• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Euro qualifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turkish Booing of minute of silence explained (a bit simplistic re: the Kurds, but just highlighting it):

101GG Note: Everything below this point are the thoughts of Mustafa Özsarı – certainly, his views on the Kurdish-Turkish conflict will be questioned by many.

Let it be clear: In Turkey (especially at football matches) a one minute silence is always used to chant for those who died in terrorist attacks.
And what they are chanting is this “Şehitler ölmez, vatan bölünmez”. Translation: “Martyrs, they do not die (they are immortal), homeland (land, our land) is indivisible.”

That is a habit from our past with the terrorist organisation PKK. More than 30,000 of our citizens died over the past 30 years by the PKK (including babies, women, children, teachers, officers, doctors, students and soldiers).

In any event, after PKK terrorists kill someone in Turkey, people chant this. Below is a proof from one Turkish Premier League match:
Same slogan “Şehitler ölmez, vatan bölünmez”.

And also, they booed the terrorist, not the victims. Any victims of terrorism are accepted as martyrs in Turkish culture. There is no disrespect to them, there has not been, there will not be.

I demand a correction for your news, as soon as possible and an information mail related to topic.

Because this news creates hate around the world against my people, and for the wrong reasons.

Deli Alli plays like a young steven gerrard.

Seem to recall we were linked with him and he is a liverpool fan. Spurs got a bargain at 5 million for this kid.

RoI, Wales and NI are in the same pot so assume can't be drawn together. One of them could end up in Englands group. The draw will take place on 12th Dec.

_86741230_uefa.jpg

RoI, Wales and NI are in the same pot so assume can't be drawn together. One of them could end up in Englands group. The draw will take place on 12th Dec.

_86741230_uefa.jpg
I'm glad that the republic and norn iron aren't in the same group, that time of year can be tense enough In Belfast with a football match being thrown into the mix.

I'm glad that the republic and norn iron aren't in the same group, that time of year can be tense enough In Belfast with a football match being thrown into the mix.
Doesn't say they can't play each other once the knock out stages start, if they both make it through.
Those games would be close to the twelfth too.

Doesn't say they can't play each other once the knock out stages start, if they both make it through.
Those games would be close to the twelfth too.
That's true, but there's less chance of it.

They'll meet in the final now, after me saying that.

Rep of Ireland already took four points off Germany. It'll be a piece of piss for them. Second place will be the only spot up for grabs.

Ireland are LONG overdue a decent draw in any competition, we always seem to get one of the harder qualifying groups and if we get to the finals we usually get a tough group there.

I doubt there are many English posters who would disagree with me that England are the weakest of the top seeds. Having seen Hungary in both matches of their play off I'd say they are the weakest of the 3rd seeds. It's hard to know for sure with the 2nd seeds but maybe Russia look the weakest there..........so I want...........

England
Russia
Hungary
Ireland

I really don't want..............

France
Italy
Poland
Ireland

Group of death will be Spain, Italy, Poland, Iceland

Group I want
England
Switzerland/Austria
Romania/Hungary
Republic of Ireland

So 6 groups - I assume this means the knock-outs start at round_of_16 which means four 3rd placed teams qualify?

[edit]

Yepp:

The four best third-placed teams are determined according to the following criteria:[32]
  1. Higher number of points obtained;
  2. Superior goal difference;
  3. Higher number of goals scored;
  4. Fair play conduct;
  5. Position in the UEFA national team coefficient ranking system.

Its a fucking sham like. 24 teams enter, and only 8 actually go out after the groups. You could actually not win a fucking game in the group stage and get through.

Its a fucking sham like. 24 teams enter, and only 8 actually go out after the groups. You could actually not win a fucking game in the group stage and get through.
ROI got to the quarters of Italia 90 without winning a game.
It is theoretically possible to win the competition without winning a game.
:)

Yeah suppose so, still too many teams in this though. It's all about the money.

Fucking hell. All the paddies want England.
I don't.
The forth placed teams will play the top team in the group last so I want a team in our group that will hopefully win their opening two games and having qualified play a second string against us in their final group game.
I, and I suspect most English fans, wouldn't be over confident of that happening for England.

I don't.
The forth placed teams will play the top team in the group last so I want a team in our group that will hopefully win their opening two games and having qualified play a second string against us in their final group game.
I, and I suspect most English fans, wouldn't be over confident of that happening for England.
That's most excellent logic. I applaud this muchly.

I don't want England, at all and don't want our matches anywhere near there's.

The stories from fans at the world cup about the England games were lets say less than flattering.

I don't want England, at all and don't want our matches anywhere near there's.

The stories from fans at the world cup about the England games were lets say less than flattering.

We're just one religious fanatic/suicidal arsehole away from being best buds though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom