• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Elliott signs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Murphy thinks Liverpool are signing a 'superstar' in Fulham's Harvey Elliott

Sat 1 Jun

Danny Owen

@danny8195
3 hours ago

Harvey Elliott is reportedly signing for Premier League runners-up Liverpool despite interest from Real Madrid, RB Leipzig and Ligue 1 winners PSG.
harvey_elliott_of_fulham_applauds_fans_after_the_carabao_cup_thi_923485.jpg

Danny Murphy believes that Liverpool are on the verge of signing a potential superstar in Fulham youngster Harvey Elliott, speaking to Jim White on talkSPORT (8 July, 10:00am).
The youngest debutant in Premier League history is on his way to Anfield. According to the Telegraph, Liverpool have fought off competition from Paris Saint-Germain, Real Madrid and RB Leipzig to sign a 16-year-old who has been tipped for the top ever since he exploded onto the scene at Craven Cottage.
Liverpool are due to pay a ‘substantial compensation fee’ for Elliott, who has featured in just over 20 minutes of top flight football so far.

But if he can fulfil his massive potential, and there’s no reason why he can’t under Jurgen Klopp, then every single penny will be repaid with considerable interest.
And former Anfield hero Murphy believes the sky is the limit for Elliott after joining a club who have improved so many young players since Klopp took charge four years ago.
“He must be on top of the world right now. He must feel fantastic,” Murphy said. “He’ll be looked after there. Not just because of Jurgen Klopp but because of the way the club are set up to cater for young players and their families.
fulhams_harvey_elliott_925344.jpg

“They must really think he’s ahead of his time. In the next couple of seasons I’d imagine they’d hope he’d be a first team player. He’s a great dribbler, quick feet, sharp; we’d probably see him in the cup competitions next season.
"Its fantastic for the lad that they’ve shown so much faith in him. I think this kid could be a superstar and, if he’s got the talent to do it, he’s at the right place. It’s a no brainer for him.”
While Elliott might have been lost in the system at PSG or Real Madrid, the rapid rise of Trent Alexander-Arnold and co at Liverpool suggest that, if he’s good enough, Klopp will have absolutely no qualms about throwing the England U17 star in at the deep end.

I doubt we would have signed him if he was a bellend. The state of his hair though.
Makes Andy Carroll look stylish and clean cut.

The absolute state of him. Looks like a proper bell end.
The kid is 16 is going to cost a few hundred thousands in compensation - why all the hate. Who gives a fuck about his hair, as long he plays well. People forget we had Cisse and the god awful styles he had.

The kid is 16 is going to cost a few hundred thousands in compensation - why all the hate. Who gives a fuck about his hair, as long he plays well. People forget we had Cisse and the god awful styles he had.
Sure but Cisse was a bit of a cock knocker too. He should sort his look out. He looks like a tit.

He looks like when Star trek was over budget and couldn't be arsed doing makeup for some random emissary in the backround, and they just said, let's just make this guy look so fucking ludicrous that he must be from the future.

doc-kirk-spock-dog.jpg

Or the time they stuck a horn and a wig on a dog and called it an alien.

We all mocked Andy Robertson YouTube Comp (it was truly shite) and look how that worked out.

We just have to accept that we know fuck all about him and our scouting team know when he took his last bowel movement to the second. Given our track record of player development and signings under Klopp we have every right to be optimistic about any incoming signings.

I can't speak for others but I don't hate him. Its just a bit of banter. He does look like a chav.

I can just imagine this lad being on cloud nine about signing for his boyhood club, and thinking "Do you know what, I'll have a look at the reaction online."

Then he sees this thread absolutely lashing the living shite out of him.

What a time to be alive.

At what point will we know how much we are due to pay Fulham in compensation? Given the way prices are going for young English players this feels like a bet that cant lose financially assuming we arent going to be paying Fulham £20m in compensation.

Has there ever been a truly great player with an awful haircut or generally prone to spending a lot of effort on their "look"? All the great ones I can remember only cared about football.

Ronaldo , the og one had a fucking stupid haircut, that wedge on his his head

Has there ever been a truly great player with an awful haircut or generally prone to spending a lot of effort on their "look"? All the great ones I can remember only cared about football.

Beckham

Messi bleaching his hair - the little hobbit looking tit.

Ronaldo is constantly obsessed with his look.

Gareth Bale’s fucking top knot.

Souness was back in the day... arguably.

Torres has some shocking mullets on the go.

Beckham

Messi bleaching his hair - the little hobbit looking tit.

Ronaldo is constantly obsessed with his look.

Gareth Bale’s fucking top knot.

Souness was back in the day... arguably.

Torres has some shocking mullets on the go.

There was nothing arguable about Souness's predilection for a bit of preening, but it wasn't that evident on the pitch.

There was nothing arguable about Souness's predilection for a bit of preening, but it wasn't that evident on the pitch.

Very true - proper hard bastard - which isn’t surprising when you consider where he grew up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom