• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

England Vs South Africa - Cricket Tour 2012

Red Astaire

Member Of 'The Toilets At The Harry Fan Club..
Anyone out there into the cricket? I'm off with a mate tomorrow to the Oval to watch day 1. Can't wait although I'm sure it's going to rain. Anyway cricket and beer go hand in hand so I'm the sure the day won't be totally ruined ;)

I never thought England would ever become the best team in the world in nearly all forms of the game. They are amazing to watch.

Very into it. Go to watch England whenever possible next two times I will watch us live is at Lords and then in Colombo.

Weather permitting I expect we'll win 3-0. Though with the amazing English 'summer' we will be lucky to get one completed game. Should be a great series. Though I expect the conditions will be too much for South Africa. Looking forward to seeing how good this Vernon Philander is against the best top order in the game. Easily the two best teams about at the moment and what's also great is how far Australia and India (the two teams I hate the most) are behind England and indeed South Africa.

Very into it. Go to watch England whenever possible next two times I will watch us live is at Lords and then in Colombo.

Weather permitting I expect we'll win 3-0. Though with the amazing English 'summer' we will be lucky to get one completed game.
Yeah I've got a ticket for Lords day 3 I think. Columbo would be amazing. I've been to the SCG a few times. Twice during the last ashes tour. Amazing. I try and go as much as I can - only test cricket though. I don't really follow county.

My big sporting ambition is to do a full tour of the windies! I've got 4 years worth of airmiles to pay for it too. I just need to convince the wife it's a good idea :)

Tomorrow is a win win for me. Who ever wins the toss will bowl for sure and have the advantage. If that's England fine. If SA win though England will bat and I always prefer watching them bat.

Weather permitting I expect we'll win 3-0. Though with the amazing English 'summer' we will be lucky to get one completed game. Should be a great series. Though I expect the conditions will be too much for South Africa. Looking forward to seeing how good this Vernon Philander is against the best top order in the game. Easily the two best teams about at the moment and what's also great is how far Australia and India (the two teams I hate the most) are behind England and indeed South Africa.

Easily the two best teams and you'll sweep us? Come on ... I was going to say England 2-1 if every game gets completed.

Philander is a very very good bowler.

England were bloody lucky to escape a 3-1 mauling the last time they faced SA in decent weather. So I guess with weather and 'home field', you are favorites and should win. Oh well ... that's why they play the game.

Yeah hoping Sri Lanka will be good. Just watching England in Colombo but going down to Hambanton for Sri Lanka vs South Africa. Not going to Kandy because I have no interest in New Zealand, Pakistan or Bangladesh (except for Tamin Iqbal who is awesome).

I am the opposite. I don’t really enjoy watching England bad…unless we are 400/1

I just wish cricket was still on channel 4. Fucking sky are cunts.
Yeah I remember those days - You get highlights on channel 5 though ;) and there is always the majestic TMS. I could listen to Aggers and Henry Blofeld all day.

Yeah I remember those days - You get highlights on channel 5 though ;) and there is always the majestic TMS. I could listen to Aggers and Henry Blofeld all day.
There was something boss about sitting there all day on the couch watching cricket in the summer. I remember when we played SA in 2002 (?) and we got destroyed, god we weren't half shit back then. How times have changed!

It just ain't summer for me unless I have a couple of days of work in the garden sunning myself with cold beer to hand and Blowers on the wireless. Bliss.

England were bloody lucky to escape a 3-1 mauling the last time they faced SA in decent weather. So I guess with weather and 'home field', you are favorites and should win. Oh well ... that's why they play the game.

You on about in 2008?

The tests in SA when Swann (I think) held fort as the last wicket in two tests when we had a few overs to bowl him out. It was a great series though - ended 1-1 with both results being thrashings (by an inning each I think).

Think that was the last time yeah. South Africa won 2-1. First match drawn after England posted 500+ first innings.

I don't think so mate - it was 1-1 with 2 draws ... It was a great series though (makes me wish I could have been there for it!)

I thought you meant in England.

Yeah that series was 2009/10.

The one where you couldn't get our tail out and Collingwood frustrated throughout.

I'm very much looking forward to this, although pissed off that it's only a 3 match series! This SA side is the only team around who i think has a chance of beating us on our patch, they simply seem to have all bases covered.

Too tight to call.

Dave it was in 2010:

Head-To-Head Results
2010: Fourth Test: South Africa won by an innings and 74 runs in Johannesburg
2010: Third Test: Match drawn in Cape Town
2009: Second Test: England won by an innings and 98 runs in Durban
2009: First Test: Match drawn in Centurion

We'll see who laughs last.
Hmmm you're right - there is an element of 'pride before the fall' in this. If cricket has taught me anything it's A) never rely on an English batting line up and B) Kallis is one of the very finest players to play the game. All to play for LTW

Easily the two best teams and you'll sweep us? Come on ... I was going to say England 2-1 if every game gets completed.

Philander is a very very good bowler.

Yeah I do think we'll win all 3 if all 3 are completed. Just like I said we'd beat India 5-0 (check on RAWK for my pre series prediction) and how I said we'd beat Australia in this most recent of series with ease....though admittedly I didn't think we'd whitewash them.

Confidence is high in the England camp and I think we’ll hit the ground running and I don’t fancy South Africa to do the same.

Ok ok Philander. Yes he looks decent. But he’s only played 7 tests against Sri Lanka in South Africa…fuck me doesn’t take a genius to work out Sri Lanka ain’t gonna travel well, a shite Australia team and New Zealand. He could blow England away in this series sure but whether or not he is a very very good bowler remains to be proven in my eyes.

Steyn on the other hand is class.

I have not seen too much of the Pakistani leggy you have but what I have seen I wouldn’t have thought he’ll trouble the England top order too much.

I am leaving myself open to making myself look a right royal fool but this England side is a class above and I am confident this series will go England’s way.

Back
Top Bottom