• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton game

Status
Not open for further replies.

keniget

6CM Addict
Administrator
We really could've done with some lower league fodder instead of a resurgent Everton and recent injuries have made this even trickier to navigate.

We've got a really difficult run of fixtures coming up and are down to the bare bones. I'm really hoping Klopp ignores the fact that it's a derby, rests most of the first teamers and hopes for the best.

Adrian, Hoever, Phillips, Jones, Lallana, Elliot and Origi surely all start.

Too early for Minamino or throw him straight in?

Obviously wont be the side that lost to Villa but will it be 6-7 changes or more like 3-4?

With it being Everton and at Anfield..I reckon it could only 3-4, Fa Cup is much bigger incentive than the EFL too.

Pretty much down to the bare bones now so here goes....

Adrian Williams Hoever Gomez Robertson Milner Lallana Jones Elliott Minamino Origi

Maybe Chirivella in for 1 of Jones/Elliott for added experience?

Adrian
Williams
Hoever
Gomez
Phllips
Milner
Lallana
Jones
Elliott
Minamino/Shaq/Keita
Origi

Keep a strong bench including Mane, Salah, Gini, Robbo, Trent and bring them on last 20 if needed.

Adrian
Williams
Hoever
Gomez
Phllips
Milner
Lallana
Jones
Elliott
Minamino/Shaq/Keita
Origi

Keep a strong bench including Mane, Salah, Gini, Robbo, Trent and bring them on last 20 if needed.

You can scratch Keita off that line up. Klopp has confirmed that he's out.
I really like the FA cup, but if it stands between us and the league, it can fuck off for now. I'm with you 100%, play a team of back ups.

We really could've done with some lower league fodder instead of a resurgent Everton and recent injuries have made this even trickier to navigate.

We've got a really difficult run of fixtures coming up and are down to the bare bones. I'm really hoping Klopp ignores the fact that it's a derby, rests most of the first teamers and hopes for the best.

Adrian, Hoever, Phillips, Jones, Lallana, Elliot and Origi surely all start.

Too early for Minamino or throw him straight in?

Straight in 100%

Rest everyone.

Adrian
Williams
Hoever
Phillips
Lacrous
Jones
Lallana
Elliot
Origi
Minimino
Brewster

I wouldn't go crazy resting players personally. We can win the double this season, I'm fucked if I'm throwing that away for the sake of one game against fucking Everton.

Alisson
Hoever
Gomez
Van Dijk
Robertson
Lallana
Hendo
Minimino
Elliot
Origi
Mane

I dont think Allison or Gomez have played enough games to be in need of resting just yet. Is Shaq available? If so Id go with

Allison, Hoever, Gomez, Phillips, Milner, Lallana, Jones, Shaq, Elliot, Origi, Minamino

Throw your souls , kiddos! You won't get another chance like this the rest of the decade !!

I wouldn't go crazy resting players personally. We can win the double this season, I'm fucked if I'm throwing that away for the sake of one game against fucking Everton.

Alisson
Hoever
Gomez
Van Dijk
Robertson
Lallana
Hendo
Minimino
Elliot
Origi
Mane
This ... except Shaq or Brewster for Mane if either are ready. And have Robbo, Hendo and VvD subbed off if at all possible for 20-30 mins rest.

The pre macth thread on the other side of Stanley Park:

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...on-preview-match-report-and-motm-poll.109151/

https://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=98966.0

I recommend reading the last few pages. The ones during and after the game today.
Oh alright if you insist, just a couple then :

They've put out their first choice lineup tonight. Surely they'll rest quite a few for Sunday. Having said that Origi will probably score a hattrick.

I mean, we have to win eventually. Sometime before I die.

What makes you think we’re going to beat them one day?

Just want this over and done with

Play the way we've just played and we'll get mauled. Problem is we're so fucked as a squad we won't be able to press enough... Some of our players are dead on their feet.

(re. the 16.01 KO for mental health) .. Then they should not show this game or better, cancel it.

In two minds, do we want them to rest players and face the potential ridicule of losing to their U23's or just play their first team so we don't feel so bad about the 874th consecutive derby defeat?

Truth is, they’re the best team in the world. Champions league winners, going to smash the league, unbeaten in 12 months, unbeaten in 50 games at home. Even if they rotate they’re heavy favourites to win.

(re. 1 min late KO) : Minute’s silence for our hopes and dreams?

It's like watching The Omen . You know how it will end.

Now they're just racking up shots against everyone, and allowing very little. 3.6 v 0.6 xg tonight. Absolutely blown away (SU).

Watched that Moysie Kean youngster vs. City .. got to say they could have a good 'un on their hands there. We'll have to watch him, pacy and clever.

We need to rest the majority of the senior players. Everton have had a tough Christmas period aswell, so Carlo will do the same I reckon.
Shame we have so many injuries at the moment, but I'm not that bothered if he plays a pretty mixed team.
Winning nr 20 is much more important than going through to the 4th round in the FA cup.

Anyways;

Adrian

Hoever
Gomez
Phillips
Robertson

Milner
Lallana

Elliot
Minamino
Mane

Origi

We need to rest the majority of the senior players. Everton have had a tough Christmas period aswell, so Carlo will do the same I reckon.
Shame we have so many injuries at the moment, but I'm not that bothered if he plays a pretty mixed team.
Winning nr 20 is much more important than going through to the 4th round in the FA cup.

Anyways;

Adrian

Hoever
Gomez
Phillips
Robertson

Milner
Lallana

Elliot
Minamino
Mane

Origi

That's next year mate.

Limited harm in starting the CBs, but surely one of the full backs needs a rest. Midfield will surely be Lallana, Milner & Jones or Minamino.

-------------Adrian------------
Neco--Gomez--VVD--Robbo
--------Lallana--Milner-------
-------------Jones--------------
Mane------Origi------Minamino

If Takumi does start I can't see it being in a midfield trio with Millie & Adam Lallana. Would love to get Curtis Jones in the middle.

Van Dijk has played 30+ matches already this season including international games, let him sit this one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom