• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Elliott signs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
800px-Hotel_Elliott_sign_at_night%2C_Astoria.JPG

ff88524f-7273-47a9-8979-fc113e5af2f9_1.a34c9d4bf7c540b26c71c2b9626f2e87.jpeg

No seriously...

Exclusive: England U17s midfielder Harvey Elliott to join Liverpool this summer

Sam Wallace

7 JULY 2019 • 11:31 PM

The England Under-17s midfielder Harvey Elliott, the youngest player ever to feature in the Premier League, is to join Liverpool this summer having had the pick of Europe’s leading clubs since rejecting a scholarship at Fulham.

Elliott, who will not be able to turn professional until his 17th birthday next April, was pursued by many in the Premier League as well as the likes of Real Madrid, Paris Saint Germain and RB Leipzig before deciding that he would join Liverpool this month, his schoolboy association with Fulham having ended in June.

One of the most highly-rated 16-year-old players in the country, he was not among the new cohort of first-year scholars announced by Fulham last week. There will be a significant compensation package for his former club which will have to be agreed with Liverpool.

There has been considerable interest across Europe in the 2003-born England Under-17s team with Elliott’s international team-mate Louie Barry, a 16-year-old at West Bromwich Albion the subject of a battle between PSG and Barcelona. Like his most sought-after peers, Elliott will be offered a package that will see him move from the scholarship wages on to a professional deal as soon as he is old enough to sign one. The maximum length professional deal a 17-year-old can sign is three years.

Fulham’s academy has been particularly successful in producing players in recent years. They sold Patrick Roberts to Manchester City in 2015, a deal worth around £12 million when the England junior international was 18. Ryan Sessegnon, 19, is expected to move to a Premier League club this summer.

Elliott made his debut for Fulham last September in the EFL Cup aged just 15 years and 174 days CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES

Elliott made his debut for Fulham last September in the EFL Cup aged just 15 years and 174 days, the club’s youngest ever first team debutant.

In the Premier League in May he was a late substitute against Wolverhampton Wanderers – the youngest-ever at 16 years and 30 days breaking the previous record held by another Fulham player, Matthew Briggs.

The club had hoped that their commitment to fast-tracking Elliott into the first team would see him stay for his scholarship first year and his first professional contract but he rejected their offer.

Last edited:
He’s got the entire top 3 of worst haircuts sewn up... maybe more when we see what the fuck going on at the back!!!

I'm getting Karius vibes from that look. Don't know if there is a name for it. Christian chic or something?

He may look like a cunt.. but it looks like hes going to be our cunt.

Who is he? And should I be excited?

“He looks like a cunt” is the phrase you’re searching for.
That reminds me of my favourite joke.

A guy is at the doctors discussing his problem.

Guy "I have this problem and I can't understand it - Every time I'm naked and look into a mirror I get a massive erection"
Doctor "That's because you look like a cunt"

I once told that joke at a parents evening thing at my lads school. The dads pissed themselves but the mums didn't talked to me for a year. Alcohol might have been involved! :D

Last edited:
Thats probably the worst highlight video Ive ever seen. Id no idea about this lad before watching it, and I still dont.

Are we putting him straight into the squad or sending him out on loan for 4 years like Gruijic?

This is quite cool i guess - he'll be on cloud 9. Wonder if we'll put him into the first team pre season squad.

He looks good

Only watched about a minute but looks a complete one trick pony. Gets the ball on the right wing, cuts inside onto left foot and shoots. Looks selfish and not many of them were even good shots so surprised they made the video. Oh well - he's young and a red so could work out ok.

Only watched about a minute but looks a complete one trick pony. Gets the ball on the right wing, cuts inside onto left foot and shoots. Looks selfish and not many of them were even good shots so surprised they made the video. Oh well - he's young and a red so could work out ok.
Yeah I watched and wasn't bowled over. Thing is though I know fuck all about footy technicalities - I just want to see them score and win. If Klopp wanted him he's got my support..

Well that worked for Robben for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom