• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ex-Reds you still can't stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't consider diouf and the like to be 'reds' do it's pretty just Owen , that's down to his smug, self-adoring nature combined with how he dilutes any love for this club with utd and Newcastle bs . Although speaking of Newcastle , he went further down iny estimations when I heard about he fucked them prior to leaving..

He was my boyhood hero , quite the opposite in adulthood.

Cultural I would assume. I moved furniture in NYC for a summer and on my first day I was told to never expect tips from Spainish or Jewish people as they never did.

Granted not a huge sample size

Those Spainish people sure are quirky.

Somewhere... in deepest darkest Ireland.. @Rosco is still composing the finishing touches to his masterpiece on Keane.
He was on the BBC for our FA Cup game, they put up his goals and games stats for us. It was pretty good. Should never have sold him in the January.

I don't harbour any dislike for El-Hadji Diouf. I think people should make allowances. You can't pluck a lad from the back streets of Dakar, where they are probably spitting at each other all the time, and expect him to behave like Little Lord Fauntleroy.

Diouf had the mentality of a warrior, and never shirked a tackle. I think his best game for us was the League Cup Final versus Man U at the Millennium Stadium, when he made Gary Neville's life a nightmare.
I stood in the Kop, watching us play Bolton whilst he was on loan to them from us, but was suspended.

He was stood in an executive box & had been animated throughout the match, & kept celebrating every time they did anything good at all, before actually jeering at the Kop.

This was after he'd spat at a fan already, so he was already hated by a lot of fans, but that tipped him way over the edge.

We were still paying over half his wages at that point & was making a point of fucking us over. Grade a cunt.

I stood in the Kop, watching us play Bolton whilst he was on loan to them from us, but was suspended.

He was stood in an executive box & had been animated throughout the match, & kept celebrating every time they did anything good at all, before actually jeering at the Kop.

This was after he'd spat at a fan already, so he was already hated by a lot of fans, but that tipped him way over the edge.

We were still paying over half his wages at that point & was making a point of fucking us over. Grade a cunt.

I remember this story, if I recall correctly he was told in the end to sit down and shut the fuck up or he'd be kicked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom