• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton lose on-loan Gerard Deulofeu for a month with hamstring tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamstrung_pigeon

Well-Known
Don't think I've seen this mentioned here. Apologies if I missed a previous post.

-----

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/16/everton-gerard-deulofeu-hamstring-january

Everton lose on-loan Gerard Deulofeu for a month with hamstring tear

• Deulofeu to miss at least four matches for Everton
• Roberto Martínez had feared injury was worse

Everton will be without their talented Spanish forward Gerard Deulofeu only until January due to a hamstring injury suffered against Fulham on Saturday.

The news should come as a relief to Roberto Martínez, who had told the on-loan Barcelona player to prepare himself for "the final third of the season" after an unexpected hamstring tear in the aftermath of the 4-1 win.

However, according to a statement from Everton on Monday: "Scans have now shown the extent of the soft tissue injury in his right hamstring, which is likely to keep him out for a few weeks."

Deulofeu has developed impressively in recent weeks and had replaced Kevin Mirallas in the starting lineup against Fulham. The 19-year-old will miss Premier League games against Swansea City, Sunderland, Southampton and Stoke City over the festive period, plus the FA Cup third-round tie against Queens Park Rangers on 4 January.

It's not really that big of a loss

a) osman will just take his time (he'll be fine)
b) they were doing fine without him until he made his breakthrough

If they were playing bigger teams in that time it would be a bigger loss, unfortunately they're more than good enough to beat those teams without him. God I really hope Everton drop points soon, they're the only team ruining my positive outlook at the league right now.

It's not really that big of a loss

a) osman will just take his time (he'll be fine)
b) they were doing fine without him until he made his breakthrough

I think it will be, eventually the squad they had was going to fall short, this lad gave them a fresh injection of life and they started scoring goals more regularly once he started games alot more. They do have a decent squad in midfield, but not that decent that they won't come unstuck eventually.

We need Everton to win or draw against Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal...

He is on loan

Wiki says so

I think he's basically running his contract down whilst on loan, but he is on loan

Just noticed that they've got a 9-game unbeaten run going. Bet it ends against Swansea.

On Swansea:
With no Europa League games for this period, Swansea can now refocus on the league. 20 points from 16 games is pretty poor form and with the league the way it is this season, 2 or 3 bad results could see them dragged uncomfortably close to the relegation zone. This is especially worrisome for them when you see that they have a terrible schedule coming up with games against Everton, Chelsea, City, Man U and Spurs. They could very well be in the relegation zone if they don't pick up points from this stretch (the other game being against Villa which sits just a point below them currently).

So, hopefully they'll be up for the fight and take points off these CL / title challengers. Starting with Everton.

He is on loan

Wiki says so

I think he's basically running his contract down whilst on loan, but he is on loan

Oh right! Apols. I seem to remember both Barry and Citeh talking as if he had left for good.

The move was not finalised until close to the 11pm deadline, with City apparently keen to secure a transfer fee for him.

They have relented, although it is not clear how much of Barry's wages Everton will be liable for

The former England midfielder is currently on loan at Everton after being told he has no future at the Etihad Stadium.

But Barry, 32, reckons his departure from City may not cost him a second Premier League gong – because he feels the Blues face more competition than ever to lift the title.

Oh right! Apols. I seem to remember both Barry and Citeh talking as if he had left for good.

Probably because his contract with city expires at the end of this season.. He probably stay with the bitters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom