1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Ex-Reds you still can't stand

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by Silver Sean, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Lippy

Lippy Semolina No... ????? Member

A big part of the reason Kopites never took to him was he was forever banging on about playing abroad and for England rather than for Liverpool. He contributed hugely to generating that situation

2. got red on me

got red on me Very Active Member

He’s playing in Japan.

3. Jerry Laser

Jerry Laser Very Active Member

Karius... Fucking twat

4. manwithnoname

manwithnoname Bravo old man. Bravo. Member

If he'd been a bit less "Chester" and even fostered a bit more of a scouse accent, he'd have been more loved than just respected, but silly as all that sounds you're dead right.

But one of Owen's problems is that he's not even cute enough to know that, much less do it, and instead his complete and utter lack of emotional intelligence and automaton-style interviews made the average Kopite think "he's not quite right, that lad", even though as a 17 year old goalscoring prodigy who came through the schoolboy ranks and blew the league away while still looking like a kid, he should have been adored.

He's just weird.

5. ILD

ILD Very Well-Known Member

You say that and I do agree to an extent but the fecker still won a good few trophies since he left us. With Chelsea, he won the FA Cup, Champions League and Europa League (he scored in the final).
    He then went on to win the Euros and World Cup with Spain. I can't remember what personal contribution he made himself to those victories but he has some medals to show for it.

6. manwithnoname

Yeah, no disputing that.

Like I've said before, he left because he didn't think he'd win anything with us, so you can't argue with it, but it's certainly fair to say that he must still have felt a bit unfulfilled because, after us, he was never the same player and he knows we saw the best of him as a player - he was a declining, albeit successful, bitpart afterwards, with most of that success being around him, not down to him.

7. Judge Jules

Judge Jules SCM Addict Member

It was weirdly fascinating, and actually a little sad, watching the guy during the days immediately after he signed for them. He looked like death warmed up at the signing itself, had "What the tuppenny F'CK have I done?" written all over him and looked gloomier still a few days afterwards when we went there and beat them (the first time anyone had done so there in the league since forever), then spent all his time after the final whistle talking to our players. I think he knew things would never be the same again for him the minute he put pen to paper.

8. manwithnoname

He looked like that in his last 6 months with us, too. It was understandable then, but it seemed to be his subsequent, default mindset after he left. Maybe part of it was his own reflection on how good he had it, but also recognising his declining levels. Plus Chelsea are awful, obviously.

9. bluebell

bluebell Active Member

Potato, Potato

10. Barba Roja

Barba Roja Plundering since 2005... Member

Haha!

11. Whaddapie

Whaddapie Moderator Moderator

Hate: Diouf. Hope he dies screaming.

Dislike: Owen. Riise. Saunders. Ruddock.

12. Aidan O' Neill

Aidan O' Neill Well-Known Member

I have a special hatred for Neil Ruddock. He should have been a darts player, not a footballer. We had a very good team in the 90s and if we had somebody better than that prick at centre back and a better professional for young lads to look up to you that team might have achieved something. Even with that header against Man United I still hate him.....and I hate myself for reading his autobiography (I didn't buy it, can't remember how I even ended up having it but I read and it was shit).

13. gkmacca

gkmacca Part of the Furniture Member

The thing that got me about Ruddock was that, in the rare times when he got himself fit and trained properly, he was actually a decent defender. But he usually couldn't be bothered. And just look at him now, what a joke.

14. Barba Roja

You ever hear of the £1 game 'Razor' Instigated? Something like you hold a £1 coin in your hand and pass it on to the nearest player while the match was being played. The one left holding it at the end of the match foots the bar bill........ Fucking fat twat, Corden loving cunt. Still, he owned Cantona with the collar thing. That was fucking funny.

15. Whaddapie

Whaddapie Moderator Moderator

He was actually a very underrated passer of the ball... When he was arsed, he could ping it 40 yards on a sixpence.

16. Dreambeliever

Dreambeliever Looking on the brightside HAHA! Member

All of them appear regularly on LFC TV

17. Jack D Rips

Jack D Rips Very Well-Known Member

Have to say I liked/like Riise but he seems to be getting a lot of hate on here. Why is that?

18. Barba Roja

Personally I have no idea. He always seemed sound to me. Plus he scorched one into the back of the Old Trafford net. Bonus points surely?

jason likes this.
  19. moron

moron i am legend Member

I hate the entire spice generation - ALL OF THEM - no exceptions, and blame them completely for our failure to win a title because of their lack of fitness and desire. I really hate watching them on TV as pundits, coz they won fuck all and even if some of those that survived in GH's cup winning days , they were in my view reluctant bit part players.

20. gkmacca

gkmacca Part of the Furniture Member

Exactly. Such a waste, such a waster.