• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Echo Pre-Season Survey Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
70,000 partook.

rodgerscharge.jpg

wintrophy.jpg

whichtrophies.jpg

howwilltheydo.jpg

liverpoolfinish.jpg

moregoals.jpg

concede.jpg

excited.jpg

improve.jpg

goalscorer.jpg

transferactivity.jpg

signings.jpg

strengthen.jpg

formation.jpg

7% think we will win the league, 6% think we will finish the season in 1st place.

Hahaha. The Echo is truly, remarkably, shit these days.

More than half their content is derived from social media, much of that they themselves create by asking stupid questions to make polls etc.

I texted them about a nasty accident causing traffic problems a while back, they came back & asked me if I'd go take some photos on my phone of the accident & find out about it.

I replied 'Yeah, no problem at all, if you pay me your standard freelance rate'.

They didn't reply. If you were wondering why half the photos they use look like they've been taken on people's (usually shite) camera phones, that's why.

If you were wondering why half the photos they use look like they've been taken on people's (usually shite) camera phones, that's why.

That unfortunately is the case not only with local papers (to greatly reduce cost in labour - in-house photojournalists - and materials - the photographic equipment the paper used to pay for) but everywhere in general. Magazines, papers, online websites now cheap-out by either buying stock photos at very cheap rates or using free photos (the BBC, CNN, Sky etc. are just as bad, or worse, at doing this. "Send us your photos or video clips") !
The fact that people see so many of these crappy photos / video on social media means they are willing to accept lower quality in general and standards are dropping.

Yep, it annoys the hell out me. I'm no photographer (the hobby appeals but I need to wait until I have spare cash & time, so in about ten years I reckon!), but I appreciate good work & it's cheaper than ever to get great results, yet people think low res photos that are more noise than image are perfectly fine nowadays.

I can understand local papers needing to save costs, but not at the expense of content quality, which is clearly the case with the echo. The Champion (local free paper), actually has better written genuine news content than the echo now!

The echo's a bag of shite and has been for years. Most days I could get a free one in work but it's so bad that I very rarely bother.

All I know is it's got one of those horrible slow almost unreadable websites. It's almost as bad as the Independent one.

In my experience quite a few newspaper sites are like that. Maybe it's because they pack so much advertising on to every page.

In my experience quite a few newspaper sites are like that. Maybe it's because they pack so much advertising on to every page.

Yep.

It's amazing how badly the papers have gone about 'monetising' their online content. They all need to be part of a single platform that you could subscribe to in general, and then use a certain amount of credits on whichever links you want to read from all the titles.

It's putting people like me off actually reading the news. I'd pay for content, just not 3 or 4 separate subs to papers I'd each only read about 20% of.

Yep.

It's amazing how badly the papers have gone about 'monetising' their online content. They all need to be part of a single platform that you could subscribe to in general, and then use a certain amount of credits on whichever links you want to read from all the titles.

It's putting people like me off actually reading the news. I'd pay for content, just not 3 or 4 separate subs to papers I'd each only read about 20% of.
I've thought similarly, I use play newsstand as I love the fact it aggregates stories I want to read from a few sources, I'd pay for a premium version that did the same from paywalled or ad full sites.

I'm surprised they managed to poll 70 thousand people in such a short period of time after we signed Benteke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom