1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Ex-Reds you still can't stand

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by Silver Sean, Jan 9, 2019.

1. jexykrodic

jexykrodic Well-Known Member

I can't really hate any ex-players as I could only take them seriously when they were playing. Otherwise they should be in remedial class.

However I do have an irrational dislike of Roy Hodgson. I feel both pity for his mediocrity and detestation at his ability to make a noble game seem like chess for beginners. If pity added to detestation equals hate then yeah he's a dick.

2. mark1975

mark1975 Moderator Moderator

Haha.. that's fucking superb. I've never seen a kick off at one of those tournaments yet (though I admittedly only watch a few).

3. mark1975

mark1975 Moderator Moderator

He's a complete head fuck Hodgson. Only he could champion a defeat against Everton as a great result, and then go on and beat City with a complete underdog like Palace. His assertion that he's a successful manager because of what he did in Scandinavia is the most galling and pitiful thing.

white-sox likes this.
  4. manwithnoname

manwithnoname Bravo old man. Bravo. Member

Yes, like Balotelli, I hated him before he came. But certainly hated him more after (and during).

5. Kay Age El

Kay Age El Well-Known Member

I don't hate any of our former players, well, except maybe for Agger for being so fucking injured all the time.

There are the obv ones that stand out through bad behavior like Diouf, but some of the stories that have surrounded Bellamy does imply that he could be a bit of an arse too. And Riise's sad attempts at picking up woman through SMS certainly gave one the impressions that he was a bit daft. Obv doesn't make me hate them at all but I guess they are probably just not my cup of tea personality wise based on those stories at least. (Funnily enough it was also those exact two players who seemed incapable of behaving properly even around the team, prior to the Madrid game with the golf-club incident for instance).

Also, as a player like Fowler was phenomenal but as a role-model not so much imo.

6. Judge Jules

Judge Jules SCM Addict Member

Interesting and duly noted.  Thanks for that.

7. Jack D Rips

Jack D Rips Very Well-Known Member

Diouf obviously. Wouldn't have a lot of time for Pennant either.

8. manwithnoname

Tennants is a fine shout. Total brainless, horrible cunt.

I'm more than disappointed we signed him

9. Portly

Portly Old Age Pensioner Member

I don't harbour any dislike for El-Hadji Diouf.  I think people should make allowances.  You can't pluck a lad from the back streets of Dakar, where they are probably spitting at each other all the time, and expect him to behave like Little Lord Fauntleroy.  

Diouf had the mentality of a warrior, and never shirked a tackle.  I think his best game for us was the League Cup Final versus Man U at the Millennium Stadium, when he made Gary Neville's life a nightmare.

10. manwithnoname

Nah. Nope. No. Niet. Non.

His upbringing is not unique to him, he's just a cunt. A massive, horrible, spiteful, hateful, egotistical cunt who is despised by fans of all clubs across the country.

*He was good in that game, though. I'll give him that. But he gets fuck all else apart from eternal disdain

Squiggles likes this.
  11. Judge Jules

Judge Jules SCM Addict Member

I respectfully but completely disagree, Portly old fruit.  He came from French football after spending four years there and didn't merely fail but actively refused to mend his ways.  As far as on the field is concerned: fighting spirit is fine, necessary even, but really not enough by itself to compensate for being a resolutely non-scoring no.9.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019 at 12:07
  12. Portly

It's true that Diouf did not live up to his heralded French soubriquet, "The Serial Killer!"   ;)

13. Squiggles

Squiggles Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

Owen

Little smug cunt broke my ten year old heart. Leaving LFC just seemed incomprehensible at that age. I've only grown to hate him more as time goes on. How he has a media career is beyond me. I don't know any football fan who has a good word to say about him.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

refugee likes this.
  14. Portly

You are talking about a player who scored 158 goals in 297 appearances for Liverpool, including winning the 2001 FA Cup Final against Arsenal virtually single-handed after Arsenal had outplayed us for most of the game.  Although I share your irritation at his current media persona, you can't dismiss him out of hand in that way.  Despite his idiosyncrasies, he has to be regarded as a club legend!

Esoteric likes this.
  15. manwithnoname

He was brilliant for us, and I'm always less inclined to "hate" him because he still obviously likes us, and also he's Carra's mate (whatever that is worth).

He's a fucking dullard, though. And weird.

16. Piedro

Piedro Very Well-Known Honorary Member

Hes a fucking bellend.

I used to work in a popular South Liverpool Restaurant, a couple of night shifts through the week. He came in one Wednesday night with his page 3 bird, think her name was Amy something or other. We got him a table even though we were pretty much full. He had a 3 course meal and about 7 or 8 cocktails (fucking strong ones as well, I was making them). Paid up, left barely any tip, and got up to leave. His bird was fucking stunning like so I held the door open for them so I could get a better look at her arse. Walked out and not even a thanks or anything. Then I watched as he walked over the road, got in the drivers seat of a car (some Lamborghini or something like that), switched the engine on, and fucking screeched off down the road. The guy must have been 4 or 5 times over the limit the amount of ale he had. Hes a professional footballer on 60K a week, and hes drink driving in a very noticeable car. Prick.

And don't get me started on Xabi Alonso. Tight fucker.

17. manwithnoname

The Tennants story is standard behaviour. But don't you dare besmirch Lovely Xabi!
    Maybe the tightness is a cultural thing. Or he forgot to tip. Or had no change. LEAVE XABI ALONE

tomasjj likes this.
  18. Ukrainian by marriage

Ukrainian by marriage SCM Follower Member

The service was probably shite ... :)

Rosco, ILD, jan and 5 others like this.
  19. Portly

Stuck his thumb in the crème caramel.

20. Mamma Mia

Mamma Mia Very Well-Known Member

I'm a very generous tipper, except when I get one of those weirdo pervs who are constantly leering at my wife.

Esoteric, SaRed, Bradley and 2 others like this.