• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Elliott signs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool FC can confirm the signing of Harvey Elliott from Fulham.

The 16-year-old winger joins the club after making three senior appearances for the Cottagers last season.

Elliott became the youngest debutant in Premier League history when he featured against Wolverhampton Wanderers – aged 16 years and 30 days – in May.

The England youth international will now be part of the Liverpool squad for Sunday’s friendly against Napoli in Edinburgh and the subsequent training camp in Evian.

74b3f53342dc1b236ad15a939f1d3804.jpg

Fulham will argue that Liverpool should pay a record-breaking £9m in compensation for star teenager Harvey Elliott.

The 16-year old, who attracted interest from Barcelona, Real Madrid and RB Leipzig, moved to Anfield over the weekend after turning down a scholarship and running down his contract at Craven Cottage.

Fulham are owed a fee, due to be decided by the Professional Football Compensation Committee, for developing the player who became the Premier League's youngest debutant in Fulham's defeat to Wolves - aged 16 years and 30 days.

Elliott became Fulham's youngest player at the age of 15 years and 74 days in last season's Carabao Cup and it's understood the left-footed attacking midfielder was a fundamental part of manager Scott Parker's plans for the forthcoming campaign.

He made his first Liverpool appearance in a 3-0 friendly loss to Napoli on Sunday, coming in as a second-half substitute.

"I can say many positive things about the boy because we have signed him and he decided to join us when he could have gone pretty much anywhere," Klopp said after the game. "He wanted to be part of Liverpool because of his talent.

"Now that he is here, let's work with him. He needs game time, we have to see where he will get that. He is obviously a fine, fine footballer - that is the reason why we were really interested."

Liverpool hold the record for the highest fee ever paid in compensation, paying Burnley £8m for Danny Ings in 2015.

Ings had many England caps before we signed him, same with Solanki in the England youth setup. No way it'll get near £9m

Very impressed with him tonight especially when he skipped passed them defenders I can see him been on the bench more often than not, he’s got a bright future with us.

Very impressed with him tonight especially when he skipped passed them defenders I can see him been on the bench more often than not, he’s got a bright future with us.
Yeah, he has an instinctive high technical ability. He's a really exciting prospect, and the fact that he is a red supporter is a nice bonus. He chose us over a whole host of top European teams. I hope to see us get a decent cup run that allows him to blossom, and let's hope he presses hard enough in training to get some minutes in the league.

Liverpool's new signing Harvey Elliott has apologised over an offensive video circulating online.
The 16-year-old , who made the switch to Anfield from Fulham on Sunday and played an excellent part in the Reds' pre-season 3-1 win against Lyon , posted the apology to Instagram about the short clip.

The footage circulating on social media, which appears to show Ellliott performing an offensive impersonation, has caused significant backlash and Elliott has now issued a 'wholehearted' apology.

Elliott wrote: "I would just like to wholeheartedly apologise for any offence caused on the back of a video of me currently circulating on the internet.

"The video was taken whilst messing around with friends in a private environment and was not directed at any individual but I realise that my actions were both immature and senseless.

"I would like to stress that the contents of the video do not represent who I am as a person or how I've been brought up, and I am truly sorry."

One thing that i've noticed from these highlights is that of our usual options to replace one of Mo or Mane, he actually has some explosive pace, looks to be direct and want to take on a man, very keen to keep the ball moving with one touches (maybe too keen on a couple of occasions). I wouldn't be surprised if this is a factor in him getting a reasonable amount of minutes at the end of games versus say a Shaqiri, Lallana, Ox etc. I.e. 3-0 up, bring off Mo, bring on Elliot and keep up the intensity in the final third.

I imagine Klopp is going to get him heavily training to learn to press properly.

One thing that i've noticed from these highlights is that of our usual options to replace one of Mo or Mane, he actually has some explosive pace, looks to be direct and want to take on a man, very keen to keep the ball moving with one touches (maybe too keen on a couple of occasions). I wouldn't be surprised if this is a factor in him getting a reasonable amount of minutes at the end of games versus say a Shaqiri, Lallana, Ox etc. I.e. 3-0 up, bring off Mo, bring on Elliot and keep up the intensity in the final third.

I imagine Klopp is going to get him heavily training to learn to press properly.

Yeah, he deffo has something about him. A bit like Coutinho technically from my initial impressions.

Yeah, he deffo has something about him. A bit like Coutinho technically from my initial impressions.

Coutinho started off with nothing and became the cunt he is through determination and desperation. It seems Elliott was simply born a cunt and will waste his talent through lack of effort and too much money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom