• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton v Liverpool - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand and agree completely when there is a furore concerning mm or part of the body. I can't understand it when people doubt a computer drawn line calling it subjective ;)

Anyone have a pic of Mane's position at the time of Thiago's pass ?

The computer operator (in the VAR studio) decides where to draw that line (not even the referee himself). It's not a computer generated line based off images. It is a line that is set and moved by the computer operator (on instruction from the VAR in the studio). This is where the subjectivity comes in.

Yeah it's just some snidey, sweaty fella drawing the lines himself in the dark. It's a pisstake.

The technology itself could be used properly and done well, but not with these morons in charge.

I can't remember a game that I've felt so angry about afterwards.

If Mane is offside for that winner, then that's the game done. WTF is going on when you've got some bellend drawing arbitrary lines with some part of the arm? WTF doesn't he spend as long picking the frame that the ball is kicked? VAR should just be used to overturn miscarriages of justice and there needs to be a clear margin applied to offside decisions.

How VAR decides that no action should be taken against Pickford is a joke, and its inevitably a serious injury to our most important player. Then Richarlison does Thiago - he should get a minimum 5 game ban for that. To be denied the win is literally just adding insult to injury, especially in the manner it was done.

On the plus side, I thought we did brilliantly against the 'in-form' team in the league and off the back of the Villa debacle. Our midfield was different class. Brilliant goal by Mo too.

I can't remember a game that I've felt so angry about afterwards.

If Mane is offside for that winner, then that's the game done. WTF is going on when you've got some bellend drawing arbitrary lines with some part of the arm? WTF doesn't he spend as long picking the frame that the ball is kicked? VAR should just be used to overturn miscarriages of justice and there needs to be a clear margin applied to offside decisions.

How VAR decides that no action should be taken against Pickford is a joke, and its inevitably a serious injury to our most important player. Then Richarlison does Thiago - he should get a minimum 5 game ban for that. To be denied the win is literally just adding insult to injury, especially in the manner it was done.

On the plus side, I thought we did brilliantly against the 'in-form' team in the league and off the back of the Villa debacle. Our midfield was different class. Brilliant goal by Mo too.

CL final against Madrid was the last time I was so angry after a game. The same sense of being gutted by cowardly play and incompetent spineless officiating.

Ancelotti has really gone down in my estimation after that. I hope somebody snaps Richarlison in half when they come to Anfield, hes a proper nasty cunt

CL final against Madrid was the last time I was so angry after a game. The same sense of being gutted by cowardly play and incompetent spineless officiating.

Ancelotti has really gone down in my estimation after that. I hope somebody snaps Richarlison in half when they come to Anfield, hes a proper nasty cunt

I made a comment re Ancelotti earlier... I hope when he says how his players thuggish play injured two players, that he talks about it ...

Yes, seeing as he also has previous with a shocking decision in a Spurs game recently.

But the first ref should also have a hard think on why he didn't do anything at all.

I guess since this was not dealt with by the ref (booking) it can be punished retroactively?

Reading all these reports about "This is a new Everton" and "They handled the Reds" kinda makes me chuckle.
Injured our best CB, got lucky not to be down 2-0 and a man after 10 minutes, and should have lost bar a horrible call that even Pat could see was calamitous and they're the "new Everton"

New Everton ?

At Goodison :
Shots. 11 (5) - 22 (8) (blocked 1-6)
Saves 6 (inc. 3 that could/should have been goals on another day) vs 3 (all easy).
Corners 2-5
Possession : 41.9% vs 58.1%

Certainly seemed more like the old Everton to me ! And they've had a far far easier ride to date too.

PL games played:
Everton : Spurs, Brighton, Palace, WBA, Liverpool
Liverpool : Leeds, Chelsea, Villa, Arsenal, Everton

Reading all these reports about "This is a new Everton" and "They handled the Reds" kinda makes me chuckle.
Injured our best CB, got lucky not to be down 2-0 and a man after 10 minutes, and should have lost bar a horrible call that even Pat could see was calamitous and they're the "new Everton"

In fairness they were greatly improved from previous years and threw our best attacking side off for large portions and created plenty.

New Everton ?

At Goodison :
Shots. 11 (5) - 22 (8) (blocked 1-6)
Saves 6 (inc. 3 that could/should have been goals on another day) vs 3 (all easy).
Corners 2-5
Possession : 41.9% vs 58.1%

Certainly seemed more like the old Everton to me ! And they've had a far far easier ride to date too.

PL games played:
Everton : Spurs, Brighton, Palace, WBA, Liverpool
Liverpool : Leeds, Chelsea, Villa, Arsenal, Everton

I was saying in the build up they have a heavily padded record.

In fairness they were greatly improved from previous years and threw our best attacking side off for large portions and created plenty.

They aren’t. They’ve played bottom 6 sides and a spurs side who were “lazy”. They were shit scared of us and constantly left their boot in. A leopard never changes his spots. Those dirty cunts deserve fuck all.

They aren’t. They’ve played bottom 6 sides and a spurs side who were “lazy”. They were shit scared of us and constantly left their boot in. A leopard never changes his spots. Those dirty cunts deserve fuck all.

This Everton are miles better than the Everton of the previous few years. Without question.

Wait to see them against a top 10 side before wanking them off with your bum cheeks.

I don't actually think they can help themselves now. When they're up against us they automatically s**t themselves and become incapable of not playing dirty.

Seen Pickford's tackle a couple more times today and it looks worse than ever. I've half a mind to suggest the club sues the stunty b@stard over it.

This Everton are miles better than the Everton of the previous few years. Without question.

Wait to see them against a top 10 side before wanking them off with your bum cheeks.

He's said absolutely nothing wrong here. This Everton side looks more assured than previous years

I've no doubt the wheels will come off, but just discounting them completely is just weird

I don't actually think they can help themselves now. When they're up against us they automatically s**t themselves and become incapable of not playing dirty.

Seen Pickford's tackle a couple more times today and it looks worse than ever. I've half a mind to suggest the club sues the stunty b@stard over it.
There is absolute consensus across the whole raft of commentators (even Gray & Keys), studio guests and TV referees - it was a Red Card whether it was offside or not (as per the rules).

He's said absolutely nothing wrong here. This Everton side looks more assured than previous years

I've no doubt the wheels will come off, but just discounting them completely is just weird

He also made a greatly improved comment earlier. I think they’ve had an exceptionally charmed life so far this season. The best Everton team in three decades and they resorted to usual yard dog shit housery to get anything.

They have the most charmed season.

Spurs should’ve been out of sight before half time. West Brom will end up 19th and played half the game with 10 men. Palace took the dodgiest of hand balls to win. Brighton can’t defend for a toffee.

They will end up between 8th and 14th. As always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom