trent isn't going anywhere though we do need to look at players who get injured all too often.
In my books these players should be gone by the summer
Ox
Melo
Naby
Milner

Players we could offload to raise cash (I'm not saying all of them)
Nats
Gomez
CJ

I think its worth mentioning, Jota and Ibou are injury prone.at some point we have to ask do we continue with them or capitalise on their value and sell them?

Last edited:
Trent isn't going anywhere though we do need to look at players who get injured all too often.
Ox
Melo
Naby
Milner
£20m
Nats
Gomez
CJ

I think its worth mentioning, Jota and Ibou are injury prone.at some point we have to ask do we continue with them or capitalise on their value and sell them?

Are you suggesting we’ll generate £20m from 3 players contracts expiring & a loan deal ending?

If so… remove the 2 and you’ll have a more accurate figure.

Ox
Melo
Naby
Milner
£20m
Nats
Gomez
CJ

I'm with you but it's very unlikely

Fuck me. One of our best players over the last few years has a poor start to the season after a mammoth effort last year with fuck all rest and a tonne of games squeezed in with a WC on the horizon.

50m - Fuck off.
He’s going to be instrumental in our climb to third, winning the CL and defending the FA Cup.

Cunts!
Jesus H Christ @StevieM, what have you done to this man?

Arrggh, tweet not available.

Was a tweet that summarized this:

https://theredmentv.com/hes-an-interesting-one-journo-on-links-to-declan-rice/

[article]On the latest episode of our Journo Insight Show, we asked goal.com’s Neil Jones for his opinion on the Rice rumours.

Neil said:

He’s an interesting one, Rice. You watch some of the games he played in the Europa League especially last season, at the Euros for England, you watch him, you see his interviews and you see his personality and you think, I’d feel quite comfortable having someone like that my club for 5-10 years as a figurehead, probably a captain. I’ve come around on him definitely as a player.

I think it you would need to lose Fabinho if he came. He’s going to be anywhere upwards of £70 million. I think his contract’s not great.
There will be other clubs involved as well, I think Chelsea have always been very heavily linked. I know people who couldn’t believe Manchester United didn’t sign him instead of someone like Casemiro. I think that a lot of people were surprised City weren’t in there when they bought Kalvin Phillips. I don’t think he transforms Liverpool unless you say he’s going to replace Fabinho in the team.”[/article]

Was a tweet that summarized this:

https://theredmentv.com/hes-an-interesting-one-journo-on-links-to-declan-rice/

[article]On the latest episode of our Journo Insight Show, we asked goal.com’s Neil Jones for his opinion on the Rice rumours.

Neil said:

He’s an interesting one, Rice. You watch some of the games he played in the Europa League especially last season, at the Euros for England, you watch him, you see his interviews and you see his personality and you think, I’d feel quite comfortable having someone like that my club for 5-10 years as a figurehead, probably a captain. I’ve come around on him definitely as a player.

I think it you would need to lose Fabinho if he came. He’s going to be anywhere upwards of £70 million. I think his contract’s not great.
There will be other clubs involved as well, I think Chelsea have always been very heavily linked. I know people who couldn’t believe Manchester United didn’t sign him instead of someone like Casemiro. I think that a lot of people were surprised City weren’t in there when they bought Kalvin Phillips. I don’t think he transforms Liverpool unless you say he’s going to replace Fabinho in the team.”[/article]
Cheers for that.

Remember when people just casually told family and friends that they were having a baby...

Isn't Firmino's wife expecting as well?

Our Brazilians must have been throwing some great bbqs.

Remember when people just casually told family and friends that they were having a baby...

“Joe Green is the happiest man in town. His wife presented him with a son yesterday,” The Granville Sentinel reported on July 9th, 1886.

“There is a new arrival in the form of a chubby boy at the residence of B. Hophing, River Street,” South Glens Falls, The Morning Star reported on August 26th, 1885.

“A young musician has arrived at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Tillotson. The little gentleman tips the scale at ten-and-one-half pounds,” The Morning Star reported on June 10th, 1885.

“A bright little boy made his appearance at the home of E.D. Bissell last Sunday night: weight, ten pounds and a quarter,” The Morning Star reported on September 4th, 1885.

“Joe Green is the happiest man in town. His wife presented him with a son yesterday,” The Granville Sentinel reported on July 9th, 1886.

“There is a new arrival in the form of a chubby boy at the residence of B. Hophing, River Street,” South Glens Falls, The Morning Star reported on August 26th, 1885.

“A young musician has arrived at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Tillotson. The little gentleman tips the scale at ten-and-one-half pounds,” The Morning Star reported on June 10th, 1885.

“A bright little boy made his appearance at the home of E.D. Bissell last Sunday night: weight, ten pounds and a quarter,” The Morning Star reported on September 4th, 1885.

Yeah we generally don't call the newspaper when a baby is born in our family.
We just call and say, guess what? We're having a baby. They say "yay", we say "yay" we go our separate ways.

Yeah we generally don't call the newspaper when a baby is born in our family.
We just call and say, guess what? We're having a baby. They say "yay", we say "yay" we go our separate ways.

We don't either, but there's nothing new about people making baby announcements.

I'm guessing that the fear of miscarriage and infant mortality dampens celebrations for many, especially in times past. Can't think of any reason not to shout about it otherwise. It's the only meaningful thing must people ever accomplish.

I'm guessing that the fear of miscarriage and infant mortality dampens celebrations for many, especially in times past. Can't think of any reason not to shout about it otherwise. It's the only meaningful thing must people ever accomplish.

Yeah, they still celebrated, but did it later. Plenty of cultures didn't name babies for a while due to child mortality.

This happened in the 60s for footballers too. My old man played in England in d1-3 and my brother and sister appeared as announcements with photos.

He played league of Ireland when I was born so I never got the page 5 spread

I was about to call bullshit as the Morning Star was a communist daily paper established in the 1930s. Then I found out there was a different (London) paper, also called the Morning Star:

[article]The Morning Star was a radical pro-peace London daily newspaper started by Richard Cobden and John Bright in March 1856.[/article]

Every day is a school day and I have multiple school days. You could write a book about them.

Last edited:
After years of trying, a couple have their first child. They decide to put an celebration ad in the paper and one day the wife goes to the newspaper office while husband's at work. When he gets home that evening he asks her how much it cost.
"£20,000".
"WHAT? How the heck did it come to that?".
"Well, I went to the office and told the nice young man behind the desk what we wanted, he asked 'How many insertions?' and I said 5 times a week for 20 years."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom