• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
400k following this account

(Liverpool are ready to offer Juventus 90 million euros to sign Paulo Dybala this summer)

... no smoke without fire? or just a rehash of that rumor from last week?
Dybala angling to get a raise?

I'm in the minority who thinks 'meh' he doesn't show up in the big games enough for me.

Happy to be proven wrong if we did sign him. Liklihood v.low though

Its more likely we'll sign his team mate Pjaca.

I like him, he's a brilliant player....but he's not a klopp player

Let's be honest, do you really reckon they'd let him go for only €90m? This guy is Asensio's bracket.

Might as well close this thread, as much chance of this happening than Panama winning the 2022 World Cup without conceding a goal

Anyone who thinks Dybala is overrated clearly hasn’t watched him play before extensively.

I’ve been banging on about this kid even before they signed him for Juve.

Even just accounting for injuries & modest rotation any top player could get 30 games for us.

Plenty of other sides have top players who aren't part of a 'first XI' & if we truly want to challenge we need more than eleven top quality players.

If we're challenging for the title & progressing far enough in the CL each season we can easily justify having at least one top quality player in midfield & one in the forward positions.

This kind of move is exactly what we need imo.

This kind of move is exactly what we need imo.

It would be such a 'jolt' to opposing teams - "Look at LIverpool, fuckers got Dybala" ... and we'd be buzzing ... It's the kind of signing we needed when we were 'right there' with Ged, Rafa & Brendan and didn't get it done ... We need to go for it (Or invest the 90 mill in Oblak)

(Liverpool are ready to offer Juventus 90 million euros to sign Paulo Dybala this summer)

I suspect Juve may be after double the amount to fund ronaldo

At €100m I would imagine the likes of Man United Chelsea RM and BM would be interested. BM have been very frugal in the market place and so will have plenty of cash.
I can't see it happening, and don't want it to happen either as with that fee we could 2 very good players.

No doubt about his talent but he's VERY inconsistent and does have a habit of disappearing in big games. Yes he's scored loads in Serie A but in the champions league he's played over 20 games and only scored 6 goals which is shit.

Let's look how reliable it is from this tweet

€80m for a 30 year old MF

Anyone who thinks Dybala is overrated clearly hasn’t watched him play before extensively.

I’ve been banging on about this kid even before they signed him for Juve.
I'll admit I dont watch Serie A extensively.. I have however seen him plenty of times in the champions league.

Liverpool have no intention of pursuing a deal for Juventus forward Paulo Dybala.
( James Pearce )

Liverpool have no intention of pursuing a deal for Juventus forward Paulo Dybala.
( James Pearce )

Lol. Expected. We are headed for another terrible (yes, terrible) transfer window (probably with just one more signing that will be Shaqiri) and trophyless season.

Lol. Expected. We are headed for another terrible (yes, terrible) transfer window (probably with just one more signing that will be Shaqiri) and trophyless season.

I have a feeling that our starting XI against West Ham will be:

--------------------Karius---------------

TAA----Lovren----------Virgil--------Robertson

----Henderson-----Fabinho---------Keita

Salah---------Firmino----------------Mane

Bench: Milner, Lallana, Shaquiri, Wijnaldum, Gomez, Ward

Possibility that one of Fabinho or Keita might not start, depending on pre-season performance/ fitness, but otherwise I think that's going to be about it.

And maybe Henderson's WC exploits may mean extra rest?

Let's not pretend we're going to see an amazing £50m plus signing in goal, or £90m striker.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that our starting XI against West Ham will be:

--------------------Karius---------------

TAA----Lovren----------Virgil--------Robertson

----Henderson-----Fabinho---------Keita

Salah---------Firmino----------------Mane

Bench: Milner, Lallana, Shaquiri, Wijnaldum, Gomez, Ward

Possibility that one of Fabinho or Keita might not start, depending on pre-season performance/ fitness, but otherwise I think that's going to be about it.

Assuming England make the final the West Ham game is 4 weeks after, wouldn't be surprised to not see TAA, Henderson and possibly Lovren depending on how much time off they are given has to be at least 2 weeks if not 3. Feel it is therefore more likely to see Clyne, Milner/Lallana/Wijnaldum and maybe Gomez central.

Gomez or Matip at CB next to Virgil

Midfield will be grand with milner keita and Fabinho

Big Dom to start!

Assuming England make the final the West Ham game is 4 weeks after, wouldn't be surprised to not see TAA, Henderson and possibly Lovren depending on how much time off they are given has to be at least 2 weeks if not 3. Feel it is therefore more likely to see Clyne, Milner/Lallana/Wijnaldum and maybe Gomez central.

Yeah, maybe. I suppose my main point is that I think that is going to be our "first choice XI" and we shouldn't get too excited.

I suppose the only outlier is that Klopp wanted to spend £50m-odd on Fekir, so perhaps that deal could be resurrected, or a similar amount spent to bolster the attack on another top quality addition. I hope that isn't just going to be Shaqiri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom