• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting EURO 2016

Prefix for Betting Threads
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pesam

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
I've decided not to get involved with individual games. I've got a budget of £1,500 for the tournament and hope to make a 33% profit i.e. £500.

I always like to watch each team once before getting too involved so what I've done is layed 4 teams that I "know" won't win the tournament and will find others to back/lay once I've seen everyone play.

My bets so far are
£80 lay of Italy @ 18.5/1
£68 lay of Portugal @ 22/1
£17 lay of Wales @ 92/1
£12 lay of Sweden @ 130/1

I have layed a little of England and Germany and backed a little on Poland and Croatia and that has left this..............................

France +£203
Germany +£63
Spain +£203
England +£67
Belgium +£203
Portugal -£1361
Italy -£1367

Croatia +£377
Austria +£203
Poland +£504
Switzerland +£203
Wales -£1387
Sweden -£1357

ALL OTHER TEAMS +£203

As the tournament progresses I expect to lay more teams until I am only on 2 or 3 teams with a potential profit of £500. Fingers crossed.

4 bets for me so far for a small bit of fun.

40 win on Croatia@33-1
30 win on Griezman@13 golden boot.
20 win on Richard Keogh to be Ireland's top goalscorer at 25-1.

20 on Alli to receive the most bookings for England at 13-2.
Fair play to Sky bet for giving me odds on that market which I requested.

4 bets for me so far for a small bit of fun.

40 win on Croatia@33-1
30 win on Griezman@13 golden boot.
20 win on Richard Keogh to be Ireland's top goalscorer at 25-1.

20 on Alli to receive the most bookings for England at 13-2.
Fair play to Sky bet for giving me odds on that market which I requested.

Which bookie Leo? The prices ye got on Croatia and Griezman look very good but the price on Keogh is piss-poor. Having said that.............Thanks for the tip because I reckon that's an inspired selection. Given that Ireland won't score too many goals (maybe 1 or 2) there's every chance Keogh (who is long overdue a goal and has won me lots over the years with his goals) can get one and at least tie for top goalscorer.

On Betfair he's 40/1 but I've been cheeky and have looked for someone to lay him @ 70/1. If nobody takes the bet I'll stick £10 on at 40's.

On the NY Liverpool fans' page on Facebook an Irish fella's posted this:

"I see England are 8/1 to win the Euros.

For those of you not familiar with betting or wagering this means that, if you bet £20 on England at 8/1, you lose £20."

Cheeky get. :D

Last edited:
I've decided not to get involved with individual games. I've got a budget of £1,500 for the tournament and hope to make a 33% profit i.e. £500.

I always like to watch each team once before getting too involved so what I've done is layed 4 teams that I "know" won't win the tournament and will find others to back/lay once I've seen everyone play.

My bets so far are
£17 lay of Wales @ 92/1

I have layed a little of England and Germany and backed a little on Poland and Croatia and that has left this..............................

France +£203
Germany +£63
Spain +£203
England +£67
Belgium +£203
Portugal -£1361
Italy -£1367

Croatia +£377
Austria +£203
Poland +£504
Switzerland +£203
Wales -£1387
Sweden -£1357

ALL OTHER TEAMS +£203

As the tournament progresses I expect to lay more teams until I am only on 2 or 3 teams with a potential profit of £500. Fingers crossed.

I don't like the look of the German team (relatively speaking) but rather than lay them further I've put £5 on Ukraine to win the tournament @ 130/1, so my Ukraine bet is now @ +£853

I've backed to win the tournament ( with the view of cashing out)

Swiss
Poland
Austria

Player of the tournament

Modric
Pogba
Martial

Top scorer

Embolo
Lukaku
Griezman

Top England scorer

Rooney 7/2

And my favourite and im banking on this to come in to cover the above losses:

A hatrick scored @ 4/7

I also layed Slovakia (after they lost to Wales), £5 @ 310/1. My overall position is similar to the last update apart from I'm +£853 on Ukraine and now -£1347 on Slovakia.

I've backed to win the tournament ( with the view of cashing out)

Swiss
Poland
Austria

Player of the tournament

Modric
Pogba
Martial

Top scorer

Embolo
Lukaku
Griezman

Top England scorer

Rooney 7/2

And my favourite and im banking on this to come in to cover the above losses:

A hatrick scored @ 4/7
That kid Embolo looked excellent when he came on, very surprised he didn't start the game. The price on the hatrick looks very good, I'd be surprised if there wasn't one.

He was 150/1 when I backed him.

I liked it mate. I figure it's got to happen in the group games/ last sixteen (games should be to tight after that).

2ql8kl0.jpg

System bet, small stake. One down, two to go...

Well I've seen every team once now and am still none the wiser. Normally I'd start betting on individual games now but I'm gonna keep my powder dry a bit longer. I have a slight fancy for Russia to beat Slovakia.............I'll guess 2-1.

I flew to Geneva on Thursday (to be picked up by 3 Czech friends, who were driving from Zlin, and taken to St. Etienne for the Czech v Croatia game) and arrived just in tme to see Sturridge score the winner for England. There was a bar on the concourse at arrivals and as I had 3 hours to wait for "the lads" to turn up I also got to watch the NI game.

A big crowd stood by the bar watching and as McAuley scored I shouted "YES!!!" and punched the air. As I was wearing my Ireland top (Republic of...) I was quickly mistaken for a NI fan by the locals who spent the rest of the game telling me how proud I should be of my team...........I couldn't be arsed correcting them.

For the record I had £15 on McAuley @ 33/1 :)

My bets so far are
£17 lay of Wales @ 92/1

France +£203
Germany +£63
Spain +£203
England +£67
Belgium +£203
Portugal -£1361
Italy -£1367

Croatia +£377
Austria +£203
Poland +£504
Switzerland +£203
Wales -£1387
Sweden -£1357

ALL OTHER TEAMS +£203

I really haven't been active with this at all. A couple of reasons being; I went over the France and spent 2 days pissed and 2 days recovering and lost my focus on most games on during those 4 days and since I'm back I've been struggling to make sense of the form of most teams. I layed most of my poland bet at 17/1 after they beat Switzerland. Obviously I'm getting increasingly worried about Portugal, Wales and Italy all still being there but I think/hope Italy will go out tonight. My current position is.....................

France +£228
Germany +£88
Spain +228
England +£92
Belgium +£228
Portugal -£1336
Italy -£1342
Wales -£1362
Poland +£66
Iceland +228

Well this has been a spectacular failure so far. I haven't got to grips with it at all and have hardly made any adjustments in-running. My predictions that Portugal, Wales and italy would fail have proved spectacularly bad and but for Germany's penalty win over Italy I'd be in dire straits. As things stand I'm guaranteed one team fighting my corner in the final and guaranteed one big loser.

France + £228
Germany +£88
Portugal -£1336
Wales -£1362

I want Wales to beat Portugal so that at least if I lose this bet my Welsh friends will have the time of their lives. If I lose this bet and have to see Ronaldo gurning into the camera in celebration I'll puke. I could sell this bet now for a £330 loss but as I'll have the favourite no matter what on the final day I'm prepared to let this bet run and keep my fingers crossed.

Wales for me too Pesam, I have them in the sweep in work to win £300 if they win the tournament, or £180 for runner up (was a £20 a go sweep).

Ideal scenario is that France win the tournament with Wales as runners up. My mate has hefty bets on France (7/2), Griezmann top scorer (10/1) and the double (25/1).

I'll get a good few pints next week if that comes off! And I get my £180 for Wales as runners up.

I'm Confused, surely you'll get bummed whatever happens tonight so may as well sell to limit damage?

I'm Confused, surely you'll get bummed whatever happens tonight so may as well sell to limit damage?
Not quite HC although whoever wins tonight means that I get a potential bumming in the final but I can still come out of this with a profit if Germany or France win the final. I am looking at a potential £1,300 loss but could actually keep that money and win £228 extra if France prevail. It's a big risk but I never place bets that I can't afford to lose for this reason i.e. if the bet loses I'll be pissed off but it won't ruin me.

Wales for me too Pesam, I have them in the sweep in work to win £300 if they win the tournament, or £180 for runner up (was a £20 a go sweep).

Ideal scenario is that France win the tournament with Wales as runners up. My mate has hefty bets on France (7/2), Griezmann top scorer (10/1) and the double (25/1).

I'll get a good few pints next week if that comes off! And I get my £180 for Wales as runners up.
Yeah France were my tip at the start of the championship and tbh I thought I'd be +£500 on them by now but I just never got into this challenge and just kept letting everything ride. Happy days for both of us then if France win this :)

Reactions: HC
Fair play, I shit the bed at taking a £100 hit, we're clearly in different leagues!

Fair play, I shit the bed at taking a £100 hit, we're clearly in different leagues!
I had my first losing season last season in about 12 years and I think my bad run is here to stay because, since become a Dad, I don't have nearly as much time to watch football (and study form) as i used to...........so my betting has got a lot smaller. This bet was an attempt to try something new.............instead of £100/£200 bets on every game I thought this would limit my liability to £1,300 and that I had chosen well and there was little chance of failure...........I could be wrong.

Did you trade out as the match went on or anything Pesam? How did you finish up?

Did you trade out as the match went on or anything Pesam? How did you finish up?
Ooops sorry I forgot to finish this off, I'm obviously trying to put it out of my mind. No didn't trade out and I really should have when Ronaldo went off as Portugal's price went from 2/1 out to 3/1 which would have meant escaping with an acceptable loss of £230. I was up about £400 on the tournament at that stage too so it would still have meant a profit.

I think I put too much faith in the fact that Portugal had very little attacking intent and without Ronaldo looked totally impotent so I figured France would just wear them down and finally take one of their chances.

It was a stonkingly badly played bet from start to finish and highlighted a very poor season's betting. I am not optimistic about things picking up either as i just don't have the time (anymore) to watch the amount of football required to win at betting. I had a very good run which included 11 or 12 consecutive profitable years but now I'm gonna revert back to a "just for fun" punter with maximum £20 bets (apart from the 1% challenge).

Did you have many bets during the championship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom